click here for fz1oa web site home page
register a new account, it's free!
email the fz1oa webmasters
read the fz1oa guidelines
read the fz1oa policy
open pat's fz1 site in a new window
open iowaz fz1 site in a new window
technical tips

Go Back   FZ1OA Message Board > FZ1 & Fazer Owners Association > Exhausts, Carburetion & Performance > Gen 2 Exhausts, Fueling & Performance

Old 03-14-2013, 01:27 PM   #161
2stangs6991

hey you guys back off I am first...lol
2stangs6991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 03:56 PM   #162
smeezo

Wow pretty excited about this, sounds like i'm gonna need a yosh header and reflash!
smeezo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 09:19 AM   #163
Registered Idiot

Wow, the last time I was here "smoothed" PC3 maps were all the rage. Nice progression. Good work Ivan. Timing is perfect, this was going to be the year I purchased an IM. Put me down for an 06 ECM flash!
Old 03-15-2013, 10:24 AM   #164
Blue Flash
Recovering Nuke

I've been waffling on spending the coin for any mods... but I have approval for the PCV now... and this is looking good as well.

I presume that my first mod should be the PCV and the ECU Flash. Seems like a good combo...

Just waiting for Ivan's blessing on one for the 2012...
- IBA # 39318
Blue Flash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 11:53 AM   #165
AndyW
Dumbass with a full PM inbox..

Ivan can build the mapping in to the ECU, although it's not going to be 'adjustable' after the fact like a PC.
..a

Which would you prefer?
AndyW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 07:41 AM   #166
Cougar
Nerd Herder

Ivan,

Are you going to test with 91 octane fuel and more timing to see if we can get more power? I don't care if I have to use premium if it results in more hp.

Also, could you adjust the speedometer to read accurately with a 16T front sprocket? I'll pay extra for that for sure.

On second thought, if the increased timing results in enough of a change in the first 3 gears, I'll just put the 17 tooth sprocket back on and get better mileage.

Thanks.

Jim
'06, Ivan's ECU Flash, PCIII, Scorpion Can, Airbox Mod, Wire Re-route, 16T, Speedohealer, Ivan's AIS Kit, Cat Skinned, Flies Swatted, EXUP Gone, Lower Fairings, EvoTech Fender Eliminator, Givi V35's and Top Box, SW-Motech Racks, FZ-6 Footpeg Rubber, Blind Spot's Fuel Line, Fren Tubo Brake Lines & Pazzo Levers, Luke's Seat Latch Mod, R1 Shock & Satan's Adapter, Duken4evr Fork Oil, R6 Throttle, CD Screen

Last edited by Cougar; 03-17-2013 at 02:57 PM.
Cougar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 07:58 AM   #167
Blue Flash
Recovering Nuke

EflyGuy: I think Ivan said that he was not going to mess with the fueling, so that the PCV would still be needed to adjust fueling... so with the "First" mod (actually being two), I'm thinking the PCV and ECU Flash.

The Flash should take care of things like the FCU, power limiter, etc., and the PCV will take care of adjusting fueling so I can move forward with other mods... and probably some adjustments just to match up with the differences the ECU flash makes... I should be ordering the PCV soon... But I am thinking that these two mods are the best way to start...

Cougar: I would really rather not pay 20 to 30 cents a gallon more for the minmal difference that a lower octane would produce... that adds up to a lot of coin over time. I can use that $$ to get more bang for the buck elsewhere...
- IBA # 39318
Blue Flash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 08:01 AM   #168
Cougar
Nerd Herder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Flash View Post
EflyGuy: I think Ivan said that he was not going to mess with the fueling, so that the PCV would still be needed to adjust fueling... so with the "First" mod (actually being two), I'm thinking the PCV and ECU Flash.

The Flash should take care of things like the FCU, power limiter, etc., and the PCV will take care of adjusting fueling so I can move forward with other mods... and probably some adjustments just to match up with the differences the ECU flash makes... I should be ordering the PCV soon... But I am thinking that these two mods are the best way to start...

Cougar: I would really rather not pay 20 to 30 cents a gallon more for the minmal difference that a lower octane would produce... that adds up to a lot of coin over time. I can use that $$ to get more bang for the buck elsewhere...
I can understand your point and it seems as though it would be easy to flash for either regular or premium once Ivan figures it all out. I only ride my bike for fun, so it wouldn't make any difference to me. The more torque the better, I say.
'06, Ivan's ECU Flash, PCIII, Scorpion Can, Airbox Mod, Wire Re-route, 16T, Speedohealer, Ivan's AIS Kit, Cat Skinned, Flies Swatted, EXUP Gone, Lower Fairings, EvoTech Fender Eliminator, Givi V35's and Top Box, SW-Motech Racks, FZ-6 Footpeg Rubber, Blind Spot's Fuel Line, Fren Tubo Brake Lines & Pazzo Levers, Luke's Seat Latch Mod, R1 Shock & Satan's Adapter, Duken4evr Fork Oil, R6 Throttle, CD Screen

Old 03-17-2013, 08:53 AM   #169
loosenut
Now where did that come from?

You might need more compression with this engine to get more torque.

I have no motorcycles.

2004 GasGas Pampera 280 (hers)[/color]
loosenut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 09:08 AM   #170
Super Googan

Quote:
Originally Posted by loosenut View Post

I've noticed increased torque at part throttle with the ignition module.
May not be peak torque but it has made the bike MUCH more enjoyable to ride.
Running the same map with and without Additional timing is VERY noticeable.

The flies opening rate and ignition timing are what's restricting power in 1st-3rd gear.
Super Googan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 09:22 AM   #171
Cougar
Nerd Herder

Quote:
Originally Posted by loosenut View Post
I was wondering about that too, but it wouldn't hurt to test it.

Old 03-19-2013, 01:26 PM   #172
uspspro

Ivan,

Will the ECU still have closed-loop fueling enabled under cruising conditions?

I want to have the best fuel economy possible during road trips and commuting, but have it rip when I get on it.
uspspro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 02:32 PM   #173
sparky80

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivan View Post
03-13-2013, 05:53 AM
I'm doing some more testing today... so there will be more charts later this week.
(not exhaust tests)

Ivan
So..... any word on updates?

That at the name of Jesus every knee will bow and every tongue confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father. Phil. 2:10-11

I don't like texas... missing California!
sparky80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 05:36 PM   #174
Ivan
Performance Master

Still working on it.....

Ivan
Old 03-22-2013, 07:41 PM   #175
Super Googan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivan View Post
Still working on it.....

Ivan

I'm picturing a mad scientist with bloodshot eyes and cups of coffee all over the shop
Super Googan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 06:36 AM   #176
makoskey

Ivan..you need a 2010 ECU to test let me know. I can send you mine for awhile.

Just IM me and let me know. We can work out the details from there
makoskey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 07:54 AM   #177
WDD

Ivan hard at work......
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Scientist.jpg (16.2 KB, 595 views)
Old 03-23-2013, 11:48 AM   #178
upinsmoke
What ya gonna do about it

Quote:
Originally Posted by YamRZ350 View Post
So nothing new to add then? Just the same shit you've been going back and forth with Ivan about for years? (I've searched and read some of those older threads.)

Why do you feel you need to come into this thread now, if you've got nothing new to add?

I'll ask again. Why does modifying the ECU change what most people have been doing for years?
You'll get nowhere, dude has his own thread but that is not good enough for him. He feels the need to clutter up any thread that even mentions tuning and likes to circle talk. Hopefully a mod will put all of Ivan's posts on page 1.

2014 Triumph STR
upinsmoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 06:18 PM   #179
barryc

Amen !
Old 03-24-2013, 07:39 AM   #180
duts87ss
I ride slow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by YamRZ350 View Post
I'll ask again. Why does modifying the ECU change what most people have been doing for years?
Because tuning the ECU will be much more precise if the time is spent to make it so. The ECU doesn't have just one fuel table; which is basically what you have to assume when using a piggy-back to control injector pulse width. With cars and trucks, everyone tunes using the ECM/PCM; why should the motorcycle world sell itself short just because what you currently have is "good enough".

If time is spent correctly, you can have your cake and eat it to by tuning the ECU. Fuel mileage on the highway by leaning out the cruise areas of the fuel tables and all the performance you would have otherwise everywhere else on the table.

I understand that you can remove fuel in a PC III/V in the cruise areas (I've done it), but it will be much more seamless if done using the tables that Yamaha has provided.

I appreciate what Ivan has done so far for these bikes. I'm currently running many parts I bought from him with his E map. But, I would much prefer to have it tuned the way the Yamaha intended.
'07 Raven - |'N Conversion|BMC|AB Mod|Graves Stacks|Ivan's Flies|Harness relocated|PCIII&Ivan's ECU Flash|Full Yosh TRC|AIS removed|Graves servo Eliminator|'04 R1 Forks w/ Traxxion AK-20|Penske 8983|Spiegler Brake Lines|Gilles Rearsets|16/46 520 Conversion|MotionPro Revolver Throttle|Brembo RCS 19 Braker Master Cyl|
duts87ss is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   FZ1OA Message Board > FZ1 & Fazer Owners Association > Exhausts, Carburetion & Performance > Gen 2 Exhausts, Fueling & Performance