register a new account, it's free!
fz1oa store
email the fz1oa webmasters
read the fz1oa guidelines
read the fz1oa policy
open pat's fz1 site in a new window
open iowaz fz1 site in a new window
technical tips

Go Back   FZ1OA Message Board > FZ1 & Fazer Owners Association > Parts & Accessories > Gen 1 Parts & Accessories

Old 07-17-2018, 07:05 AM   #1
Loadie2004
Loadmaster Acknowledge

Location: It keeps changing but for right now it's Nova Scotia
Wanted: Gen 1 Handle bars and Fairing Stay

I am looking for a set of Gen 1 handlebars. Mine were involved in a crash prior to me purchasing the bike and have a slight bend in them. I am also looking for the front fairing stay. It has just the slightest twist in it and my fairing just doesn't line up quite right.

If anyone has some straight parts in their sheds I would be interested in speaking with them.

I am located in Nova Scotia.
Loadie2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2018, 11:27 AM   #2
curvecrazy

On those handlebars your better off to buy the aftermarket “superbike bend” bars (Bikemasters are like $20) they’re more comfortable with less wrist bend. You’ll need to look at your risers too cause if the bar bent then one of those probably bent too. Both can be heated up red hot with torch and bent straight I’ve done that myself. I got so irritated with the stock bars bend that I bent the handle ends forward at least an inch. I rode that way a long time.
Old 07-20-2018, 03:29 AM   #3
Loadie2004
Loadmaster Acknowledge

Location: It keeps changing but for right now it's Nova Scotia
Hi Curvecrazy. I would try to bend my bars back into shape, but I can't figure out which side is in the wrong position. The accident happened before I bought the bike and the previous owner did bend them back, just not enough. They are just not symmetrical.
Loadie2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2018, 10:04 AM   #4
curvecrazy

A quandary. You might have to use a long straightedge or string off rear tire to determine straight on the front wheel before accessing. Alternately, if you ride down the road on a flat/non cambered road and release the bars you may be able to ascertain. Be sure your forks are straight by accessing parallel (air gap when looking through at an angle from either side) between the tubes and if not you may also need to loosen the triple clamp bolt and possibly the upper fork clamp bolts to muscle it back straight. If the tubes aren’t straight the bike won’t track straight resulting in confusion. Fwiw
Old 08-10-2018, 08:13 AM   #5
YamahaMan444
Young Explorer

I have a fairing stay that I got in a box of spare parts. Unknown if it’s straight. Would let go for cheap, but shipping to Canada might be an issue but if you wanna pay for it......
Old 08-10-2018, 09:11 AM   #6
grommet
kinetic mentality

The fairing stay can be tweaked without much difficulty. You might want to give that a try before spending $$ on another one and shipping. I used a large channel lock, large crescent wrench, and a pry bar, as needed.

Partly stabilized, partly curious.

Be your own man; don't be an owned man.

Some people would rather be dead than wrong.
grommet is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   FZ1OA Message Board > FZ1 & Fazer Owners Association > Parts & Accessories > Gen 1 Parts & Accessories