click here for fz1oa web site home page
register a new account, it's free!
email the fz1oa webmasters
read the fz1oa guidelines
read the fz1oa policy
open pat's fz1 site in a new window
open iowaz fz1 site in a new window
technical tips

Go Back   FZ1OA Message Board > FZ1 & Fazer Owners Association > Exhausts, Carburetion & Performance > Gen 2 Exhausts, Fueling & Performance

Old 07-11-2006, 07:39 AM   #61
driller

Another map...

I sent Wardog the PC111 map created by Deks tuner for my set up on 29th June. This was for a Bos carbon can , but with the header pipe Cat still in.
Pushed the power from 131 to 139point something , and did wonders for the low down power.

No sign of it after two weeks - maybe it didn't get through ??

Anyone wants a copy , email me..
driller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2006, 03:27 PM   #62
RDWARRIOR102

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dek
Very kind Jim, but you have played an integral part in enabling the sharing of this info. Long may it continue.
Dek
Dek, I installed your map today with my scorpion can and disconnected the O2 sensor, (they dont tell you that in the PC instructions?).What a differeance, I only took my fizzer out around the block a few times ,but I can tell at 5,000 rpms she started to pull faster, and the low end is slightly improved, I do feel a ever so slight hesitation when I first open the throttle at the lower under 4,000 rpms when cruising and throttleing up?,Of course just in that little ride I did she still has the dreaded SNATCH. Hopefully we will work it out even if ivan wont sell the fix to us as a seperate part because some of us already got the PC and pipe some where else, hopefully he will change his mind, we need a timing module and the TRS disconnected some how. Oh yea, I also noticed your map has a R1 european model on it, is this the correct map?Did the tuner get the wrong bike model on his map? One more observation I made installing the PC, I wonder if we unhook the EXUP motor plug and the motor will the engine check light come on?, If not, then we would have alot more space under the seat to store things, like the PC and ignition module? Any way keep up the good work on the velosity stack and air box mods, man once the SNATCH thing is worked out and the bolton mods are done this 06 is really gonna scare the naked bike kingdom?

2014- Red blacked out Raider,Ivans ECU flash,combat exhaust,K&N filter,PCV5, dyno tuned, 97.48HP,118.45TQ.
F/S $8,000.00
RDWARRIOR102 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2006, 03:41 PM   #63
mrjcall
Shady Valley Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by RDWARRIOR102
Dek, I installed your map today with my scorpion can and disconnected the O2 sensor, (they dont tell you that in the PC instructions?).What a differeance, I only took my fizzer out around the block a few times ,but I can tell at 5,000 rpms she started to pull faster, and the low end is slightly improved, I do feel a ever so slight hesitation when I first open the throttle at the lower under 4,000 rpms when cruising and throttleing up?,Of course just in that little ride I did she still has the dreaded SNATCH. Hopefully we will work it out even if ivan wont sell the fix to us as a seperate part because some of us already got the PC and pipe some where else, hopefully he will change his mind, we need a timing module and the TRS disconnected some how. Oh yea, I also noticed your map has a R1 european model on it, is this the correct map?Did the tuner get the wrong bike model on his map? One more observation I made installing the PC, I wonder if we unhook the EXUP motor plug and the motor will the engine check light come on?, If not, then we would have alot more space under the seat to store things, like the PC and ignition module? Any way keep up the good work on the velosity stack and air box mods, man once the SNATCH thing is worked out and the bolton mods are done this 06 is really gonna scare the naked bike kingdom?
You've got the right map. The tuner had just completed a map for an R1 and forgot to change the title. You can see from Dek's dyno chart that it was definitely his bike...
mrjcall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2006, 04:04 PM   #64
mrjcall
Shady Valley Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by RDWARRIOR102
Forgot to mention that you will get an error code if you unplug from the EXUP motor. I'm sure there's a way to remove the motor and then do something to the plug to prevent the code, but I'm at the far end of ignorance city when it comes to that stuff. Sure would add space, I agree so somebody will come up with the answer... Somebody?
Old 07-15-2006, 05:19 PM   #65
4ncsu
Gen2 and luvin' it

there is a link in one of the forums in this section that points to an r1 site.
the two options are a 7.5k resistor between the red/black and white wire(if memory servers correct) or paying 100 dollars for an aftermarket servo, that emulates the exup.
so I've read anyway ;)

anyone actually done it?
4ncsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2006, 07:25 PM   #66
RDWARRIOR102

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrjcall
Forgot to mention that you will get an error code if you unplug from the EXUP motor. I'm sure there's a way to remove the motor and then do something to the plug to prevent the code, but I'm at the far end of ignorance city when it comes to that stuff. Sure would add space, I agree so somebody will come up with the answer... Somebody?

Okay, thanks, at least I got the rite map, Ill play with the low button and see if that tiny little hesitation will improve if I try leaner or richer?Im also going to try the 7.5 ohm resistor to see if it works, now where is there a radio shack when you need one?

2014- Red blacked out Raider,Ivans ECU flash,combat exhaust,K&N filter,PCV5, dyno tuned, 97.48HP,118.45TQ.
F/S $8,000.00
Old 07-15-2006, 07:26 PM   #67
RDWARRIOR102

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4ncsu
there is a link in one of the forums in this section that points to an r1 site.
the two options are a 7.5k resistor between the red/black and white wire(if memory servers correct) or paying 100 dollars for an aftermarket servo, that emulates the exup.
so I've read anyway ;)

anyone actually done it?
Well ill see if I can find a 7.5 resistor and try it out?There is quit a bit of room in that area the servo is taking up since im not using it any more.

F/S $8,000.00
Old 07-16-2006, 05:04 AM   #68
4ncsu
Gen2 and luvin' it

in that case here is the url to the option 1:
http://r1-forum.com/forums/showthrea...al+of+the+EXUP

and option 2:
http://www.samannasystems.com/

Let me know how it goes.
Old 07-16-2006, 06:43 AM   #69
Ivan
Performance Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4ncsu
in that case here is the url to the option 1:
http://r1-forum.com/forums/showthrea...al+of+the+EXUP

and option 2:
http://www.samannasystems.com/

Let me know how it goes.

Or option 3.....

http://ivansperformanceproducts.com/other.htm

Ivan
Old 07-16-2006, 10:03 AM   #70
4ncsu
Gen2 and luvin' it

Hey Ivan,
I had checked out your site previously, but it didnt say anything specific about the '06, and since nothing else from the gen 1 seems to work...etc.etc.
Glad to know your 06 kit is coming along though=)
I plan on calling tomorow and ordering the block off plates, and probably anything else you tell me I need.

Enjoy the rest of your weekend.
Old 07-16-2006, 01:09 PM   #71
RDWARRIOR102

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivan

Sorry ivan, I was on your site last week and ordered the block off plates for my 06 FZ1 and didn't see the EXUP stuff,,guess I better order your EXUP eliminator plug also.Ther's storage to be had under the seat in that area.

F/S $8,000.00
Old 07-16-2006, 01:21 PM   #72
RDWARRIOR102

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrjcall
You've got the right map. The tuner had just completed a map for an R1 and forgot to change the title. You can see from Dek's dyno chart that it was definitely his bike...
Well I did a little more riding today and man this bike pulls alot harder now than before, The front end gets real light in secound gear getting on it. I found my low rpm hesitation hole when rolling on the throttle under 4,000 rpms, it was running slightly to lean, poped the seat up when leaving the restaurant we were eating at before we left to come home and I richened only the low button to 2 more richer bars and walla! that lean spot was gone, then I leaned it out one bar leaner from the two and it was almost to lean again, so 2 bars richer worked out for me , nice and smooth when rolling on the throttle now and istant throttle responce. One thing about the power commander VRS carbs is after the initial investment of the power commaner the fine tuning in the low to high range is just for the most part a push button away? So what's up with the timing module that power commander sells?, cant we use that with our USB PC3? and get started with the timing stuff?, How's the velosity stacks working out with DEK?

F/S $8,000.00

Last edited by RDWARRIOR102; 07-17-2006 at 02:17 PM.
Old 07-17-2006, 06:09 AM   #73
4ncsu
Gen2 and luvin' it

Alright Ivan, I just called and canceled my pcIII from cycle mart(been a week and they still hadn't shipped), so I'll be talking to you shortly to order up.=)
Old 07-24-2006, 06:48 AM   #74
1000-06
Banned

Just my 2 cents but the only person that will take a hit for a custom map is the buyer.. They lay out the money to get it and it is paid in full ,the supplier has sold the rights to it and it is now the property of the buyer,to do as they will with the info. Its just like when a mod for free is announced and displayed, the person who took the time,trial and error at their cost, but yet it is still for public viewing. I believe it is just greed and to state that there will be no more work on the 06 if the info is released is just a monopoly, I am sure I have annoyed many, but if you really boil it down this is all true. I am not trying to start something but I had to get that off my chest..
1000-06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2006, 06:55 AM   #75
mrjcall
Shady Valley Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1000-06
Just my 2 cents but the only person that will take a hit for a custom map is the buyer.. They lay out the money to get it and it is paid in full ,the supplier has sold the rights to it and it is now the property of the buyer,to do as they will with the info. Its just like when a mod for free is announced and displayed, the person who took the time,trial and error at their cost, but yet it is still for public viewing. I believe it is just greed and to state that there will be no more work on the 06 if the info is released is just a monopoly, I am sure I have annoyed many, but if you really boil it down this is all true. I am not trying to start something but I had to get that off my chest..
Old 07-24-2006, 09:02 AM   #76
zenbiker
NeoFight Monk

Quote:

At the risk of beating an already quite dead horse....

I can't disagree with you more. My experience is quite the opposite; the sharing of information actually spurs owners to go out and purchase more mods; RC51 owners and 919 owners shelled out buckets of cash (myself included) to get the hardware to use with the software when we saw what result could be had with them. My best 919 map was from a guy in Australia who developed it for Staintune pipes; I didn't get it from him directly; rather I downloaded it from Powercommander.com because he uploaded his map to their database for anybody to use. As far as these maps go, individuals who pay for the maps are free to keep them or share them as they wish - see the initial post on this thread from wArDoG and his point about selfless sharing. However, if a tuner develops a map on his own time and asks each buyer to keep it to themselves, then that buyer should honor the tuner's request - see Ivan's request not to post the maps he develops personally. Two different situations.

Dek has shared the maps he has paid for selflessly and enthusiastically, to the benefit of many here, and to date has refused to accept any payment to offset his costs (at least from me). Ivan, on the other hand, is spending his own time as a tuner to develop his data; he has a right to ask us to keep it to ourselves.

Nobody is holding a gun to anybody's head here, and this topic is being taken way too damn seriously, IMHO. I guarantee you that a year from now you'll forget that you even thought it was a problem. And, if you have a problem using someone else's map for whatever reason, you can always pay someone to develop your own for you, no problem. It's all going to be cool.

Zen

Last edited by zenbiker; 07-24-2006 at 09:39 AM.
zenbiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2006, 06:56 PM   #77
4ncsu
Gen2 and luvin' it

Things I know:
1.Ivans PCIII was $20 more than the cheapest I found.(came with map configed for my fz1 including all mods)
2.If I modify my config, to my understanding I can call Ivan and get a new map assuming he has access to the same mod.
3. Since adding the pcIII, sprocket, scorpion slip on, block-offs, and exup-servo, I havent been able to wipe this $h1t eating grin off my face.

Things I think.
1. I've now got the bike yamaha should have shipped, and I think it will only get better with individuals like ivan, dek, dale, and (insert member here) working on it.
2. People are generally in business to get paid so they can do things like eat, drink, and buy crazy expensive toys and mods. I belive ivan's map is a quantity, not a service such as dek's tuner's time (as my bike hasnt actually been on the dyno). so posting it for all to see would be kinda like stealing(append flame here).
3. I think Ivan's deal is a lot cheaper than me buying dyno time, and I think lars, dek, and mrjcall are way ahead of the curb and doing the enthusiast community proud by taking the plunge (and even documenting it very well) by doing mods that I fully intend to do as soon as I recover from the last round.

IMHO:
If you want to buy Ivan go for it, If you want to "keep it real" and only do shareware mods, go for it. I plan to do some of both, cause that gets me the most insanely fast bike I can afford, and doesnt take food off anyones table. But lets stop bashing people who are just doing what they love and lucky enuf to get paid for it.(yeah, I'm jealous)

just my $.02
Old 07-25-2006, 04:51 AM   #78
pgmjsd
Joshyjosh

Quote:
J.. the only person that will take a hit for a custom map is the buyer.. They lay out the money to get it and it is paid in full ,the supplier has sold the rights to it and it is now the property of the buyer,to do as they will with the info. Its just like when a mod for free is announced and displayed, the person who took the time,trial and error at their cost, but yet it is still for public viewing.

I've seen it happen where rampant pirating has caused the vendor to stop developing the product because they can't make a profit due to the unethical behavior of some buyers (ever wonder why most of the music software out there sucks?). On the other hand, if the vendor is beat out by an Open Source competitor (amateurs doing it for fun), this is perfectly ethical and legitimate.

My point is that it all depends on the license for the data/software/music/video/etc., which is determined by the seller. The unethical buyer will buy a product and ignore the license, potentially making things bad for everyone. The ethical buyer will make their purchasing decision based on whether they agree with the license.
pgmjsd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2006, 04:00 PM   #79
jpaulsen
i ride morsickles

Just loaded Dek's map into my PC last eve. and had a chance to ride today. Nice improvement overall, but more "snatch" is evident now. Very similar result as RDWARRIOR. More messin with it to come. Another thanks to Dek and MJRCALL for your assistance!
Jim
Old 07-27-2006, 04:32 PM   #80
mrjcall
Shady Valley Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpaulsen
Just loaded Dek's map into my PC last eve. and had a chance to ride today. Nice improvement overall, but more "snatch" is evident now. Very similar result as RDWARRIOR. More messin with it to come. Another thanks to Dek and MJRCALL for your assistance!
Jim
The snatch fix will be available soon (according to Ivan)!

Go Back   FZ1OA Message Board > FZ1 & Fazer Owners Association > Exhausts, Carburetion & Performance > Gen 2 Exhausts, Fueling & Performance