register a new account, it's free!
fz1oa store
email the fz1oa webmasters
read the fz1oa guidelines
read the fz1oa policy
open pat's fz1 site in a new window
open iowaz fz1 site in a new window
technical tips

Go Back   FZ1OA Message Board > FZ1 & Fazer Owners Association > Misc FZ1-Related Discussion

Old 07-09-2018, 06:25 PM   #9801
CasuallyAggressive

Quote:
Originally Posted by fermic37 View Post
This quick shifter is so much fun.

Had a squid moment last night, jumping on and off curbs on the ktm with no jacket on and my forearm had a talking to against the concreat. But its 70 degrees in pa right now so bandaged it up and spend the day in the fz.
God I do not miss road rash.
CasuallyAggressive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2018, 02:33 PM   #9802
RobLuca

My 2008 FZ1 is torn down and the parts are mostly in. Today I installed a full Yoshimura R-77exhaust system!
RobLuca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2018, 05:12 PM   #9803
WileECoyote
Rebel Scum

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobLuca View Post
My 2008 FZ1 is torn down and the parts are mostly in. Today I installed a full Yoshimura R-77exhaust system!
Pics of build dude.......we all love pics.

WileECoyote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2018, 05:49 AM   #9804
bradd
Working away

Replaced the front wheel bearings with All Balls, 99,840 miles on the original ones. Feeling the forks with the tire off and front end up in the air steering head bearings will be next on my list.
Old 07-13-2018, 08:44 AM   #9805
_Will_

Took the rims to get some new rubber (road 5 rear, power RS front) and mounted up a top rack and case while it’s sitting still and the wheel is off making the undertray work easier.
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg 20427B71-2EA5-43C6-B469-F06DDE44311A.jpeg (97.0 KB, 85 views)
_Will_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2018, 03:01 PM   #9806
Dean Dinnetz

Made yet another piece on my 2001 FZ1, purplish/blue.

Leaves only the rear cowl, and spare gas tank, that will complete the paint work.

Rear cowl was refinished, but the painter did not get the color correct. It will be correct, very soon.

Current gas tank is flawless, but has the white Yamaha word on it. I prefer the tuning fork decal look, as on the 2003/2005 models.

Just a short matter of time, before the bike is straightened out, paint wise.

Still want to replace the main wiring harness which has cut wires. I have a uncut wiring harness, ready to install. All in due time.

Dean
Dean Dinnetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2018, 03:57 PM   #9807
Bjorn240

Washed and waxed it.

Bjorn240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2018, 07:35 PM   #9808
cuda2832

Took her for a 150 mile morning ride before the heat of the day. Then in the shade of the pines washed and waxed her in preparation for tomorrow's group ride. Meeting at 930 for Early brunch at The Main Cup(https://www.themaincuprestaurant.com/) in Middletown,MD, then on to the final day of Gettysburg Bike week(https://www.gettysburgbikeweek.com/), and a final stop at a local joint, The Woodstock Inn (http://www.woodstockinn.net/)for their Bikefest 2018.
cuda2832 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2018, 08:44 PM   #9809
hooligan998
Save a life, grope your wife!

While riding in to work this evening, I had a varied selection playlist playing and Fox on the Run by Sweet happened to be playing. I was in the curvy part of my ride, enjoying the tunes, and a fox ran across the road in front of me. I thought that was mighty peculiar. Too bad I don't run video (yet) or I'd have pulled a still shot from it.
Old 07-16-2018, 02:28 AM   #9810
_Will_

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan998 View Post
While riding in to work this evening, I had a varied selection playlist playing and Fox on the Run by Sweet happened to be playing. I was in the curvy part of my ride, enjoying the tunes, and a fox ran across the road in front of me. I thought that was mighty peculiar. Too bad I don't run video (yet) or I'd have pulled a still shot from it.
Reminds me of driving down the road one night and the song “One Headlight” comes on from the Wallflowers, less than a minute into the song one of my headlights goes out and I’m driving down the road with one headlight laughing at the perfect timing.
_Will_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2018, 06:49 AM   #9811
okrider

After 4k miles on the Michelin PR4GT I got for free because had a nail in it, the plug I put in started leaking (6psi in a week, not extreme). Now that I have a big boy job, I treated myself to a Road 5. Ordered last night from ridersdomain. Will probably put on this Saturday.
okrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 11:32 PM   #9812
RobLuca

Quote:
Originally Posted by WileECoyote View Post
Pics of build dude.......we all love pics.
Let's see if I got this picture upload figured out.

First image is my 2008 FZ1 as I got it. It already had the Sargent seat and smoked windscreen. Other than that 100% stock.

It rained for 3 days straight when I bought her in May but on the 4th day it was dry so I got up early and put on a hundred miles. I rode her a lot between rainy days, rode her all June and man I love this bike. Since I decided to keep her I decided to make a few changes.. ..then I said screw it and decided to make a LOT of changes.

* Exhaust (Done)
* Flashed ECU (Done)
* Dynojet PCFC (Almost Done)
* Airbox mod (Done)
* FZ1N Single Headlight conversion; OEM parts 90% in - had to order from 3 different vendors and I'm still looking for part # 2D1-1240J-00-P0 Radiator Cover)

One thing that did drive me mad was the buzzing noises around 5000 rpm. I messed with a lot of the fixes I read about on here and they helped but at one point I took of the entire fairing and rode it around like that for a 1/2 hour with 0 buzzing and it just felt better without the fairing blocking my vision. The thread on here by Motovation Accessories and the input from others convinced me to go for it. I'm gonna do a nice neat job just in case if when I'm old I want a fairing again. Apparently the ECU flash greatly reduces vibration too so Ill report back on that after I take her for a ride since the fairing is still on for now.

One image is my Harley riding friend Nick reading me PCFC results while I tweak and the other is me happy with the new Yoshi R-77 racing exhaust.

I still haven't ridden is since I tore it down a little to do the above. Hopefully tomorrow.

Next suspension and brakes.

I'm reading on here about SATANS rear shock adapter and about people using R1 front ends.

Cosmetics are coming last and I'm not decided yet but I got some ideas!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Stock_2008_FZ1.jpg (113.2 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg nickdynojet800.jpg (103.1 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg YoshiExhaust800.jpg (94.1 KB, 1 views)
RobLuca is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   FZ1OA Message Board > FZ1 & Fazer Owners Association > Misc FZ1-Related Discussion