click here for fz1oa web site home page
register a new account, it's free!
email the fz1oa webmasters
read the fz1oa guidelines
read the fz1oa policy
open pat's fz1 site in a new window
open iowaz fz1 site in a new window
technical tips

Go Back   FZ1OA Message Board > FZ1 & Fazer Owners Association > Service & Maintenance > Gen 2 Service & Maintenance

Old 07-25-2019, 10:53 AM   #1
dgianetti

Front Caliper bolt size

So, I'm ashamed to admit I changed my front tire, got distracted, got rushed, and didn't recheck all the caliper bolts. Well, one was loose and vibrated its way out today on the way to work. I managed to torque down the existing one and gingerly limp it to work. Once there, I made a few calls and found out not many places around me carry that bolt in stock.

In case it helps someone else out in a pinch, Home Depot carries them in store.
M10 1.25 x 35mm Flange head bolts. You get a pkg of 2 for under $4. They are Class 8.8 steel, so should hold fine until I can order a replacement bolt.

Anyhow, I figured this might help someone else who gets stuck like I did. I spent most of the morning trying to find a post that specified the specs. I ended up matching my existing to these in store. Perfect fit. The only drawbacks being it's not going to stay rust free for long and it's a 13mm socket instead of a 12mm like the others. It's only temporary however.

Happy riding!
dgianetti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2019, 01:32 AM   #2
MichaelFZ1
Off the deep end

Yep, that’ll do.

However in the past, I’ve found Home Depot’s metric bolt selection to be extremely lacking. If you have a ace hardware near you, they have a much better bolt inventory.
MichaelFZ1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2019, 03:12 AM   #3
_Will_

Or Fastenal, I was doing some amateur engineering on a damper and needed a bolt that would thread a Chinese eBay clamp, fit through the eye of the Italian damper arm, and have the right length and head shape to fit in a recess. I walked in, told them what I needed in stainless and had it shipped across the country since it wasn’t in stock. The cost shipped was less than 2.00 .
_Will_ is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   FZ1OA Message Board > FZ1 & Fazer Owners Association > Service & Maintenance > Gen 2 Service & Maintenance