click here for fz1oa web site home page
register a new account, it's free!
email the fz1oa webmasters
read the fz1oa guidelines
read the fz1oa policy
open pat's fz1 site in a new window
open iowaz fz1 site in a new window
technical tips

Go Back   FZ1OA Message Board > FZ1 & Fazer Owners Association > Exhausts, Carburetion & Performance > Gen 2 Exhausts, Fueling & Performance

Old 07-13-2017, 11:23 AM   #41
Desmo
Hello ladies...

Quote:
He seemed a very rude guy when I called
Waaaaaat?? Ivan's people skills are lacking?

Old 07-13-2017, 11:56 AM   #42
giddyup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bikejunky22 View Post
I by far respect what he has done. He put so much time into his work and has developed the fz1 performance. It's just when I spoke with him I didn't care for the way he talked to me and after speaking with Dave he convinced me that for $150 less he can make me just as happy.
Salesmanship goes a long way imo.
giddyup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2017, 12:03 PM   #43
Bikejunky22

Ecu is back and in. Power commander is flashed with Dave's stage 3 software. If only it would stop pouring... out of curiosity guys stage 3 is defined as having a slip on, air filter, air box mod, cut or no flies. Stage 4 is the same but with a full exhaust. I have a coffmans shorty slip on which is basically a straight piece of pipe. I'm wondering since I have that pipe would I be better off running a map for a bike with a full? I can't imagine a full exhaust flowing more than this open thing
Bikejunky22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2017, 12:37 PM   #44
Duken4evr
Map Maven

It would not hurt to try a few maps and see if something works better for you. I look for smoothness (engine vibration) and of course power/response. Your bike will tell you if it is not terribly happy by vibrating more, especially around 5,000 rpm.

My fav from the map pack is the JohnDaddy82 map in the Stage 3 folder. The Whittlebeast smoothed maps are interesting too. The idea with those was to average tuner maps into kind of a composite.

To be honest, I have not done anything with the map folder in a long time, but they are out there under my signature line - give them a whirl!

Wise man said - "Don't go bagger too soon".

Get your FI maps right here:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/nr...1_Map_Pack.zip

Akra full exhaust mindless stationary rev out Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w5UNYBqHd7M
Duken4evr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2017, 12:59 PM   #45
dschult2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duken4evr View Post
It would not hurt to try a few maps and see if something works better for you. I look for smoothness (engine vibration) and of course power/response. Your bike will tell you if it is not terribly happy by vibrating more, especially around 5,000 rpm.

My fav from the map pack is the JohnDaddy82 map in the Stage 3 folder. The Whittlebeast smoothed maps are interesting too. The idea with those was to average tuner maps into kind of a composite.

To be honest, I have not done anything with the map folder in a long time, but they are out there under my signature line - give them a whirl!
Not to thread jack but I always wondered can you load a PC3 map on a PCV?
dschult2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2017, 01:35 PM   #46
Bikejunky22

At this point I have vcyclenuts stage 3 map, johndaddy, dek. I can't seem to get the whittlebeast ones to download though.
Old 07-13-2017, 02:02 PM   #47
ZX-Dominance

Quote:
I by far respect what he has done. He put so much time into his work and has developed the fz1 performance. It's just when I spoke with him I didn't care for the way he talked to me and after speaking with Dave he convinced me that for $150 less he can make me just as happy.
Exactly my experience.

One phone call to Ivan and I was convinced to look elsewhere.

Dave is a customer-centric businessman who has never failed to answer any question in a prompt and courteous manner.

That's it.
RIP "Envy" - 11/14/15. Envy 2 - '08 Graphite : Full Fairing * AK20s * Elka Elite* Yosh R77 * Flashed * LARS * BMC * Vortex 49T * R6 Thrttle * GPR V4 * PCV+Ign+Autotune * TechSpecs * Carbon all over * CL XBK5 * DblBubble * Full Givi/Kappas * ASV C5 * Nautilus 140dB * HIDs 6k * Corbin CF x 2 * Thrttlemstr Cruise * Garmin Nuvi * Gold Rad Guard* Block Offs * Spdhlr * 780 grips * Givi Slim Fender * Clear Alt TL
ZX-Dominance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2017, 02:04 PM   #48
ZX-Dominance

Quote:
At this point I have vcyclenuts stage 3 map, johndaddy, dek. I can't seem to get the whittlebeast ones to download though.
PM'n you with some map support
RIP "Envy" - 11/14/15. Envy 2 - '08 Graphite : Full Fairing * AK20s * Elka Elite* Yosh R77 * Flashed * LARS * BMC * Vortex 49T * R6 Thrttle * GPR V4 * PCV+Ign+Autotune * TechSpecs * Carbon all over * CL XBK5 * DblBubble * Full Givi/Kappas * ASV C5 * Nautilus 140dB * HIDs 6k * Corbin CF x 2 * Thrttlemstr Cruise * Garmin Nuvi * Gold Rad Guard* Block Offs * Spdhlr * 780 grips * Givi Slim Fender * Clear Alt TL
Old 07-13-2017, 02:04 PM   #49
ZX-Dominance

Quote:
Originally Posted by dschult2 View Post
Yes- just copy and paste like excel. I believe PCV may have 15% throttle lcolumn, so that should be taken out.
Old 07-13-2017, 02:09 PM   #50
Duken4evr
Map Maven

Quote:
I found the easiest way to convert a PC3 map to PC5 is to have a dual screen setup, with the PC3 software running on one side and the PC5 software running on the other. Then just select the entire column, copy and paste. The maps are basically just simple spreadsheets.

PC5 has the extra 15% column, for that I just average the 10% and 20% columns and stick the number in there

Wise man said - "Don't go bagger too soon".

Get your FI maps right here:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/nr...1_Map_Pack.zip

Akra full exhaust mindless stationary rev out Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w5UNYBqHd7M
Duken4evr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2017, 06:32 PM   #51
Bikejunky22

Road around with vcyclenuts stage 3 map I felt it was lacking. It didn't feel the bike pulled as hard as it did before I even sent the ecu out. I loaded up the perfection stage 4 map from dukens files and the bike felt much better. Could have been placebo Idk. But that's my thoughts at this time
Old 07-13-2017, 07:49 PM   #52
Cougar
Nerd Herder

Quote:
Road around with vcyclenuts stage 3 map I felt it was lacking. It didn't feel the bike pulled as hard as it did before I even sent the ecu out. I loaded up the perfection stage 4 map from dukens files and the bike felt much better. Could have been placebo Idk. But that's my thoughts at this time
Sometimes you get what you pay for...
'06, Ivan's ECU Flash, PCIII, Scorpion Can, Airbox Mod, Wire Re-route, 16T, Speedohealer, Ivan's AIS Kit, Cat Skinned, Flies Swatted, EXUP Gone, Lower Fairings, EvoTech Fender Eliminator, Givi V35's and Top Box, SW-Motech Racks, FZ-6 Footpeg Rubber, Blind Spot's Fuel Line, Fren Tubo Brake Lines & Pazzo Levers, Luke's Seat Latch Mod, R1 Shock & Satan's Adapter, Duken4evr Fork Oil, R6 Throttle, CD Screen

Cougar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2017, 08:16 PM   #53
YamahaMan444
Young Explorer

You should get rid off that worthless Coffman. Guarantee you get more low end torque and will probably gain power all across the board with a real pipe.
Old 07-13-2017, 08:28 PM   #54
Bikejunky22

Quote:
Originally Posted by YamahaMan444 View Post
You should get rid off that worthless Coffman. Guarantee you get more low end torque and will probably gain power all across the board with a real pipe.
Believe me if the money was available I would. But unfortunately not an option right now.
Old 07-13-2017, 08:51 PM   #55
YamahaMan444
Young Explorer

Quote:
Believe me if the money was available I would. But unfortunately not an option right now.
I understand that
Old 07-13-2017, 09:16 PM   #56
dschult2

What type of gearing are you running? Going down one in the front and up a couple in the rear can really help as will running an R6 throttle tube. And I hope you don't take this the wrong way but judging from your other thread on leaning the bike you should work more on becoming comfortable with your bike rather than squeezing every last bit of HP out of it.
dschult2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2017, 09:22 PM   #57
Bikejunky22

Currently 16t front and stock 45 rear. And I like toying and building things. This is basically my project I can't not mess with it lol. I respect your response though. I'm trusting myself to not get in over my head. Just have to have self control
Old 07-13-2017, 09:43 PM   #58
YamahaMan444
Young Explorer

Quote:
What type of gearing are you running? Going down one in the front and up a couple in the rear can really help as will running an R6 throttle tube. And I hope you don't take this the wrong way but judging from your other thread on leaning the bike you should work more on becoming comfortable with your bike rather than squeezing every last bit of HP out of it.
Good point. Suspension is always better than power mods. Need proper suspension and brakes to handle the stock power already.
Old 07-14-2017, 06:21 AM   #59
fermic37

How do you know the ECU wasn't already flashed by the PO? which would explain the lack of impressiveness felt by you.

But the changes are a little subtle, its not like you bolted on a turbo.
fermic37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2017, 06:44 AM   #60
Bikejunky22

Quote:
Originally Posted by fermic37 View Post
How do you know the ECU wasn't already flashed by the PO? which would explain the lack of impressiveness felt by you.

But the changes are a little subtle, its not like you bolted on a turbo.
I don't know for sure but it didn't have any stamping on the ecu and Dave signs his and i believe I read ivan puts stickers on his also I did notice a difference in the fuel cut after the flash but other than that not much else. My secondary flies were gone to begin with so I didn't get to take advantage of them opening sooner. All I can say is there was fuel cut before and is gone or pretty close to gone now. But I changed the map on the power commander and swear it got way better. I'm going to run the map dave sent me again and awitch to this one today if the weather holds and see if it is real or not

Go Back   FZ1OA Message Board > FZ1 & Fazer Owners Association > Exhausts, Carburetion & Performance > Gen 2 Exhausts, Fueling & Performance