click here for fz1oa web site home page
register a new account, it's free!
email the fz1oa webmasters
read the fz1oa guidelines
read the fz1oa policy
open pat's fz1 site in a new window
open iowaz fz1 site in a new window
technical tips

Go Back   FZ1OA Message Board > FZ1 & Fazer Owners Association > Exhausts, Carburetion & Performance > Gen 2 Exhausts, Fueling & Performance

Old 10-07-2017, 02:27 AM   #21
morgstang
"King of Clean"

Im a group ride leader for MotoHouston and we ride 200 mile routes full of curves every weekend...wanna join us?
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg 7F7FADCC-75EC-4139-8186-01D377CF45DE.jpeg (143.3 KB, 438 views)
morgstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2017, 04:03 AM   #22
DocShred

Yaa i'm more curious if FZ10 can walk away in the twisties. Surprised no one has ridden with one yet, although I still haven't seen one on the street.
DocShred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2017, 05:31 AM   #23
OldBiker

I saw a MT-10 in Glurns Italy riden by a guy in his sixties. That town is in the Alps and there are no or very few straight roads there. He was pretty good on the switchbacks. I was riding a Ducati Monster 821 but did not try to race him. (I was on a group tour). His companions had a mix of Ducatis and BMWs.
OldBiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2017, 05:50 AM   #24
fermic37

TX has curves?
fermic37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2017, 07:06 AM   #25
MichaelFZ1
Off the deep end

Quote:
Originally Posted by fermic37 View Post
TX has curves?
Ditto, I've never seen any there.
MichaelFZ1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2017, 07:23 AM   #26
Duken4evr
Map Maven

Texas has curves... I will just drop Sarah Shahi, born in Euless Texas, here
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Sarah Shahi.jpg (70.4 KB, 425 views)

Wise man said - "Don't go bagger too soon".

Get your FI maps right here:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/nr...1_Map_Pack.zip

Akra full exhaust mindless stationary rev out Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w5UNYBqHd7M

Last edited by Duken4evr; 10-07-2017 at 01:26 PM.
Duken4evr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2017, 07:26 AM   #27
bjamick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skiman View Post
Do you guys ever try and go around a corner?

Yup, I’m actually good in the corners and really good at the drag strip. Just love racing anything and speed. Not top speed really, just very fast acceleration! Would love to have that supercharger kit, but not dropping that kind of coin.

Here is a small video of my bike accelerating headed into a curve: https://youtu.be/lncLy0nxCDY

Last edited by bjamick; 10-07-2017 at 11:30 AM.
bjamick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2017, 01:01 PM   #28
morgstang
"King of Clean"

Quote:
TX has curves?
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelFZ1 View Post
Ditto, I've never seen any there.
There hidden...granted its not like mountain states but for where i live ive found a number of good curvy routes out in the country...
morgstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2017, 05:31 PM   #29
2stangs6991

I am kind of interested in the same thing. I have also never seen one on the road in Nor cal where I ride and we have bikes everywhere...oh and we have curves..lol
Old 10-13-2017, 06:19 PM   #30
hotboot
pony boy carry me home

Quote:
TX has curves?

Not really, those that exist are a figment of the locals imagination and limited trips to Arkansas.
The few around me are not secret, every ricky racer and car club uses them, some take :30 at 100 mph in a line to see.
Old 10-13-2017, 06:23 PM   #31
Stella Blue
Yucksamush

I really like Texas, once you get into the hill country and west of that, but not much to the north. Texas is cool. There's a place in my heart for Texas. Having said that, although I've been through Texas multiple times, too many to count over several decades, I've never been there on 2 wheels. I feel like it would be at least as interesting on a bike as coastal Carolina, where I reside. Curves and (little) hills exist here, but they really arent the norm. you have to find them. Yeah, I like Texas and I think about moving there from time to time. How did I get on the subject of Texas?
Stella Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2018, 10:26 AM   #32
kev.fazerboy

i had a test ride on 1 before i got the fz1n i got now, It was fun and felt very fast loads of modes traction control quick shifter and all that bollocks , but my fz1 feels just as fast now i messed with it.
I couldn't bring myself to pay £12000 for a bike that's not miles better than the fz1
kev.fazerboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2018, 11:37 AM   #33
CrazyBiker
Smooottthhh....

S1000R is not miles better but definitely 30% better in smooth power delivery, acceleration, wheelie capability, lightweight, handling and technology. I just wanted something modern. BMW underrates their cars and bikes. S1000R pretty much makes upwards of 151-157 rwhp stock. Fueling is unreally smooth over any other bike I have ridden stock/modded.
Past 06 FZ6, 07 FZ1, 06 Daytona, 12 S1000RR
CrazyBiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2018, 01:13 PM   #34
theunderfighter
Resident Beer Snob

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocShred View Post
Yaa i'm more curious if FZ10 can walk away in the twisties. Surprised no one has ridden with one yet, although I still haven't seen one on the street.
Keep in mind, once in the twisties, it's entirely rider/settings dependent... A Ninja 250 can walk an FZ10 with the right/wrong riders. A straight line roll-on is where the real and usable power can be compared.
theunderfighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2018, 08:09 AM   #35
REDFAZER03

Yeah. I'm sure that extra 20 HP on the FZ10 is meaningless.
07 Raven. Ivanized Stage 4, Zero Gravity, Full Fairing, Michelin PP3, R1 shock, Sargent Seat, Arrow/Graves All Ti, NGK Iridium, Evotech hanger, PC5, Rizoma Rearsets, LED Integrated Tailight, Valter Moto LED signals, Copperdawg Radiator Guard, Ivan's Flash, Lars, AIS delete. Graves EXUP delete, S/W Mototech mirror extensions. CRG Levers. Motovation USA Sliders & Bar End Weights. Lowered w/ PSR lowering link & PSR adjustable side stand. Dyno tuned tweaked map. 146 HP. Super Premium Gas, 35 MPG
REDFAZER03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2018, 06:28 PM   #36
EverFighter
" I'M IN MY DARK PLACE. "

Well I just had my 17' FZ10 that was my only vehicle for over a year stolen. I now use an 06 fz1, and before the Fz10 I had a 14' fz1 as my only vehicle for about 2.5 years. The crossplane was magical for the first few months. Then I had it ftecu flashed, a dominatoR midpipe and a custom slipon made from 2 oem slip ons cut and welded at length and recored(basicly an actual custom) then got the active tune for it.
That Active tune is effing insane, it made EVERYTHING so much better / easier. Everything on the intuitive level fit together perfectly. Downblipping, normal shifting, it really is eye opening.

ANYWAYS, the no composite torque of the CP4 is very noticeable( no " here we go! spool-up power at 7k+ rpm) and now that im back on a gen2 fz1 with just a slip on and bmc filter, no gearing changes, I can tell you the extra 10 mpg the fz10 uses seems a waste. Even with this tall ass stock fz1 gearing it feels just about as powerful 100mph +. So in a top end contest, fz1 would likely walk the fz10. The instant blast of torque on a properly tuned fz10 would get the fz1 everywhere else. You've really got 2 opposite types of I4 motors. One with no composite torque at all, and the other with a 40% heavier crank that magnifies it's composite torque, at least on the pants dyno.

If I had to choose, it would be close but the fz10 wins due to its very useful electronics and blasty torque along with it being a good bit more flickable, and omfg can you say fourth gear clutch ups stock bike? But I love my fz1 too.
EverFighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2018, 10:17 AM   #37
AFM674
Getting into turn 4 at Sonoma

Location: Santa Cruz, Ca-New Gen3 17' FZ10-trick already, but big mods are coming. My FZ1 smokes it right now.
FZ's rule

Quote:
Originally Posted by EverFighter View Post
Well I just had my 17' FZ10 that was my only vehicle for over a year stolen. I now use an 06 fz1, and before the Fz10 I had a 14' fz1 as my only vehicle for about 2.5 years. The crossplane was magical for the first few months. Then I had it ftecu flashed, a dominatoR midpipe and a custom slipon made from 2 oem slip ons cut and welded at length and recored(basicly an actual custom) then got the active tune for it.
That Active tune is effing insane, it made EVERYTHING so much better / easier. Everything on the intuitive level fit together perfectly. Downblipping, normal shifting, it really is eye opening.

ANYWAYS, the no composite torque of the CP4 is very noticeable( no " here we go! spool-up power at 7k+ rpm) and now that im back on a gen2 fz1 with just a slip on and bmc filter, no gearing changes, I can tell you the extra 10 mpg the fz10 uses seems a waste. Even with this tall ass stock fz1 gearing it feels just about as powerful 100mph +. So in a top end contest, fz1 would likely walk the fz10. The instant blast of torque on a properly tuned fz10 would get the fz1 everywhere else. You've really got 2 opposite types of I4 motors. One with no composite torque at all, and the other with a 40% heavier crank that magnifies it's composite torque, at least on the pants dyno.

If I had to choose, it would be close but the fz10 wins due to its very useful electronics and blasty torque along with it being a good bit more flickable, and omfg can you say fourth gear clutch ups stock bike? But I love my fz1 too.
I love my FZ1 too, but the FZ10 is my new project. FZ1 is done and has proven itself over and over again on back roads and trackdays.

My FZ10 has a completely different power delivery and feel. I've had it for about 5 months and realized it needs work within the first few minutes of riding it...mainly suspension tweaking. Well not tuning...needs new shock and cartridges...at least for my riding style. I didn't even want to ride it on a fast group ride because it was just so harsh. I've been riding a long time...it wasn't just settings, but even with the crappy suspension I decided to join this fast group ride. I managed to stay with the fast BMW's , R1's, Ducati's etc. I knew after this ride that the FZ10 is a serious weapon...just needs a little work that I would always do to a new bike anyway. She's bad ass. My FZ1 is bad ass...keeping both.

FZ10 mods that came on the bike...so much more to come.
17' FZ10 black,R1 forged magnesium wheels,Galfer pads & wave rotors,R1 master cylinder kit,SS brake lines,Graves smog plates,ECU re-flash,Autoblipper,FZ09 black pillion pegs,FZ09 black handlebars,Yamaha FZ10 comfort seat,Radiator guard,Givi windscreen,SW Motech rear rack & sliders,Black levers,rhino bar ends,bar end mirrors,revalved oem forks & shock,Yosh Y series w/link pipe,fuel controller,heated grips

[url=https://flic.kr/p/2cNCpf8]

My first love...FZ1 09' bad MoFo.

[url=https://flic.kr/p/2aSuG2b]

09' FZ1
Mods:CRG Levers - Sargent Seats - SS Lines F&R - EBC R Rotor - Vesrah XX Pads - Braking SK2 Frt Rotors - Ohlins Shock - 08 R1 forks - K-Tech 24SSRK C & R Valves - Vortex R/Sets, Apex clipons - Superlite 44t Rear & 15t C/S - 520 ERV3 Gold Chain - Gear Indicator - Graves Full Exh - Ivanized ECU - Hyper Pro Damper - Annitori QS - Graves Stacks - BMC Filter/Airbox Mod - Brembo RCS19 - 1/6 R6 throttle - ZG DB Screen.
AFM674 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2018, 01:02 PM   #38
CrazyBiker
Smooottthhh....

Its good to buy a bike already all modded up and setup. Where did you buy that FZ-10 from? Never seen it local or on the forums.
Old 12-18-2018, 02:15 PM   #39
gotfz1
Do you like gladiator movies?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyBiker View Post
Its good to buy a bike already all modded up and setup. Where did you buy that FZ-10 from? Never seen it local or on the forums.
They've been in Cali dealers since summer 2016.
Old 12-18-2018, 04:21 PM   #40
CrazyBiker
Smooottthhh....

Quote:
Originally Posted by gotfz1 View Post
They've been in Cali dealers since summer 2016.
He bought it used - super modded

Go Back   FZ1OA Message Board > FZ1 & Fazer Owners Association > Exhausts, Carburetion & Performance > Gen 2 Exhausts, Fueling & Performance