View Single Post
Old 06-26-2017, 03:02 PM   #24
Cougar
Nerd Herder

Quote:
Originally Posted by thumperjockey View Post
Follow up:

Just got back from the trip yesterday. Covered 2600 miles. We were lucky enough to experience southern Utah in higher than normal temps. It was 115 the day we left Moab. :/ As a result, we altered our trip some to keep us in cooler areas (meaning lower 100s). This meant we spent more time on rural mountain highways than on the interstate. We went over 4 passes that were 9000ft or greater. It was a wonderful trip and we had a lot of fun.

There were a couple of things that were really handy:
* Pledge wipes - we used two packs of them for helmet cleaning and wiping down our luggage before bringing it in the hotels. (Thanks Grommet!)
* USB battery banks. It was super nice to be able to just plug in a battery to our Sena radios when they died.
* Ram mount for my phone - Would have been much more difficult navigating through salt lake without it
* Sena radios - Made communication easy. When getting frustrated in traffic, music helped a lot.
* Givi hard cases - it was very nice to have everything secure, yet easily removable.
* Hydration packs

Thank you everyone for your help!

EDIT: The tool kit came in handy too. My shift linkage came apart on the way home.
Congratulations. If you don't have the inner bags I highly recommend them. You don't have to remove the bags from the bike and they are lighter and easier to carry.

https://www.giviusa.com/givi-product...35-case-detail
'06, Ivan's ECU Flash, PCIII, Scorpion Can, Airbox Mod, Wire Re-route, 16T, Speedohealer, Ivan's AIS Kit, Cat Skinned, Flies Swatted, EXUP Gone, Lower Fairings, EvoTech Fender Eliminator, Givi V35's and Top Box, SW-Motech Racks, FZ-6 Footpeg Rubber, Blind Spot's Fuel Line, Fren Tubo Brake Lines & Pazzo Levers, Luke's Seat Latch Mod, R1 Shock & Satan's Adapter, Duken4evr Fork Oil, R6 Throttle, CD Screen

Cougar is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.07647 seconds with 9 queries