View Single Post
Old 07-01-2018, 02:59 PM   #1
jimco
It's the journey...

Yamaha ChampStreet School

I had the pleasure of attending the Yamaha ChampStreet Riding School at High Plains Raceway in Deer Trail, Colorado on June 28, 2018.

It was taught by Nick Ienatsch, a forum member here (hopefully he will join in the discussion and correct my errors in the details). This was a 4 hour class and cost 100$. And, boy, it was worth every cent. I learned a lot and had a great time.

Nick introduced his instructors and outlined what the class would cover, including safety considerations. He demonstrated 100 points of traction. Then the fun started: we headed to the track. We were grouped with instructors and practiced his techniques. There was no boring classroom talk.

While on the track we would gather and Nick would talk about a topic. The instructors or Nick would demonstrate the topic and off we'd go to work on the topic. We were regrouped with instructors according to his observations (the Harley riders were grouped together, all were fairly new riders).

The class was small enough that there were a maximum of 4 riders in each group (only one group had 4 riders). Everyone received individual attention.

The last 45 minutes we were “turned loose.” No racing and passing was allowed only in one of the complete stop zones (there were 3). If you caught another rider, he/she would wave you by in the stop zone.

There were no crashes and everyone had a great time. If you get a chance you should attend one of these classes.

I have no affiliation with the school or Nick, just a very satisfied customer. I will take the class again when it comes back to Colorado.
jimco is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.07370 seconds with 9 queries