click here for fz1oa web site home page
register a new account, it's free!
email the fz1oa webmasters
read the fz1oa guidelines
read the fz1oa policy
open pat's fz1 site in a new window
open iowaz fz1 site in a new window
technical tips

Go Back   FZ1OA Message Board > FZ1 & Fazer Owners Association > "Off Topic" Discussion

Old 03-23-2004, 02:39 PM   #101
dipps
administrator

nice avatar, desmo.

fyi.... "The Rundown" comes out on DVD today (with "the Rock" and stifler.... supposed to be a really good action flick) as well as splinter cell: pandora tomorrow for the xbox (and other systems as well, i believe).

Into the hands of every individual is given a marvelous power for good or evil -- the silent, unconscious, unseen influence of his life. This is simply the constant radiation of what man really is, not what he pretends to be.
"I've learned there are three things you don't discuss with people: religion, politics and the Great Pumpkin." - Linus
dipps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2004, 03:07 PM   #102
RoadRashed
Faster than a speeding bullet

Has anyone played Battlefield Vietnam yet? I am seriously thinking of buying it this weekend after listening to my brother talk. He liked it so much he bought 2 copies so he could have one on his dedicated server..... I just fear it would laugh at my video card.......
RoadRashed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2004, 03:12 PM   #103
Desmo
Hello ladies...

Quote:
Originally posted by RoadRashed
Has anyone played Battlefield Vietnam yet? I am seriously thinking of buying it this weekend after listening to my brother talk. He liked it so much he bought 2 copies so he could have one on his dedicated server..... I just fear it would laugh at my video card.......
I ran out Friday evening after work to the local Mega-Electronics store. They had it for $10 off regular price, so $25!!

They were SOLD OUT !!!

Im definitly getting it though.

What kind of v-card you have, and how much memory, system and vid?
Desmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2004, 03:49 PM   #104
RoadRashed

Quote:
Originally posted by Desmo
I ran out Friday evening after work to the local Mega-Electronics store. They had it for $10 off regular price, so $25!!

They were SOLD OUT !!!

Im definitly getting it though.

What kind of v-card you have, and how much memory, system and vid?
I have a P4 3.0 Ghz.....but I only have 512 MB (running dual channel) of system memory.......and a crappy GeForce4 MX440 (64MB) card.... It runs older games great (Return to Wolfenstein, all the Medal of Honors), but I have been downloading a lot of new demos for the very new games that won't even run on this card....... I guess I could check out their website and look for the requirements.
Old 03-23-2004, 03:53 PM   #105
Desmo
Hello ladies...

I have a P4 3.0 Ghz.....but I only have 512 MB (running dual channel) of system memory.......and a crappy GeForce4 MX440 (64MB) card....

Hmmm...now I can't recall what my machine is. P3 I think.
I'll look tonight. Hell, I think I have that same card as you,
it ROCKS for games I've got, including BF1942.
Old 03-23-2004, 04:03 PM   #106
RoadRashed

I guess "crappy" is subjective. My brother is running a P4 3.2 Ghz, 1 Ghz system memory, and a GeForce FX 5950 (paid somewhere around $350 for it )...... I made the mistake of playing some games on his computer recently so now I get irritated with my poor card.

Like I said, it does good on most games..........there are just several new ones that won't even play (Deus Ex, Prince of Persia, Splinter Cell Pandora, and a few others)..... A screen pops up telling me my video card can't do "fill in the blank". Maybe it has to do with the fact that these are all demos, and all cards aren't supported, but I'm just ticked I can't play them.

Common sense tells me the makers of Battlefield Vietnam would make the game playable on older machines as there is a LOT of money to be had, so I am not terribly worried. I just read a few reviews talking about all the vegetation in the game, and the fact that this game eats system resources for lunch if you have very many options turned on, or have the graphics set in the upper end. I'm going to find out soon enough though........as I too am going to buy the first copy I can find.
Old 03-23-2004, 04:19 PM   #107
RoadRashed

Dipps......you seen this one yet?

http://www.gamespot.com/pc/action/st...s_6084869.html

Here's some gameplay video: http://www.fileplanet.com/download.aspx?f=138393
Old 03-23-2004, 04:27 PM   #108
Desmo
Hello ladies...

Bah!! It wants me to log on!
Old 03-23-2004, 04:35 PM   #109
RoadRashed

Quote:

Bah!! It wants me to log on!
Crap..... So it's not even showing the free servers?
Old 03-23-2004, 05:33 PM   #110
dipps
administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by RoadRashed
Dipps......you seen this one yet?

http://www.gamespot.com/pc/action/st...s_6084869.html

yeah. been seeing a smattering of talk about that for xbox on ign.com.... should be able to watch the trailer here. i'm maintaining the wait and see attitude right now.

http://media.xbox.ign.com/media/617/617665/vids_1.html#
Into the hands of every individual is given a marvelous power for good or evil -- the silent, unconscious, unseen influence of his life. This is simply the constant radiation of what man really is, not what he pretends to be.
"I've learned there are three things you don't discuss with people: religion, politics and the Great Pumpkin." - Linus
Old 03-23-2004, 10:52 PM   #111
Desmo
Hello ladies...

Ok RR, I got the game. **** me if it's not totally impossible. I just died, died died and died. I think I got ONE other guy.
Christ, the game is effin' impossible for an old **** like me.

I think I wasted $40.

As to game play - I am running an Intel 2.3 Ghz (P?) with
512 MB ram, and an Nvida GeForce MX 420 wth 64 MB ram.

I run at "medium" settings so far and it's fine. BUT, this game
should be run at a higher res I think.
Old 03-24-2004, 09:45 AM   #112
dipps
administrator

hey, fellas.....

Old 03-24-2004, 10:08 AM   #113
Desmo
Hello ladies...

I can't see what you posted Dipps. Ya got a BIGGER image maybe?
Old 03-24-2004, 10:14 AM   #114
dipps
administrator

it needs to be big so you can see it in all its glory.

i s'pose i could have saved it, then shrunk it down, then attached a smaller image, but i was feeling lazy.
Old 03-24-2004, 03:15 PM   #115
RoadRashed

Quote:
Ok RR, I got the game. **** me if it's not totally impossible. I just died, died died and died. I think I got ONE other guy.
Christ, the game is effin' impossible for an old **** like me.

I think I wasted $40.
Hmm........ That's not good. If you are used to BF 1942, and you are still getting creamed....I wouldn't stand a chance. Add the fact that there are no single player missions.....and this might not be the game for me. I will head over to my brothers to give it a shot before I buy it. Thanks for the warning.
Old 03-24-2004, 04:23 PM   #116
Desmo
Hello ladies...

Yeah, go give it a try. Im not gonna quit on it just yet.
I just got frustrated with it last night. Oy. It's not the games fault that I suck!

You can literally "dissappear" in the new grass texture they have. I ended up almost standing on a guy that I was following who laid down in it and vanished before me.

You can also select your "music" when flying or sailing. So when you get near the enemy in your Huey they might hear Ride of the Valkyries as you approach!! Pretty cool!
Old 03-25-2004, 10:38 AM   #117
Desmo
Hello ladies...

Ok, played this some more last night. It's growing on me. God some decent scores as a sniper. 13-6 in one game. The maps
are pretty amazing. I may be forced to go get a better video
card, I can just imagine what it looks like above "medium" settings. Wowza!

Any recommendations on a good video card? Not cutting edge, something around $100 or so. And no ATI for me.
Old 03-30-2004, 10:42 AM   #118
dipps
administrator

wow. the star wars trilogy is on preorder already, and its selling for only $42. i'm almost shocked. indiana jones sold for more. considering this trilogy set is one of the most anticipated DVD sets of all time, i'm curious if this isn't a misprint. for some reason, i was expecting to the the price for this trilogy set at $60 or more.

http://www.buy.com/retail/product.as...1573&loc=15820
Old 03-31-2004, 10:52 AM   #119
dipps
administrator

here ya go, des..... (18MB video of zombie game)

http://media.cube.ign.com/media/015/015821/vids_1.html#
Old 03-31-2004, 11:05 AM   #120
Desmo
Hello ladies...

Looks awesome. Happily I don't own any console game machine so I can't play it!!

Go Back   FZ1OA Message Board > FZ1 & Fazer Owners Association > "Off Topic" Discussion