click here for fz1oa web site home page
register a new account, it's free!
email the fz1oa webmasters
read the fz1oa guidelines
read the fz1oa policy
open pat's fz1 site in a new window
open iowaz fz1 site in a new window
technical tips

Go Back   FZ1OA Message Board > FZ1 & Fazer Owners Association > "Off Topic" Discussion

Old 07-22-2019, 06:15 PM   #41
organ donor

This makes me want to tell all my buddies I love and appreciate them, but they would just insult me in some creative way and that’s why I love and appreciate them. Sorry about Don.
organ donor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2019, 09:28 AM   #42
Duken4evr
Map Maven

Well done G! What a cool send off. Love the dirt bike at the service. It is fitting, as that is who Don was. God bless Don, he lived well while he was alive, and that is a good reminder for all of us.

On that note, my annual epic middle aged dirt bike trip to Taylor Park CO is looming in a few weeks. Can't wait. I feel like a kid again, anticipating the fun and socialzing with a bunch of dirt bike nuts. Gotta live while we can!

I do property claims, had a sad one yesterday - poor guy died alone in a small (385 square feet) rental house in Kittredge, CO. No family, nobody knew he was gone for two weeks, when the rent was not paid. Don had lots of friends and family, he was not alone in his journey. In the end, that is about all any of us can hope for.

Wise man said - "Don't go bagger too soon".

Get your FI maps right here:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/nr...1_Map_Pack.zip

Akra full exhaust mindless stationary rev out Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w5UNYBqHd7M
Duken4evr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2019, 11:11 AM   #43
G_man

Quote:
Originally Posted by okaugust View Post
What a wonderful tribute!
Thanks, I appreciate it.

It was a group effort.

Steve McQueen--On Any Sunday
G_man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2019, 11:14 AM   #44
G_man

Quote:
Originally Posted by organ donor View Post
This makes me want to tell all my buddies I love and appreciate them, but they would just insult me in some creative way and that’s why I love and appreciate them. Sorry about Don.
Thanks for that. After a good ride and maybe some brewskis a good ol "I love you man!", is always a good thing.

Old 07-24-2019, 11:22 AM   #45
G_man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duken4evr View Post
Well done G! What a cool send off. Love the dirt bike at the service. It is fitting, as that is who Don was. God bless Don, he lived well while he was alive, and that is a good reminder for all of us.

On that note, my annual epic middle aged dirt bike trip to Taylor Park CO is looming in a few weeks. Can't wait. I feel like a kid again, anticipating the fun and socialzing with a bunch of dirt bike nuts. Gotta live while we can!

I do property claims, had a sad one yesterday - poor guy died alone in a small (385 square feet) rental house in Kittredge, CO. No family, nobody knew he was gone for two weeks, when the rent was not paid. Don had lots of friends and family, he was not alone in his journey. In the end, that is about all any of us can hope for.
Thanks Duke and you are absolutely correct you got to live while you can and Don did have many friends who were concerned about him.
The amazing part of Don was he never really talked about it even though he battled cancer and the nasty effects of chemo for almost 3 years.
He had every reason to complain or be down but that was not Don he was upbeat until the very end.

That sounds like a great ride you have coming up on your new bike I bet you're anticipating it very much take some good pics and ride report.

It's down time for riding out here in the valley of the scorching Sun, we'll have to wait till the end of September. I know when riding season starts up is when it hits gonna hit me hard of my good buddy gone.

I could always count on Don to go riding when nobody else was available.

Old 07-29-2019, 06:26 AM   #46
Duken4evr
Map Maven

In memory of Don. Was out riding with the boys this past weekend. Braap on brother...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg w1.jpg (152.8 KB, 24 views)
File Type: jpg b2.jpg (119.6 KB, 24 views)

Wise man said - "Don't go bagger too soon".

Get your FI maps right here:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/nr...1_Map_Pack.zip

Akra full exhaust mindless stationary rev out Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w5UNYBqHd7M
Duken4evr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2019, 01:53 PM   #47
G_man

Thanks Duke really appreciate it and I'm sure Don does too!
That sure is a beautiful bike and scenery you have their, thanks for sharing! Braaaaap

Go Back   FZ1OA Message Board > FZ1 & Fazer Owners Association > "Off Topic" Discussion