click here for fz1oa web site home page
register a new account, it's free!
email the fz1oa webmasters
read the fz1oa guidelines
read the fz1oa policy
open pat's fz1 site in a new window
open iowaz fz1 site in a new window
technical tips

Go Back   FZ1OA Message Board > FZ1 & Fazer Owners Association > Members Video and Photo Forum

Old 04-06-2015, 07:47 AM   #21
Duken4evr
Map Maven

Front stand plugs right into the hole in the bottom triple clamp. You may have to remove the horn for clearance depending. Mine just clears. The beauty of having both front and rear stands is you can safely lift the bike and remove both wheels for tire changes.

Wise man said - "Don't go bagger too soon".

Get your FI maps right here:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/nr...1_Map_Pack.zip

Akra full exhaust mindless stationary rev out Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w5UNYBqHd7M
Duken4evr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2015, 05:52 PM   #22
mikros

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duken4evr View Post
Front stand plugs right into the hole in the bottom triple clamp. You may have to remove the horn for clearance depending. Mine just clears. The beauty of having both front and rear stands is you can safely lift the bike and remove both wheels for tire changes.
Thanks, and yeah I hadn't thought of the case of being able to do both wheels at the same time but that's a good thought. The front wheel/tire was why I mentioned the need, lacking a center stand. I'm going to check for a front stand like that.
Old 04-06-2015, 10:58 PM   #23
Duken4evr
Map Maven

I have used this one for years. It works fine. One of my little tricks is to slip a deep socket over the stand's pin that loosely but more securely fits in the bike's triple clamp hole. The extra length and snugger fit provided by the socket makes is completely secure and easier to deploy.

http://www.lockhartphillipsusa.com/L...AND-BLACK.html

Wise man said - "Don't go bagger too soon".

Get your FI maps right here:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/nr...1_Map_Pack.zip

Akra full exhaust mindless stationary rev out Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w5UNYBqHd7M
Duken4evr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2015, 05:33 PM   #24
PWRMAD
Registered F'n User

Also, want to add, I just put on the, I think they're called, Satan's highway pegs....these are great. Perfect function, and so unobtrusive they take nothing away from the look of the bike. Yet make long highway drones a lot more tolerable. I was hanging my boots (by my lower calf area) off the pegs, full straight legs, oh so nice.
PWRMAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2017, 07:27 AM   #25
PWRMAD
Registered F'n User

This 'optimized' FZ1 will be for sale soon. Just don't get the chance to ride this perfect running beast enough.
PWRMAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2017, 07:53 AM   #26
jd14771

Quote:
Originally Posted by PWRMAD View Post
This 'optimized' FZ1 will be for sale soon. Just don't get the chance to ride this perfect running beast enough.
separate the hwy pegs to a user @60k and counting on his 07?
jd14771 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   FZ1OA Message Board > FZ1 & Fazer Owners Association > Members Video and Photo Forum