click here for fz1oa web site home page
register a new account, it's free!
email the fz1oa webmasters
read the fz1oa guidelines
read the fz1oa policy
open pat's fz1 site in a new window
open iowaz fz1 site in a new window
technical tips

Go Back   FZ1OA Message Board > FZ1 & Fazer Owners Association > Exhausts, Carburetion & Performance > Gen 2 Exhausts, Fueling & Performance

Old 04-07-2015, 03:38 AM   #341
CrazyBiker
Smooottthhh....

Quote:
Originally Posted by amevl View Post
just did this mod while I was under the tank to do other maintenance,my fuel hose was NOT kinked as I was always careful lifting tank.Went with the 5/16 hose which fits snugly but not difficult to get on,18" length was perfect to coil it under the tank.At least I never have to worry about it now
Mine was also not kinked but I noticed that the bike got smoother after this mod. The factory hose ID is too small.
RACE ECU|CRG Levers|Red RSV4 Bellypan|GBR/Graves/Woodcraft Protection|Evotech FE|Rhinomoto Barend Mirrors|EBC HH Pads|EVAP delete|LED Lights|R&G CF Tank/Tail sliders|Radiator Guard|PB Airflow Screen|Koso Heated Grips
2014 S1000R Premium White
Akra GP|Ohlins Damper|Ermax/Tecbike Bellypan|Bestem CF Fender|V-stream Screen|Wunderlich Seat|Barend Mirrors|360°+R&G LED signals|R&G+Puig Protection|H&B panniers
Past 06 FZ6, 07 FZ1, 06 Daytona, 12 S1000RR
CrazyBiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2015, 06:19 AM   #342
amevl
Certified YAMAHA addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyBiker View Post
Mine was also not kinked but I noticed that the bike got smoother after this mod. The factory hose ID is too small.
Good to hear,didnt ride it yet still doing some maintenance.
Old 04-23-2015, 08:05 PM   #343
RangerG

After much searching I managed to find piece of fuel injection rated hose. The clamps I ended up buying off ebay.
Difficultboy had kindly offered to track down and send me the needed parts but I finally managed to find some hose. Thank you for the offer!
I have a full day of work to add the new parts and accessories I've collected all winter. Soon, very soon!
Old 05-19-2015, 10:28 AM   #344
RangerG

I've been Blind Spotted! I started with 18" of hose but cut it back to about 14" to make it fit nice.

Old 06-27-2016, 08:50 AM   #345
Fm1

I am in the middle of doing this mod.

I accidentally lightly sliced through the blue gasket (it is still intact though). Is this an issue?

Should I apply some yamabond 4 in assembling the new efi hose.

Thanks
Fm1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2016, 09:33 AM   #346
AndyW
Dumbass with a full PM inbox..

The fuel line is under pretty significant pressure, I would be concerned about using a component that was damaged..

Which would you prefer?
AndyW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2016, 09:39 AM   #347
loosenut
Now where did that come from?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fm1 View Post
I am in the middle of doing this mod.

I accidentally lightly sliced through the blue gasket (it is still intact though). Is this an issue?

Should I apply some yamabond 4 in assembling the new efi hose.

Thanks
The blue o-ring (fuel safe) is not really needed. Mine did not want to stay in place when I did the mod, so they are gone. No fire or fuel loss so far.

2007 Yamaha FZ1 SOLD
2005 GasGas EC300 SOLD, 2004 GasGas Pampera 280 (hers)
loosenut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2016, 09:50 AM   #348
Fm1

Quote:
Originally Posted by loosenut View Post
The blue o-ring (fuel safe) is not really needed. Mine did not want to stay in place when I did the mod, so they are gone. No fire or fuel loss so far.
Good to know Mike. Should I just assemble and clamp or lightly apply yamabond 4?

Also, did you use 5/16 efi hose.

Thanks for your help.

Last edited by Fm1; 06-27-2016 at 10:07 AM.
Fm1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2016, 07:41 PM   #349
Tigerman
Intelligence Is Optional

You don't need the blue O-rings with a rubber fuel line. I'm running quarter inch line with no issues. Definitely flows enough fuel based on my Wideband readings.
2009 Black/Granite with Healtech Quickshifter Easy, Traxxion AK-20 Cartridges and .95 springs, Nitron R3 Shock, Convertibars, RSC Adjustable Clutch Lever, MotionPro +2.5" clutch & throttle cables, Vortex Rearsets with Vortex brake light switch, Venhill brake lines, Mivv GP Carbon Slip On, Ivan's ECU Flash, PC V, Air Box Mod, Gutted Cat, 12-O'clock Labs Speedo DRD and EXUP Simulator, Datatool gear Indicator, Motech Mirror Extenders, California Scientific windscreen when cruising.
Tigerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2016, 08:23 AM   #350
Ess473

Thank you!

Thank you for this suggestion. I finally got around to it yesterday. Bike is 10 years old and I wasn't "feeling" any major issues but I've raised and lowered the tank several times. So I figured what's a little preventative maintenance. I used a 12" long piece of 5/16" EFI line from Advanced along with clamps. While inspecting the original line there was a slight kink. Won't be able to ride it until the new cowl comes in next week.
Fuel Line 1.jpg
Fuel Line 2.jpg
Ess473 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2017, 04:34 PM   #351
fermic37

Just finished this. My total for parts was $8 and I still have four clamps left.
fermic37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2017, 08:31 AM   #352
Big_Dave
Gratefully Deadicated

7.00 no kink, easy job. Thanks BS.
Big_Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2017, 09:16 AM   #353
Newtown Chris

BS...virtual hugs...THANKS!!!!

this was posted in the what did you do to your FZ today section...needs to be seen here too....I am still in disbelief...

Last night I spent about 2 hours stripping down bike to do the fuel line mod as well as (properly) wire a new USB dual charging port with a relay. (the old, direct wired was draining my battery)

Fuel mod....holy shit, I have a new bike. And it's way more powerful that my old one. I cannot believe what this did. My fuel line had a definite kink and my engine was chasing a clean idle. It sits at 1,000 rpm now, solid.

I'm the 3rd owner of this bike. When I was wiring the USB ports I noticed all sorts of aftermarket crap on my bike. While I knew it had a power commander, there's also a bunch of other crap wired under my gas tank that read "for race use only". I'm not sure what the hell those are. Furthermore, is it normal for the gold flaps on the intake to be marked as Ivans?

I was also pleased to see that the airbox mod was also done...less work for me!

Finally, I was out with a few friends, and for the hell of it I asked them what their speedos were reading. I've been sorta bummed that I only get around 100-110 miles before the reserve and "F Trip" kick in. Here's what I found out:

They both had indicated speeds of 65 and 66 when I was showing 55. I just replaced my rear tire and noted I am running a 45T in the rear. Unless I'm missing something, one of the prior owners must've dropped a tooth in the front, thus throwing off my indicated speed as well as my odometer. (so there's around 20% more mileage on my bike than indicated...not a big deal) On the flip side, I'm getting better gas mileage than I thought since my mileage is off by 20%. Woot for that I guess.

Anyone that hasn't done the fuel line mod, please do. It's easy as hell and I cannot believe how much more power I have. It's way quicker off the line and the mid and upper RPM is just stupid. Meanwhile, my kink wasn't even that bad.

I'm going to find the fuel line thread to give props to the person who posted it...
Newtown Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2018, 10:01 PM   #354
jointbeaker

Did this tonight. 5/8" ID from local NAPA. Cheers.
jointbeaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2018, 09:28 PM   #355
RiderJC

Add another to the list. Second FZ1. Was hard to start. Not anymore. Thanks "again" BS!
RiderJC is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   FZ1OA Message Board > FZ1 & Fazer Owners Association > Exhausts, Carburetion & Performance > Gen 2 Exhausts, Fueling & Performance