register a new account, it's free!
fz1oa store
email the fz1oa webmasters
read the fz1oa guidelines
read the fz1oa policy
open pat's fz1 site in a new window
open iowaz fz1 site in a new window
technical tips

Go Back   FZ1OA Message Board > FZ1 & Fazer Owners Association > General Motorcycle Discussion

Old 09-05-2016, 10:34 AM   #1681
Drew
Mighty Tonka!

Cracking race! Great battles at the front with Rossi, Crutchlow and Marquez riding at the absolute limits. Vinales was riding on rails, good showing from Suzuki. The first lap crash with Asparagus and Baz was pretty scary, glad no serious injuries, that could have gone really, really bad. Race was like an old-school 500cc 2-stroke race from the 1980's-early 90's.
Old 09-05-2016, 01:07 PM   #1682
grommet
kinetic mentality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drew View Post
The first lap crash with Asparagus and Baz was pretty scary, glad no serious injuries, that could have gone really, really bad.
Yeah when I saw that I was like "Holy @#$%#%&#^%$ they are coming right across the track in front of the stragglers !!"

Redding showed some class by getting back up twice. That must have been hard to do on the home turf. I imagine his homecoming after the race was somber.

Partly stabilized, partly curious.

Be your own man; don't be an owned man.

Some people would rather be dead than wrong.
grommet is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2016, 02:04 PM   #1683
Rttoys
insurance poor

Quote:
The first lap crash with Asparagus and Baz was pretty scary, glad no serious injuries, that could have gone really, really bad. .
I know my autocorrect goes nuts trying to figure out some of these names, but I had to chuckle a bit at this.

'07 Yamaha FZ1- Micron GP slip-on, kitty gutted, Ivan's flies, Ivan's ECU programming, Exup eliminated, AIS blocked, air box mod, BMC filter, PCIII, synchronized throttle bodies, Corbin seat, Powerbronze screen, FZ6 Handlebars, Throttlemeister, Dunlop Q3

2009 Ducati Hypermotard
2014 Yamaha TW200
2013 Kawaski Ninja 300
2018 Honda Grom 125

FZ1- exhaust sound clip
2012 Honda Fury sound clip

CMRA #982
Rttoys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2016, 05:24 PM   #1684
Drew
Mighty Tonka!

Loris Baz helmet. Pretty good conk on the head. Said he was out for a few minutes until medics loaded him into the ambulance, but cat scan was okay. Will ride next weekend in Misano. These are some tough little guys!

http://www.gpone.com/en/201609053183...or-misano.html
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Loris Baz Helmet2.JPG (273.2 KB, 154 views)
Old 09-05-2016, 05:47 PM   #1685
hotboot
pony boy carry me home

Those two riders were sooo lucky, coming across the track would have obviously...you know. Baz looked like a ragdoll.
Old 09-05-2016, 06:32 PM   #1686
russperry

That was some great racing at Silverstone! Great action, elbow to elbow at a bunch of those high speed corners. Probably the best end to end side-by-side racing I can remember seeing all year. I might be forgetting some great moments earlier this year, but in every class and from start to finish, nothing but great, b***s out, I need a ride next year action!
Old 09-05-2016, 09:36 PM   #1687
Falcon 269
Just passing through

What a great circuit Silverstone is for bike racing. The track width allowed for an amazing Moto3 event. So disappointed for Sam Lowes in Moto2 ... what was Zarco thinking when he pulled that dumb move?

So much for Marquez mellowing and learning to take championship points LOL! Terrific performance by Crutchlow again. You'd think he was riding for his contract still.
Old 09-06-2016, 06:23 AM   #1688
stomp347

Best part.....he will be racing for Yamaha next year!! I really like Crutchlow, but he really needs to get a coach for those after race interviews.
stomp347 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2016, 10:30 AM   #1689
WileECoyote
Rebel Scum

Location: Bridgeville PA, its not Ten Cee but okay for now......
Quote:
Loris Baz helmet. Pretty good conk on the head. Said he was out for a few minutes until medics loaded him into the ambulance, but cat scan was okay. Will ride next weekend in Misano. These are some tough little guys!

http://www.gpone.com/en/201609053183...or-misano.html

................holy eyebrows Batman! Might oughta go to a spa for them cateepillarz on ya four head.

WileECoyote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2016, 01:44 PM   #1690
Z Grand
Never Grew Up

Got a question about the MotoGP3 bikes. They're 250cc 4-stroke singles, right? Why do the majority of them have dual mufflers? Seems like unnecessary weight. Or do they have an exhaust pipe for each exhaust valve? Seems like it wouldn't scavenge well.
90 Honda Hawk GT
79 Honda CBX
82 Honda CB900F
Z Grand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2016, 04:50 AM   #1691
Rttoys
insurance poor

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/news/lo...010426629.html

Movistar Yamaha rider Jorge Lorenzo conceded he does not care about this year's MotoGP world championship as he battles through a slump in form.

The defending world champion started the season brightly, winning three of the first six races along with two second-place finishes.

However, in the six races since, the Spaniard has managed just one finish inside the top seven, with two race weekends yielding no points at all.

The slump has seen him fall drastically behind in the title standings, with Repsol Honda's championship-leader Marc Marquez now 64 points ahead of third-placed Lorenzo.

Despite there still being 150 points up for grabs, Lorenzo said his focus for the coming races is on regaining his pace, rather than fighting for the title.

"I don't care about the championship because we are not competitive, we are losing a lot of points," Lorenzo said.

"Always somehow, always happens something for us to lose the points in the last [few] races.

"Let's see at Misano - in the dry we're okay to be one of the fastest, to fight for victory. And if it rains, to try to make another step forward."

'07 Yamaha FZ1- Micron GP slip-on, kitty gutted, Ivan's flies, Ivan's ECU programming, Exup eliminated, AIS blocked, air box mod, BMC filter, PCIII, synchronized throttle bodies, Corbin seat, Powerbronze screen, FZ6 Handlebars, Throttlemeister, Dunlop Q3

2009 Ducati Hypermotard
2014 Yamaha TW200
2013 Kawaski Ninja 300
2018 Honda Grom 125

FZ1- exhaust sound clip
2012 Honda Fury sound clip

CMRA #982
Rttoys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2016, 05:24 AM   #1692
Falcon 269
Just passing through

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z Grand View Post
Got a question about the MotoGP3 bikes. They're 250cc 4-stroke singles, right? Why do the majority of them have dual mufflers? Seems like unnecessary weight. Or do they have an exhaust pipe for each exhaust valve? Seems like it wouldn't scavenge well.
I recall that most Moto3 bikes started with single cans when the class was first introduced but have evolved to twin can systems in the last couple of years. Clearly there has to be a power advantage to this, probably minimal weight penalty (if any) and possibly ground clearance benefits. You can bet that Akrapovic will have got the design optimized to the single engine's characteristics.
Old 09-07-2016, 06:25 AM   #1693
stomp347

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rttoys View Post

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/news/lo...010426629.html

Movistar Yamaha rider Jorge Lorenzo conceded he does not care about this year's MotoGP world championship as he battles through a slump in form.

The defending world champion started the season brightly, winning three of the first six races along with two second-place finishes.

However, in the six races since, the Spaniard has managed just one finish inside the top seven, with two race weekends yielding no points at all.

The slump has seen him fall drastically behind in the title standings, with Repsol Honda's championship-leader Marc Marquez now 64 points ahead of third-placed Lorenzo.

Despite there still being 150 points up for grabs, Lorenzo said his focus for the coming races is on regaining his pace, rather than fighting for the title.

"I don't care about the championship because we are not competitive, we are losing a lot of points," Lorenzo said.

"Always somehow, always happens something for us to lose the points in the last [few] races.

"Let's see at Misano - in the dry we're okay to be one of the fastest, to fight for victory. And if it rains, to try to make another step forward."
I read this today as well. Why the fvck would you say something so stupid? If I was Yamaha I would sit the little shit down and have a nice quick conversation.
Old 09-07-2016, 07:34 AM   #1694
grommet
kinetic mentality

Quote:
Originally Posted by stomp347 View Post
I read this today as well. Why the fvck would you say something so stupid? If I was Ducati I would sit the little shit down and have a nice quick conversation.
FIFY

Or maybe his overblown sense of self-importance and bipolar mixture of brilliance and failure is exactly what they are looking for.

Too bad for Dovi.

Partly stabilized, partly curious.

Be your own man; don't be an owned man.

Some people would rather be dead than wrong.
grommet is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2016, 07:58 AM   #1695
stomp347

Quote:
Originally Posted by grommet View Post
FIFY

Or maybe his overblown sense of self-importance and bipolar mixture of brilliance and failure is exactly what they are looking for.

Too bad for Dovi.
Awesome! Thanks for fixing it for me!!!!
Old 09-08-2016, 11:32 AM   #1696
Torchsport
Deer Whisperer

Finally got around to watching the race.

Congratulations Suzuki. What a commanding win.
Awesome battle for the rest of the podium.

Lorenzo sucks.
2006 Harley Davidson V-Rod Street Rod (*Not a real Harley)
2003 Yamaha YZF-R1 (My favorite generation)

*My reply: If you dont like motorcycles that handle/perform as one should, then yeah...the V-Rod is NOT a real Harley.
Torchsport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2016, 06:48 PM   #1697
Allan P.

The Moto3 race was terrific, some incredible passing.
Old 09-10-2016, 06:31 AM   #1698
stomp347

Lil bitch got the pole. Rossi stepped it up to get second. MM was really fast outta the gate, but started to look aggressive. Should be a great race tomorrow.
Old 09-10-2016, 07:01 AM   #1699
ralphcor

qualifying
Pos. Rider Team Bike Time
1 Jorge Lorenzo Movistar Yamaha MotoGP Yamaha 1:31.868
2 Valentino Rossi Movistar Yamaha MotoGP Yamaha 1:32.216
3 Maverick Vinales Team SUZUKI ECSTAR Suzuki 1:32.381
4 Marc Marquez Repsol Honda Team Honda 1:32.443
5 Michele Pirro Ducati Team Ducati 1:32.467
6 Andrea Dovizioso Ducati Team Ducati 1:32.677
7 Cal Crutchlow LCR Honda Honda 1:32.743
8 Dani Pedrosa Repsol Honda Team Honda 1:32.859
9 Aleix Espargaro Team SUZUKI ECSTAR Suzuki 1:32.918
10 Pol Espargaro Monster Yamaha Tech 3 Yamaha 1:33.002
11 Hector Barbera Avintia Racing Ducati 1:33.301
12 Alvaro Bautista Aprilia Racing Team Gresini Aprilia 1:33.929
13 Stefan Bradl Aprilia Racing Team Gresini Aprilia 1:33.399
14 Alex Lowes Monster Yamaha Tech 3 Yamaha 1:33.635
15 Danilo Petrucci OCTO Pramac Yakhnich Ducati 1:33.716
16 Eugene Laverty Pull & Bear Aspar Team Ducati 1:33.772
17 Jack Miller Estrella Galicia 0,0 Marc VDS Honda 1:33.847
18 Scott Redding OCTO Pramac Yakhnich Ducati 1:33.989
19 Tito Rabat Estrella Galicia 0,0 Marc VDS Honda 1:34.302
20 Yonny Hernandez Pull & Bear Aspar Team Ducati 1:34.465
21 Javier Fores Avintia Racing Ducati 1:35.161
Old 09-10-2016, 09:59 AM   #1700
nipomo_superman

Quote:
Originally Posted by stomp347 View Post
I read this today as well. Why the fvck would you say something so stupid? If I was Yamaha I would sit the little shit down and have a nice quick conversation.
I don't mean to stir the pot so to speak, but I find it surprising that people's love or dislike of riders rivals the greatest popularity contests I've ever come across. I understand if you don't cheer for a respective rider, but why bash them at every opportunity and demean them when we all admire their skill level at the highest in motorcycle racing and hope to emulate a fraction of their talent?

If Lorenzo would have stated, "We're still in it to contend/win the championship even with my issues and bad luck." I'm sure he would have been met with responses of he's an optimistic cocky arse. Instead he states he doesn't believe he has a chance of keeping this years championship and is just going to try and win as many races as possible (bear in mind this is a three sentence/quote interview) and he's met with comments like he's stupid and has an overblown sense of selfimportance.

Perhaps it's just me, I like to watch racing for the raw talent, suspense, and competition, why make it about a popularity contest?
nipomo_superman is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   FZ1OA Message Board > FZ1 & Fazer Owners Association > General Motorcycle Discussion