View Single Post
Old 11-04-2019, 11:56 AM   #3
iluvmyfz1
Just enjoy the machine....

Based on your description and if there aren't any issues with the chain, I don't think I'd bother with a +1 on the rear. Too little effect. I'd say keep up with your good maintenance, inspecting it occasionally for tight spots, worn rear sprocket, or a front cog that begins to hook significantly. Yes, it is perfectly fine to replace the front sprocket if the chain and rear are still in good shape. The small diameter front bears the most load and wear, which is why it is made of hard steel and not aluminum as the rear, but it still wears faster. If all of that remains good, don't plan to change the chain/sprockets until the 10-link measurement is as described here:
http://www.yamahafz1oa.com/forum/showthread.php?t=41882

This stuff gets debated on occasion, so the last thought is, do what makes you feel good.
-'03 FZ1- "Xena"- Custom Orange/Red paint- FuzzyOne mirror mod- SW Motech QR racks- Givi E460 top- E21 side cases- SS brake lines - Scorpion slip-on- Penske 8987 shock- Throttlemeisters- Sargent seat- R1 shift arm- Custom sprocket cover- Cheap ass battery- Extended passenger pegs - Gauge of Eternal Coolness - Valtermoto Rearsets - LED headlights- Carbon airbox covers- Fehling engine case guards (footrests!)- MRA Vario shield -
iluvmyfz1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.04786 seconds with 9 queries