click here for fz1oa web site home page
register a new account, it's free!
email the fz1oa webmasters
read the fz1oa guidelines
read the fz1oa policy
open pat's fz1 site in a new window
open iowaz fz1 site in a new window
technical tips

Go Back   FZ1OA Message Board > FZ1 & Fazer Owners Association > Exhausts, Carburetion & Performance > Gen 2 Exhausts, Fueling & Performance

Old 04-08-2013, 10:06 PM   #41
JamesFZ1

So I installed my AIS kit I bought today, and after installing this and my juice box pro I noticed a large increase in noise from the front of the engine.

I the kit I bought was
http://www.motoability.com/ProductDe...riven-engine-8

which provided a rubber stopper which I put on the tube on the left hand side of the airbox, are you not supposed to cover that front hole at all?

I did due a bit of map changing and it seemed to help so maybe my problem was just F/A ratios but that front hole is still worrying me
Old 08-21-2014, 03:32 PM   #42
lowercasee
Some dude that rides an FZ1

Just got done installing the Graves block off plates and wanted to say a HUGE thank you to the OP for the how to here. Turned what would have been a 4 hour job into about 90 minutes (including plug change). Can't stress enough how big of game changer the ratcheting wrench and hex tips were. Haven't ridden it yet, but everything is buttoned up and the bike is running as it should. Thanks again!
lowercasee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2017, 08:39 AM   #43
Bikejunky22

To anyone who has done this how do you get the breather filter over the rubber hose from the crankcase for the pcv? You need a plastic adapter to go from the hose to the breather to actually tighten it down right?
Bikejunky22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2017, 11:01 AM   #44
miso00

Very good write up. Did the same with crank case breather. No more oil crap in intake. I just sealed the original AIS plates with loctite silicone instead of buying new.

Last edited by miso00; 06-06-2019 at 02:25 PM.
miso00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2018, 11:57 PM   #45
RED06

great writh up with pictures!
2013 FZ1 Delkevic Carbon fiber shorty slip on, Graves plates ais blocked off and removed and the exup all removed and the servo mod so no code ECU Flashed, Gutted cat, adjustable blue levers, dual usb ports, led's all over, integrated tail light in white, K-N, frame plugs, Blue swing arm spools, Blue oil cap and clutch wire adjuster and blue top for the front master cylinder. Corbin rear with carbon Fiber oval back rest. H4's both sides
RED06 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   FZ1OA Message Board > FZ1 & Fazer Owners Association > Exhausts, Carburetion & Performance > Gen 2 Exhausts, Fueling & Performance