click here for fz1oa web site home page
register a new account, it's free!
email the fz1oa webmasters
read the fz1oa guidelines
read the fz1oa policy
open pat's fz1 site in a new window
open iowaz fz1 site in a new window
technical tips

Go Back   FZ1OA Message Board > FZ1 & Fazer Owners Association > Members Video and Photo Forum

Old 10-22-2016, 04:08 PM   #1
_Will_

Getting to know her

Bought the bike last Saturday and did about 170 miles up and around Blood Mountain today. My impressions after riding a fzr600r for 9 years and switching to an gen 2 FZ1...

-Gets a lot of attention, odd but got asked a couple of times if it was an fz09. The design has aged well.
-Very stable, wheelbase is 1.4" more than the fzr and the fzr is more flickable but the fz1 felt much more plants (more modern and 12 year newer suspension do doubt helped). Mine is an 06 as assuming stock suspension it has stronger springs which is good (I'm 290lbs).
-Nice linear power band and doesn't struggle to get back above 4k to bad if I don't downshift into a slower corner. Mine has a power commander and a graves stainless slip on, don't know if it has been flashed or not.
-Stock seat is a torture device on the highway, non issue if you're moving around through a fun section.
-Got 34.8 mpg, that's the same my FZR got while pulling more bike with a bigger engine and nearly 2x the power. I'll take it.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0227.JPG (297.0 KB, 136 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0223.JPG (273.7 KB, 136 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0221.JPG (291.5 KB, 136 views)
_Will_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2016, 08:36 PM   #2
ctfz1
corner carver

Dirt road made seats but has retired. May be training replacement "seater) (seatmaker)
Seat Concepts offers a $200 option.
A pretty and functional bike.
ctfz1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2016, 05:24 AM   #3
iluvmyfz1
Just enjoy the machine....

Welcome to the forum and congrats on the "new" bike. Enjoy all those magnificent roads.
-'03 FZ1- "Xena"- Custom Orange/Red paint- FuzzyOne mirror mod- SW Motech QR racks- Givi E460 top- E21 side cases- SS brake lines - Scorpion slip-on- R6 shock- Throttlemeisters- Sargent seat- R1 shift arm- Custom sprocket cover- Cheap ass battery- Extended passenger pegs - Gauge of Eternal Coolness - Valtermoto Rearsets - LEDs -
iluvmyfz1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2016, 09:04 AM   #4
mikros

Very fun bike, grats, I love mine too. MIne is the same color and looks very similar
Old 10-23-2016, 11:23 AM   #5
_Will_

thanks everyone, moved up to Georgia from the Tampa Bay area 5 years ago and have yet to grow bored with the roads. I'll have to look into seat concepts, more than a little less expensive than the sargent option.
Old 10-24-2016, 04:39 AM   #6
Torchsport
Deer Whisperer

Welcome Will. I had the same color and year. I miss it...
2008 Yamaha WR250X
2014 Yamaha Zuma 125
2020 Kawasaki KLX110L
Torchsport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2016, 03:36 PM   #7
Duken4evr
Map Maven

Nice! Your pretty bike reinforces my stupid decision to get my then new '06 in silver. I coulda had it in Shift Red if I waited 2 more weeks, but being impatient, I got the bike that was available.

Oh well, it has been a sweet ride. Enjoy that FZ1!

Wise man said - "Don't go bagger too soon".

Get your FI maps right here:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/nr...1_Map_Pack.zip

Akra full exhaust mindless stationary rev out Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w5UNYBqHd7M
Duken4evr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2016, 03:56 PM   #8
_Will_

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duken4evr View Post
Nice! Your pretty bike reinforces my stupid decision to get my then new '06 in silver. I coulda had it in Shift Red if I waited 2 more weeks, but being impatient, I got the bike that was available.

Oh well, it has been a sweet ride. Enjoy that FZ1!
I didn't even care about color when I got mine as long as it was clean and not part of the "custom" look, I will admit the red has grown on me quite a bit and gets a lot of attention, but it does show dust pretty quickly

Go Back   FZ1OA Message Board > FZ1 & Fazer Owners Association > Members Video and Photo Forum