register a new account, it's free!
fz1oa store
email the fz1oa webmasters
read the fz1oa guidelines
read the fz1oa policy
open pat's fz1 site in a new window
open iowaz fz1 site in a new window
technical tips

Go Back   FZ1OA Message Board > FZ1 & Fazer Owners Association > "Off Topic" Discussion

Old 01-12-2019, 06:00 PM   #8361
gotfz1
Do you like gladiator movies?

Reid with an extra week of preparation is tough to beat. Chiefs scoring on Colts wasn't surprising. Problem for the Colts was getting behind. Couldn't use their great offensive line average running backs to ground pound and keep the Chiefs offense off the field.

Chiefs once putrid defense got a bit better late in the year as their offense tapered off from the stratospheric start. Mahomes is great but they'll have to be decent on defense to keep advancing.

Colts are going to be good for a long time with that offensive line. They really need to add an outside receiving threat as Hilton in the slot is the only one that scares the opposing team's defensive backs.
Old 01-12-2019, 08:23 PM   #8362
WileECoyote
ACME Test Subject

Location: Bridgeville PA, its not Ten Cee but okay for now......
Quote:
Originally Posted by LiquidSilver View Post
I think Vinatieri's foot announced his retirement twice.
Yes sir, believe your correct......

Quote:
Originally Posted by gotfz1 View Post
Reid with an extra week of preparation is tough to beat. Chiefs scoring on Colts wasn't surprising. Problem for the Colts was getting behind. Couldn't use their great offensive line average running backs to ground pound and keep the Chiefs offense off the field.

Chiefs once putrid defense got a bit better late in the year as their offense tapered off from the stratospheric start. Mahomes is great but they'll have to be decent on defense to keep advancing.

Colts are going to be good for a long time with that offensive line. They really need to add an outside receiving threat as Hilton in the slot is the only one that scares the opposing team's defensive backs.
Excellent synopsis pal.

My long lost love.......1987 FZ700
WileECoyote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2019, 10:22 PM   #8363
Fitty
Let's Ride!

Damn, Anderson was certainly a good pick-up for the Rams!

Fitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2019, 10:24 PM   #8364
WileECoyote
ACME Test Subject

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fitty View Post
Damn, Anderson was certainly a good pick-up for the Rams!
Yeah, unbeleivable.....

Old 01-13-2019, 05:44 PM   #8365
LiquidSilver
Fire is our friend

It was a good run while it lasted.

LiquidSilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2019, 05:52 PM   #8366
Fitty
Let's Ride!

I actually feel sorry for Jeffery. The Rams are going to be hard to beat a second time.

Old 01-13-2019, 06:25 PM   #8367
WileECoyote
ACME Test Subject

Quote:
Sorry buddy....................

Old 01-13-2019, 07:20 PM   #8368
Tom Renda
A Person Off Color

Quote:
Tough way to go -- pick following a tipped ball.

Was hoping Foles could do it one more time.
87 ZG1000 Concours
84 FJ1100
84 Laverda RGS1000
82 Moto Guzzi LeMans 850 Mark III
81 Honda CB900f
75 Norton Commando 850
75 Triumph Trident T160
74 Benelli 650 Tornado
71 BSA Lightning 650
71 Honda SL175
67 BSA Bantam 175
67 BSA Trail Bronc 175
Tom Renda is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2019, 08:40 PM   #8369
LiquidSilver
Fire is our friend

My only regret was that they never used Josh Adams as a running back. They faced two tough teams against the run. I understand Sproles and Smallwood are better blockers and better options on the screen pass. But there was not much chance of them breaking one for any kind of yardage. They used three RB's in the playoffs last year, all of which were better than Smallwood.

Old 01-13-2019, 09:20 PM   #8370
LiquidSilver
Fire is our friend

Andy Reid now has another entire metropolitan area wishing him luck with getting personal revenge against the illegal filming, ball underinflating, cheating Patriots. And if that happens and Brady snubs probable MVP Mahomes it will be even harder for the football press to ignore.

Old 01-14-2019, 07:36 AM   #8371
Wonger

Quote:
Andy Reid now has another entire metropolitan area wishing him luck with getting personal revenge against the illegal filming, ball underinflating, cheating Patriots. And if that happens and Brady snubs probable MVP Mahomes it will be even harder for the football press to ignore.
All stuff every other team did and not nearly as bad as plenty of others. Brady's suspension was for not complying, not cheating. Remember Jeff Blake? Worked out anyway that his 4 game rest had him ready to win another Super Bowl.

I'll throw in some context here:

Video 'cheating': The Patriots were disciplined for videotaping their September 9, 2007 regular-season 38-14 road victory against the New York Jets from the wrong location. The Patriots filmed from an unapproved sideline location instead of from an approved indoor location.

Coincidentally, the Jets had engaged in the same filming activity during their November 12, 2006 regular season game against the Patriots in Foxborough. During that game, a Jets cameraman was caught filming the game and Patriots signals and removed from the stadium. A year later, as a form of payback, the Jets flagged the Patriots for the same activity.
Videotaping your opponents offensive and defensive signals during a game is not prohibited by the league, even today.
However, there are places in the stadium where you are allowed and not allowed to film from. According to the 2007 NFL Game Operations Manual, legal game videotaping locations "must be enclosed on all sides with a roof overhead."

Under-inflated balls:
Immediately after the Indianapolis Colts were blown out (again) by the Patriots, this time in the 2015 AFC Championship game, Colts reporter Bob Kravitz broke a story that the NFL was investigating the Patriots for using underinflated footballs in the game.
Soon afterwards, Chris Mortensen hastily reported, based upon a now-discredited leak from the league, that 11 of the Patriots' 12 game footballs were deflated 2 PSI below the 12.5 PSI minimum legal requirement (Mortensen finally removed his inaccurate tweet on August 4, 2015 -- 195 days after he posted it.)

On May 14, 2015 council for the New England Patriots issued a comprehensive rebuttal to the Wells Report. One significant point was that the Colts broke a written league rule when they tested the air pressure of the intercepted football during the game. The Wells Report never flagged that as an issue.

On May 21, Sally Jenkins of The Washington Post published the best Deflategate analysis to date showing how Goodell took an insignificant rule infraction and trumped it up to a franchise-smearing scandal to save his own hide.
Jenkins wrote:
"NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell predetermined guilt in DeflateGate; that’s clear now. He has smeared Tom Brady and the New England Patriots without proper evidence or a competent investigation and turned an unimportant misdemeanor into a damaging scandal as part of a personal power play to shore up his flagging authority. In other cases, he just looked inept. In this one, he looks devious.

On June 12, The New York Times published an op-ed titled "Deflating 'Deflategate'" which summarized an analysis of the Wells Report done by an independent think tank called the American Enterprise Institute (AEI).
The AEI "On the Wells report" concluded:
"When we analyzed the data provided in the Wells report, we found that the Patriots balls declined by about the expected amount [ed. note: based on the Ideal Gas Law], while the Colts balls declined by less. In fact, the pressure of the Colts balls was statistically significantly higher than expected."
"This implies that the Colts balls sat in the warm room where they were to be measured — and thus increased in pressure — for almost the entirety of halftime before being measured."
"Logistically, the greater change in pressure in the Patriots footballs can be explained by the fact that sufficient time may have passed between halftime testing of the two teams’ balls for the Colts balls to warm significantly, effectively inflating them."

Last edited by Wonger; 01-14-2019 at 07:52 AM.
Wonger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2019, 08:19 AM   #8372
Stella Blue
Yucksamush

I think it was Shakespeare who wrote, “Methinks the lady doth protest too much”.
Stella Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2019, 08:33 AM   #8373
gotfz1

While the accusations against the Patriots resulted in no real proof or just real proof they were doing what all NFL teams do that horse left the barn long ago. Outside of Patriots fans they are hated and will always be called cheaters. If I was a Pats fan I'd consider it a compliment: "Check the scoreboard and trophy case, losers!"
Old 01-14-2019, 09:11 AM   #8374
organ donor

I'm not a Patriots fan and I agree with everything Wonger posted. The Patriots aren't anymore or less of a "cheater" as anyone else in the league. The cheating label is just a smear campaign trying to create a scandal where there is none in an attempt to discredit a really good team. As far as I'm concerned Goodell should have been fired after his mismanagement of the deflategate "scandal" gave the entire league a black eye.

The inflation and conditioning of the footballs was an afterthought rule with really shabby controls in place with so many faults it's laughable, but afterwards the league wants to act like they were using NASA like scientific precision and military control of the game balls. As for Tom Brady not turning over his phone, screw them, I wouldn't turn over my personal cell phone to my employer to go through with a fine tooth comb, looking at my pictures, texts, and emails. Especially after he turned over his emails and the next day the NFL network website has an article about Brady's conversation with the pool company about the price and color options of his pool cover. You going to tell me his dick pics and sexting conversations with his wife or anyone else is going to not be treated the same way and he's not going to have all his personal Shiite all over the interwebs the next day? Yeah, right. It's not a company cell phone and the league isn't paying his cell phone bills, it's his personal property and I would have destroyed my phone too before I'd allow that witch hunt to invade my privacy and try to find something to embarrass me or destroy my reputation with.
organ donor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2019, 09:29 AM   #8375
bplaxton

cheaters or not, and as fine a record as the pats have put together over the years, and as fine a career as Brady's had, it's so boring to have them dominate every year. Sick of them. Can't blame them though. Where was the chargers vaunted D????
2006 shift red, TBR slip-on, cat gutted, modded flies, lars airbox, Ivan's ECU flash and map, DJ PCIII, AIS block, Blind Spot's fuel line, EXUP eliminator, speedohealer, ventura tail rack, HID conversion, throttlemeister bar ends, yamaha gel seat, Watsen Design signals, Satan666 adaptor & R1 shock, Fen Tubo SS lines.
bplaxton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2019, 09:40 AM   #8376
Tom Renda
A Person Off Color

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stella Blue View Post
I think it was Shakespeare who wrote, “Methinks the lady doth protest too much”.
You nailed it.

Patriots. A great team. Coached by a child molester (really, what's was with that horrible hoody for all those years ?????) who could not resist breaking the rules to perpetuate a dynasty.

And thus he ruined it. ("Rooned," to all of us from Brooklyn.)

Patriots occupy my (distant) second spot in the "I root for ANY team playing against them" scheme of football hierarchy.

(First place is, and forever will be, the Cowboys and the memory of mid 70's Tom ("Moral Majority" -- may you ROT in hell you homophobic piece of Shiite) Landry.

The Cowboys are dead. Thank you, Rams.

GO KANSAS CITY!!!!!
87 ZG1000 Concours
84 FJ1100
84 Laverda RGS1000
82 Moto Guzzi LeMans 850 Mark III
81 Honda CB900f
75 Norton Commando 850
75 Triumph Trident T160
74 Benelli 650 Tornado
71 BSA Lightning 650
71 Honda SL175
67 BSA Bantam 175
67 BSA Trail Bronc 175

Last edited by Tom Renda; 01-14-2019 at 10:07 AM.
Tom Renda is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2019, 12:28 PM   #8377
LiquidSilver
Fire is our friend

Does anybody know of any team other than the Patriots that were forced to stomp their videotapes to death and shred their notes on opponents signals in the presence of NFL officials?

Old 01-14-2019, 01:15 PM   #8378
organ donor

Quote:
Originally Posted by bplaxton View Post
cheaters or not, and as fine a record as the pats have put together over the years, and as fine a career as Brady's had, it's so boring to have them dominate every year. Sick of them. Can't blame them though. Where was the chargers vaunted D????
I agree and that's why I was rooting for the Chargers, although I can appreciate and respect the ability to build a scheme and adapt and coach players that allows you to build a dynasty when the league is designed to encourage parity instead of dominance.

Not taking away from the greats like Paul Brown and Don Shula, but Bill Belichick, is in my opinion, the best head coach ever. I can't think of anyone who has done more with less when you consider the success, 8 straight AFC championship games, 13 total, 7 super bowls, 5 championships, made the playoffs 17 of his 20 years. That's unheard of in the salary cap era.
organ donor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2019, 01:45 PM   #8379
Fitty
Let's Ride!

Good article:

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/playoff...235244026.html

Old 01-14-2019, 01:52 PM   #8380
gotfz1

Where was the Chargers D?

Getting exposed by a balanced attack, good coaching, and the most experienced starter in the league who knows how to make pre-snap reads and change plays at the line. The Chargers have some good pieces on D (the line and that rookie safety for example) but didn't quite have the depth to deal with a truly balanced attack. Chargers' best defensive efforts were against teams that were one dimensional and didn't have the QB to take advantage of their substitutions. Chargers need more linebackers that can run to round out the D.

Go Back   FZ1OA Message Board > FZ1 & Fazer Owners Association > "Off Topic" Discussion