click here for fz1oa web site home page
register a new account, it's free!
email the fz1oa webmasters
read the fz1oa guidelines
read the fz1oa policy
open pat's fz1 site in a new window
open iowaz fz1 site in a new window
technical tips

Go Back   FZ1OA Message Board > FZ1 & Fazer Owners Association > Exhausts, Carburetion & Performance > Gen 2 Exhausts, Fueling & Performance

Old 02-24-2013, 11:19 AM   #21
upinsmoke
What ya gonna do about it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivan View Post
If it runs good with the map that you are using now, it still will..... I'll test no flies anyway to be sure.

Ivan
That would be appreciated also. If a customer wanted, could you flash the E map into the ECU? I do see the point of keeping the PC though, because I do have changes to the low end for no flies.

2014 Triumph STR
upinsmoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 12:05 PM   #22
Cougar
Nerd Herder

Quote:
If it runs good with the map that you are using now, it still will..... I'll test no flies anyway to be sure.

Ivan
I'll be curious to see the difference between your flies and no flies. As you know I prefer the beast of no flies compared with the more refined feel with your flies.
'06, Ivan's ECU Flash, PCIII, Scorpion Can, Airbox Mod, Wire Re-route, 16T, Speedohealer, Ivan's AIS Kit, Cat Skinned, Flies Swatted, EXUP Gone, Lower Fairings, EvoTech Fender Eliminator, Givi V35's and Top Box, SW-Motech Racks, FZ-6 Footpeg Rubber, Blind Spot's Fuel Line, Fren Tubo Brake Lines & Pazzo Levers, Luke's Seat Latch Mod, R1 Shock & Satan's Adapter, Duken4evr Fork Oil, R6 Throttle, CD Screen

Cougar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 12:12 PM   #23
Cougar
Nerd Herder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Googan View Post

You actually spend the time tuning and testing your products, provide us with
dyno sheets and support here and on the phone. My issue with the other ECU tuners has always been that you get one generic flash and they send you on your way. No real explanation of what exactly has been done. No when, where and why things have been changed. From the user reports here it seems more then half the guys with a flash have not been satisfied.
When it comes to the FZ1, I doubt anyone has spent more time developing, dynoing ,testing and tuning than you.
This is exactly why I haven't been interested in having this done. But as soon as I saw that Ivan was going to do it I was downright excited! Bummer that I have an IM that I haven't yet installed...
'06, Ivan's ECU Flash, PCIII, Scorpion Can, Airbox Mod, Wire Re-route, 16T, Speedohealer, Ivan's AIS Kit, Cat Skinned, Flies Swatted, EXUP Gone, Lower Fairings, EvoTech Fender Eliminator, Givi V35's and Top Box, SW-Motech Racks, FZ-6 Footpeg Rubber, Blind Spot's Fuel Line, Fren Tubo Brake Lines & Pazzo Levers, Luke's Seat Latch Mod, R1 Shock & Satan's Adapter, Duken4evr Fork Oil, R6 Throttle, CD Screen

Old 02-24-2013, 12:16 PM   #24
Blue Flash
Recovering Nuke

I could be interested in how this comes out as well. The issue here is keeping peace with a non-rider bride... but it sounds like I have tenative approval for a PC5... once through that hurdle... it sounds like the ECU mod would be excellent.

So, if i understand correctly, we send you our ECU and you reflash it, correct? I have a 2012, and the "snatch" doesn't seem to be the big deal to me... but the power limitation in lower gears... That needs to go!
- IBA # 39318
Blue Flash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 12:22 PM   #25
RedFlash

Yes indeed!!
RedFlash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 12:36 PM   #26
loosenut
Now where did that come from?

Yes please.

2007 Yamaha FZ1 SOLD
2005 GasGas EC300 SOLD, 2004 GasGas Pampera 280 (hers)
loosenut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 12:45 PM   #27
Cougar
Nerd Herder

Ivan,

I'd like to be the first to have it done!

Old 02-24-2013, 12:46 PM   #28
FZ1wak
08 FZ1-N

@Ivan
Can I do in the UK ?
Old 02-24-2013, 12:55 PM   #29
troyw
Krankor Will Rule!

Yeah, Ivan, it sure does run verrrry well. I've not messed much with it in a long time. I've since got a 15 tooth sprocket and a speedo DRD. Mileage is likely accurate now at about 32-35 mpg. So, definitely 'ok' gas mileage, and excellent performance overall. I imagine with ignition timing tweaks, limiters, etc. all gone, and with a 15 tooth sprocket, it might be even more fun...and efficient...than now.

Quote:

Ivan
Old 02-24-2013, 01:02 PM   #30
Jd101506

I'm in. I'd be curious as to what is needed before an ecu flash can be done. If I'd need a PC or not would be a good question. I'm so used to my saab tuning, I sorta wondered if these bikes had a brain like the cars do... I figured it was a sort of dumb brain and therefore didn't offer much potential. If I'm wrong, ill be first in line.
Jd101506 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 01:30 PM   #31
johnnyontherocks

Simply yes I in.
09 Granite Grey, Full Yoshi R77,BMC, Airbox Mod,Ivans Flies, Ivans AIS block offs, PCIII with Dukens perfection map, Penske 8983, HyperPro steering damper, 05 R1 forks and brakes, Galfer braided lines, Melotti FE, Rizoma rearsets, Magical Racing screen, PRS frame, Evotech Fork & Swingarm Sliders, Rad Amor, Sargent seat and Magical Racing Rad covers. BT-016's
johnnyontherocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 01:37 PM   #32
Dreamdemon

Sounds very interesting but depends on the price. For about 250$ it would be well worth it. I mean you still need the PCV.
In case you would not need the PCV or you would be able to remove this stupid enrichment at low temps, one could think about more money.
Dreamdemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 02:19 PM   #33
Ivan
Performance Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by FZ1wak View Post
@Ivan
Can I do in the UK ?
I'll look into this and get back to you.

As far as the flies go.... there won't be much difference between having flies and having no flies except at the very low rpms.... Remember it's the shaft's position that gives the extra fuel and timing advance.

With the flies having the programming that I want them to have, fuel and timing are added much earlier... throttle sensitivity will be like they aren't there anymore except when you pin it from the bottom rpms.

Ivan
Old 02-24-2013, 02:24 PM   #34
Ivan
Performance Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cougar View Post
Ivan,

I'd like to be the first to have it done!

I'm first.....
Old 02-24-2013, 02:36 PM   #35
Ivan
Performance Master

Putting a PC3/5 map in doesn't translate exactly.... I guess it could be done... but would it be right for everyone and all tuners and the equipment that they use?

Again, The PC allows changes easily....

I don't want to try to adjust it based on someone elses work.... This just asking for downtime and shipping costs.... look at what has happened with the other companies that include fuel changes.... I don't want to do it this way because I want everyone to be happy.

On a bone stock bike, the PC won't be necessary.... same with adding a slip-on. (just like it is now)

It won't be perfect, but still run pretty good.

Intake changes (A/B mod w/air filter & flies, CAT removal) are the biggest causes to remap....

Ivan
Old 02-24-2013, 03:37 PM   #36
Walduc

I'm in.
Old 02-24-2013, 04:22 PM   #37
barryc

I hope I can remember how to take the fce out, I soldered all the connections and its been working like a dream ever since. As you know I have all your products, I'm in, just say when....
Old 02-24-2013, 06:41 PM   #38
Stella Blue
Yucksamush

I'm probably in, but really would like to know about cost. Sounds like a great mod for Stella Blue (basically stock except for Mivv).
Stella Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 08:21 PM   #39
duts87ss
I ride slow.

I'm interested. I think you should look into doing a full flash that serves the same purpose as your E-map. It would just make the bike that much better; would even allow for going leaner in areas of low load for better mileage when cruising.

I really wish there were as many people hacking bike ECUs as there are hacking car ECUs. Then we'd be able to log and make our own map changes.
'07 Raven - |'N Conversion|BMC|AB Mod|Graves Stacks|Ivan's Flies|Harness relocated|PCIII&Ivan's ECU Flash|Full Yosh TRC|AIS removed|Graves servo Eliminator|'04 R1 Forks w/ Traxxion AK-20|Penske 8983|Spiegler Brake Lines|Gilles Rearsets|16/46 520 Conversion|MotionPro Revolver Throttle|Brembo RCS 19 Braker Master Cyl|
duts87ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 08:24 PM   #40
jparrie

I have wanted to do this for years, but have yet to find anyone providing acceptable results. Once you have the kinks worked out, I'm anxious to proceed!
jparrie is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   FZ1OA Message Board > FZ1 & Fazer Owners Association > Exhausts, Carburetion & Performance > Gen 2 Exhausts, Fueling & Performance