click here for fz1oa web site home page
register a new account, it's free!
email the fz1oa webmasters
read the fz1oa guidelines
read the fz1oa policy
open pat's fz1 site in a new window
open iowaz fz1 site in a new window
technical tips

Go Back   FZ1OA Message Board > FZ1 & Fazer Owners Association > Exhausts, Carburetion & Performance > Gen 2 Exhausts, Fueling & Performance

Old 06-06-2007, 08:40 PM   #181
Angstromm
No, I said "jumping jacks!"

So, more as a matter of curiosity than anything else, is Dek the only one providing and/or sharing maps with the community?
Angstromm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2007, 06:45 PM   #182
Brockster
Registered Abuser

Using Deks fly-out map I recently checked my spark plugs and they look to be good just a tad lean. Who has Deks map with the 3% richer settings?
Old 06-15-2007, 05:42 AM   #183
Dek

Hi Brock and all

Interesting one this

I can assure those of you who are using the 'butterflies removed' map that I was present with the tuner the whole time that he spent making that map. It had a near perfect a/f readout at all rpm and throttle positions. Infact there's a printout of 100% tp somewhere on here asan example.

Interesting though that a couple of owners have 'thought' the map was lean and yet the only other documented evidence which was supplied by the Duke indicated a slight richness at some points.

So we have those who've had the map analysed and it was either near perfect or slightly rich and on the other hand those who 'think' it's running weak. It may well be on theirs.

Maybe it is as some top tuners suggest and that is to guarantee optimum performance a customised map is the only way to go. Maybe the above mentioned map is only perfect on my FZ1. I don't know, but then again I don't need to.

Dek
Dek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2007, 05:51 AM   #184
diederik

Always expect to be critisized when you give something away. people like looking a gift horse in the mouth.
'06 1000 FAZER, AIS OPEN, 16 TOOTH F/S, PC3, MICRON GP EX SLIP-ON, CAT REMOVED FROM HEADER PIPE, THE BRILLIANT FCE, AIRBOX MOD, REMOVED NO PLATE BRACKET, NO NO PLATE, IVAN'S MODIFIED SUB-HROTTLE PLATES
diederik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2007, 07:25 AM   #185
patricjft
Yo, smile, it's a good day!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dek
Hi Brock and all

Interesting one this

I can assure those of you who are using the 'butterflies removed' map that I was present with the tuner the whole time that he spent making that map. It had a near perfect a/f readout at all rpm and throttle positions. Infact there's a printout of 100% tp somewhere on here asan example.

Interesting though that a couple of owners have 'thought' the map was lean and yet the only other documented evidence which was supplied by the Duke indicated a slight richness at some points.

So we have those who've had the map analysed and it was either near perfect or slightly rich and on the other hand those who 'think' it's running weak. It may well be on theirs.

Maybe it is as some top tuners suggest and that is to guarantee optimum performance a customised map is the only way to go. Maybe the above mentioned map is only perfect on my FZ1. I don't know, but then again I don't need to.

Dek
I was not trying to be critical of your map. I appreciate that you have shared it with us and gave me the opportunity to try it. I am curious as to what your altitude is where the map was created. My bike just seemed to run much smoother with Ivan's map. That is my results, others may have a different experience. Yeah, a custom map definitely would be ideal - may have to just splurge on that when more funds become available. Then I could share mine, and give people yet one more choice to try. Thanks for your willingness to share your map with us.
Old 06-15-2007, 07:37 AM   #186
diederik

I also treid deks map. Funny thing i am 6000 feet above so strictly speaking i should go leaner then Deks map, i presume he is at sea level, hailing from the UK. It,s just the other way round. His map works perfect on his bike that is why he spend the money, but each bike behaves different, his airbox might be slightly different from yours (modified) etc. That is why his map or ivan's map will work just fine but if you want 100% performance from your bike you need to have your own bike put on a dyno. it is as simple as that.
'06 1000 FAZER, AIS OPEN, 16 TOOTH F/S, PC3, MICRON GP EX SLIP-ON, CAT REMOVED FROM HEADER PIPE, THE BRILLIANT FCE, AIRBOX MOD, REMOVED NO PLATE BRACKET, NO NO PLATE, IVAN'S MODIFIED SUB-HROTTLE PLATES
diederik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2007, 11:58 AM   #187
lproffer

I'm running Dek's map and I think it's a little lean for me in Denver, this is not to be construed as any sort of criticism. I'm grateful to have the map and I'm sure it's a lot closer to correct than my other options. If I want a map that's closer to perfection I will need to take it to a tuner.

Dek,
All I have to say is thanks for sharing your map.
Old 06-15-2007, 12:17 PM   #188
Dek

Gentlemen, thanks for your comments.
It has been a pleasure travelling down the gen2 road with you all this last year and don't believe for one minute that I've taken offence at any of the comments. This forum is a great resource for informed opinion and long may it continue.
cheers
Dek
Dek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2007, 01:12 PM   #189
vangoo

Lightbulb Map averaging ?

There seems to be a bit of discussion of certain maps running lean and some running rich.
Has anyone used the Map Compare Tool and then averaged the two ? I have an averaged map, but I'm overly cautious about trying it. So please,someone else try it and let us know.... heehee
vangoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2007, 01:24 PM   #190
Cougar
Nerd Herder

Quote:
Originally Posted by lproffer
I'm running Dek's map and I think it's a little lean for me in Denver, this is not to be construed as any sort of criticism. I'm grateful to have the map and I'm sure it's a lot closer to correct than my other options. If I want a map that's closer to perfection I will need to take it to a tuner.

Dek,
All I have to say is thanks for sharing your map.
Why do you think it's too lean?
'06, Ivan's ECU Flash, PCIII, Scorpion Can, Airbox Mod, Wire Re-route, 16T, Speedohealer, Ivan's AIS Kit, Cat Skinned, Flies Swatted, EXUP Gone, Lower Fairings, EvoTech Fender Eliminator, Givi V35's and Top Box, SW-Motech Racks, FZ-6 Footpeg Rubber, Blind Spot's Fuel Line, Fren Tubo Brake Lines & Pazzo Levers, Luke's Seat Latch Mod, R1 Shock & Satan's Adapter, Duken4evr Fork Oil, R6 Throttle, CD Screen

Cougar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2007, 01:26 PM   #191
Cougar
Nerd Herder

Quote:
Originally Posted by vangoo
There seems to be a bit of discussion of certain maps running lean and some running rich.
Has anyone used the Map Compare Tool and then averaged the two ? I have an averaged map, but I'm overly cautious about trying it. So please,someone else try it and let us know.... heehee
I am positive that you will not harm your engine if you use a map 1/2 way between Ivan's & Dek's maps. I have been using Dek's and my bike kicks ass. If you send me the map I'll try it if it is for my configuration (see below).
'06, Ivan's ECU Flash, PCIII, Scorpion Can, Airbox Mod, Wire Re-route, 16T, Speedohealer, Ivan's AIS Kit, Cat Skinned, Flies Swatted, EXUP Gone, Lower Fairings, EvoTech Fender Eliminator, Givi V35's and Top Box, SW-Motech Racks, FZ-6 Footpeg Rubber, Blind Spot's Fuel Line, Fren Tubo Brake Lines & Pazzo Levers, Luke's Seat Latch Mod, R1 Shock & Satan's Adapter, Duken4evr Fork Oil, R6 Throttle, CD Screen

Old 07-04-2007, 01:44 PM   #192
CharleyB

Map advice

I'm new to the PC3 device and am looking for advice.

I see Powercommander's website list maps close to my bike's setup, does anyone have any experience/advice with using their maps?

I'm an '06 with FCE, AIS removed, cat gone, 16T and 2 Bros CF can, and this weekend to add the PC3. I'm likely to stop mods there unless you experts tell me I should really do the airbox mod and/or zip flies.

Any other suitable map you can recommend?

Last edited by CharleyB; 07-04-2007 at 03:13 PM.
CharleyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 09:37 AM   #193
Chip

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharleyB
I'm new to the PC3 device and am looking for advice.

I see Powercommander's website list maps close to my bike's setup, does anyone have any experience/advice with using their maps?

I'm an '06 with FCE, AIS removed, cat gone, 16T and 2 Bros CF can, and this weekend to add the PC3. I'm likely to stop mods there unless you experts tell me I should really do the airbox mod and/or zip flies.

Any other suitable map you can recommend?
I've got the PCIII, Ignition module, cat out and a Yosh with the baffle in. I'm sure everyone will tell you you must do the above mods. I haven't because I don't want the extra noise of the airbox mod and I haven't got around to trying zipping the flies. I have Ivan's map (I presume you don't as you would have mentioned it -- I don't believe anyone will share it as Ivan is clear that it is his intellectual property [I won't share it]). I've tried that, that map minus 4% across the board and one of Dek's maps. My butt dyno doesn't notice a whole lot of difference although the latter two both offer better fuel mileage. You'll find Dek's maps in a post above -- try the one that's closest to your set up (the Akra one I think).
Old 07-06-2007, 03:48 PM   #194
Flatline74

Looking for a map to get me going.

Scorpion Slip-on
Cat-removed
I also want to remove the o2 sensor.

I may or may not do the air box mod.
Flatline74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2007, 08:51 PM   #195
Cougar
Nerd Herder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flatline74
Looking for a map to get me going.

Scorpion Slip-on
Cat-removed
I also want to remove the o2 sensor.

I may or may not do the air box mod.
Don't remove the O2 sensor until you install a PCIII. Do the airbox mod. Remove the secondary throttle plates. But not until you install the PCIII.

Old 07-17-2007, 11:18 AM   #196
07FZ-1
Twisted Wrister

In trying to keep up with all the mods and maps floating around....didn't someone mention that the newest PCIII's had a connection for an O2 sensor?

Seems to me that if it has the provision and the PC is mapped ...that the presence of the O2 sensor would allow the PC to be even more precise?

Did I do too much LDS in the sixties?

Chris
07FZ-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2007, 01:19 PM   #197
Cougar
Nerd Herder

Quote:
Originally Posted by 07FZ-1
In trying to keep up with all the mods and maps floating around....didn't someone mention that the newest PCIII's had a connection for an O2 sensor?

Seems to me that if it has the provision and the PC is mapped ...that the presence of the O2 sensor would allow the PC to be even more precise?

Did I do too much LDS in the sixties?

Chris
Um...LDS??? Apparently so. I don't have the same connector, so I don't know.

Old 07-17-2007, 09:04 PM   #198
07FZ-1
Twisted Wrister

Sure...LDS...

kirk from one of the star trek movies...can remember which one?

07FZ-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2007, 05:57 PM   #199
vangoo

Lightbulb observation

it seems with all the maps floatin around, if you "averaged" them all, you would probly have a "0" map...!?
jyst thinkin outloud
vangoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2007, 06:24 PM   #200
Cougar
Nerd Herder

Quote:
Originally Posted by vangoo
it seems with all the maps floatin around, if you "averaged" them all, you would probly have a "0" map...!?
jyst thinkin outloud
Not likely. Most of the maps are used for increased air flow due to new slip-ons & airbox mods, therefore they generally add fuel.

Go Back   FZ1OA Message Board > FZ1 & Fazer Owners Association > Exhausts, Carburetion & Performance > Gen 2 Exhausts, Fueling & Performance