register a new account, it's free!
fz1oa store
email the fz1oa webmasters
read the fz1oa guidelines
read the fz1oa policy
open pat's fz1 site in a new window
open iowaz fz1 site in a new window
technical tips

Go Back   FZ1OA Message Board > FZ1 & Fazer Owners Association > Exhausts, Carburetion & Performance > Gen 2 Exhausts, Fueling & Performance

Old 07-14-2017, 06:50 AM   #61
fermic37

As long as the throttle snatch is gone, that's the biggest gain.

Still going to get it dyno tuned?
fermic37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2017, 08:29 AM   #62
Bikejunky22

I want to but I'm still not sure. It's $325 out the door I'm not sure it will be worth it. I want to know the numbers but Idk if the tuner can really do much more than the maps I can get.
Bikejunky22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2017, 05:52 PM   #63
Dicko
Way more sport than tourer

A good dynotune is worth every penny, almost as much as well set up suspension.
Brembo 16mm Radial MC, ASV short Levers, Brembo GP4-RX calipers, Hell braided lines, R1 Fender, Ohlins FGRT 206 forks, Ohlins shock (tuned - Racebike Services), Marchesini rims, Vortex 48t sprocket, Arrow Headers - Micron GP slipon, tailtidy, Rizoma (risers, conical bars, Lux grips, bar ends, 744 mirrors, fluid reservoir, Rev rearsets/B Pro pegs), Speedo healer, BMC filter, AIS Block off, PCV (tuned - Neville Lush Racing), Pirelli DR III, Ivan's ECU, GF-Design LED Blinkers, DID gold chain
Dicko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2017, 01:46 AM   #64
Jay1Day1

I must've caught Ivan on a good day! Picked up a stock 2010 FZ1 with 6k miles on it last year and felt it had way more potential after a few rides. Although finding the rev limiter in the top gears it was a whole different bike ha. I ordered a two bros slip-on before reading through all these threads, then returned it. Have a PCV in the garage. I couldn't make sense of all the different ways these were getting tuned so I called down to Ivan's shop. Talked for about 20 minutes and he went through his work with the full Yoshi R-77, ecu flash, and sending custom maps, couldn't have been more patient and thorough. I also have block off plates.

Plan is to purchase the Full R-77 CF from Ivan, send him the ECU, graves block off plates, BMC air filter with the air box mod, vortex rear sets. Anyone have issues with the CF pipe? I just read about them cracking easier and fading in the sun. Can just throw a something over it if its sitting. Although I'd prefer a titanium system.
Jay1Day1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   FZ1OA Message Board > FZ1 & Fazer Owners Association > Exhausts, Carburetion & Performance > Gen 2 Exhausts, Fueling & Performance