register a new account, it's free!
fz1oa store
email the fz1oa webmasters
read the fz1oa guidelines
read the fz1oa policy
open pat's fz1 site in a new window
open iowaz fz1 site in a new window
technical tips

Go Back   FZ1OA Message Board > FZ1 & Fazer Owners Association > Exhausts, Carburetion & Performance > Gen 2 Exhausts, Fueling & Performance

Old 07-09-2017, 12:28 PM   #21
dschult2

What are you looking to accomplish? Is your bike running rough? If it's running fine and all your looking to do is get rid of your fuel cut and restrictions I would just check with Vcyclenut and see if he still offers his basic flash, get that and call it good.
dschult2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2017, 02:50 PM   #22
Bikejunky22

Honestly id like to have the bike dyno tuned so I can insure the bike has a tune specific for itself. Which leads me towards vcyclenut side because he gets rid of basically the same stuff ivan does but I don't get ivans map but since it will be dyno' d I don't need his map
Bikejunky22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2017, 04:40 PM   #23
Dicko
Way more sport than tourer

It looks like you have figured out a good route to go.

I personally think an ECU flash with a bike specific dynotune is the way to go. I have Ivan's flash with a local to me tune. Vcyclenut wasn't as prominent for the flash back when I had mine done so I didn't know about him then. Either way you go will be an improvement over what you have.
Brembo 16mm Radial MC, ASV short Levers, Brembo GP4-RX calipers, Hell braided lines, R1 Fender, Ohlins FGRT 206 forks, Ohlins shock (tuned - Racebike Services), Marchesini rims, Vortex 48t sprocket, Arrow Headers - Micron GP slipon, tailtidy, Rizoma (risers, conical bars, Lux grips, bar ends, 744 mirrors, fluid reservoir, Rev rearsets/B Pro pegs), Speedo healer, BMC filter, AIS Block off, PCV (tuned - Neville Lush Racing), Pirelli DR III, Ivan's ECU, GF-Design LED Blinkers, DID gold chain
Dicko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2017, 05:22 PM   #24
Bikejunky22

It really comes down to this:
Vcycle but plus custom dyno tune- $525 (200 for v and 325 for dyno then also shipping costs)
Ivan is 350 and no dyno needed is claimed plus add shipping.
Pros for vcycle is specific dyno tune for bike plus actual numbers ;) for ivan it's cheaper but not necessarily specific to my bike but our bikes in general.
Is it reasonable to assume I'd get the same power numbers in the end?
Old 07-09-2017, 07:28 PM   #25
Bikejunky22

Anyone?
Old 07-09-2017, 07:54 PM   #26
ZX-Dominance

if you're getting it tuned on a dyno, get vcyclenut- no need to pay for ivan's map if you'll be getting a custom one done anyways.

The rest of the rideability changes in the ecu flash are the same or not discernably different.

WHOOPS****

Just ask David (vcyclenut) for the flash without the fuel map. He has (and likely still does) this for $80. The extra $$ is for the fuel map changes. He did this for my ECU as i have Ign mod and PC3 for tuning - this is how you get the best bang for your buck.

Feel free to PM me, have used David for several of my own and friends' bikes, and have nothing but good things to say.

PSS- im not sure about the across the board ignition timing changes in the vc flash- I requested he do all changes besides the blanket ign and fuel tuning which I do through the PC
RIP "Envy" - 11/14/15. Envy 2 - '08 Graphite : Full Fairing * AK20s * Elka Elite* Yosh R77 * Flashed * LARS * BMC * Vortex 49T * R6 Thrttle * GPR V4 * PCV+Ign+Autotune * TechSpecs * Carbon all over * CL XBK5 * DblBubble * Full Givi/Kappas * ASV C5 * Nautilus 140dB * HIDs 6k * Corbin CF x 2 * Thrttlemstr Cruise * Garmin Nuvi * Gold Rad Guard* Block Offs * Spdhlr * 780 grips * Givi Slim Fender * Clear Alt TL
ZX-Dominance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2017, 09:06 PM   #27
Bikejunky22

Thank you for the reply. At this point in at these options. Vcyclenut plus dyno or ivans flash and map and no dyno. If I can get vcycle to do his flash for 80 and leave out the fuel changes that I'll make during the dyno then that's a no brainer
Old 07-10-2017, 01:40 AM   #28
LDH

Only $200 vcyclenut flash now due to needed license. If I had a fuel tuner I would leave the fuel changes out and play with the available maps.
LDH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2017, 04:41 AM   #29
Bikejunky22

Messaged Dave on FB verified that it is indeed 200 as he has to buy a license for every ecu he flashes. God this is tough. If I do ivans I won't be dynoing for a while. Maybe fall it will hit the dyno. But for vcycle I want it dyno d right away as Idk what map I'm running on now
Old 07-10-2017, 06:23 AM   #30
Duken4evr
Map Maven

If you go with Ivan, then you probably won't feel the need to get the dyno tune. Ivan's map is really good, and so is his flash. If you did not have the PC, I would look at VCyclenut, as he loads a map in the ECU. I have some maps on my signature line that you could potentially use.

That said, I run Ivans mapping in my bike - have pretty much tried them all and Ivans map is the smoothest engine vibration and power wise. It just feels great.

Wise man said - "Don't go bagger too soon".

Get your FI maps right here:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/nr...1_Map_Pack.zip

Akra full exhaust mindless stationary rev out Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w5UNYBqHd7M
Duken4evr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2017, 06:42 AM   #31
Bikejunky22

That's really where I'm at. If I go ivan I won't dyno and if I do it will be to see the numbers and that won't be any time soon. But if I go vcyclenut I will dyno and get a custom tune as Dave doesn't change anything on the fueling side for me since I have a pc. Daves route for me is about $200 more expensive with the dyno.
Old 07-10-2017, 08:27 AM   #32
Bikejunky22

Also just noticed I don't have secondary flies either. They have been removed
Old 07-10-2017, 09:57 AM   #33
Bikejunky22

Ecu is in the mail and it's headed to vcycle. Reason I went with him, he was so quick to answer every question I had. Always responding and polite. I called ivan and said I had a few questions for him and he said everything was listed in his site that he could do. He seemed a very rude guy when I called. But I could look past that. Dave isn't doing any fueling but is sending me a custom map included in the original price. He's tweaking everything for $200 instead of ivans 350. Once I get the ecu back the bike will be in a dyno for a custom map from a tuner.
Old 07-10-2017, 11:52 AM   #34
fermic37

95% of the reason I used him also. I had similar experiences when choosing.
fermic37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2017, 01:50 PM   #35
Bikejunky22

We will see what happens. I'm confident it will be as good or better than ivans do to the custom tune I'll get after the flash
Old 07-10-2017, 02:30 PM   #36
OldBiker

I had the same experience with Ivan which is why I went with Vcyclenut, Dave answered everything in a nice friendly manner and made a few suggestions I didn't know could be done.
OldBiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2017, 02:43 PM   #37
ballmead
I like em Naked

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duken4evr View Post
If you go with Ivan, then you probably won't feel the need to get the dyno tune. Ivan's map is really good, and so is his flash. If you did not have the PC, I would look at VCyclenut, as he loads a map in the ECU. I have some maps on my signature line that you could potentially use.

That said, I run Ivans mapping in my bike - have pretty much tried them all and Ivans map is the smoothest engine vibration and power wise. It just feels great.
This!

I have tried so many maps and even had maps custom made for my ride and I also find Ivan's map the smoothest and very powerful. He has put a lot of work into tuning the FZ1 and it shows every time I take my bike for a ride.
2010 FZ1N - Mivv Speed Edge with Arrow headers - Ivan's ECU flash - PCV - Modded Airbox with DNA air filter - 49T rear sprocket - 2008 R1 Forks and brakes - Penske 8983 rear shock - LighTech rear sets
ballmead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2017, 07:31 AM   #38
Big_Dave
Gratefully Deadicated

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldBiker View Post
I had the same experience with Ivan which is why I went with Vcyclenut, Dave answered everything in a nice friendly manner and made a few suggestions I didn't know could be done.
Same
Big_Dave is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2017, 06:24 AM   #39
Duken4evr
Map Maven

It would greatly benefit Ivan's marketing efforts to have a friendly hot moto girl answering his phone for him.

All kidding aside and while he may not always be Mr. Personality, I do respect Ivan's products and the detail/effort he put into them.

Wise man said - "Don't go bagger too soon".

Get your FI maps right here:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/nr...1_Map_Pack.zip

Akra full exhaust mindless stationary rev out Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w5UNYBqHd7M
Duken4evr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2017, 06:30 AM   #40
Bikejunky22

I by far respect what he has done. He put so much time into his work and has developed the fz1 performance. It's just when I spoke with him I didn't care for the way he talked to me and after speaking with Dave he convinced me that for $150 less he can make me just as happy.

Go Back   FZ1OA Message Board > FZ1 & Fazer Owners Association > Exhausts, Carburetion & Performance > Gen 2 Exhausts, Fueling & Performance