click here for fz1oa web site home page
register a new account, it's free!
email the fz1oa webmasters
read the fz1oa guidelines
read the fz1oa policy
open pat's fz1 site in a new window
open iowaz fz1 site in a new window
technical tips

Go Back   FZ1OA Message Board > FZ1 & Fazer Owners Association > Exhausts, Carburetion & Performance > Gen 2 Exhausts, Fueling & Performance

Old 09-24-2007, 02:25 PM   #61
Bruce Bohannon

I only fill to bottom of metal screening device while/ when on side stand. Yesterday, 3.766 gals at 157 miles (20 miles into F-Trip - like I noted above).

41.7 MPG
Bruce Bohannon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2007, 02:54 PM   #62
Bruce Bohannon

Leo - any NEW Stories for us????
Bruce Bohannon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2007, 04:14 PM   #63
leo67

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce Bohannon
Leo - any NEW Stories for us????

No still getting the same,, a little better with the slip on,, gonna do the airbox this weekend and see if it gets better,,
leo67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2007, 12:51 PM   #64
MAVRIK

keep us updated.....
MAVRIK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2007, 12:55 PM   #65
leo67

Did the airbox mod and descreened the filter,, all i have to say is it's a trend for the better (performance wise) gas mileage right now, not sure till this weekend,(actually don't care, way too much fun with wheelies on demand right now)
but will try to putt around at indicated highway speed limits

Hopefully the nice weather we're having by me will stick around so I could actually do some real calculations with the MPG's
Old 10-07-2007, 11:24 PM   #66
leo67

now I know how to get the mileage out of this thing.. ride with a couple of friends that own harleys....(just kidding) anyway did 132.5 miles (no wheelies ang sprint stuff, ( ok maybe 2 wheelis) on a tank today.. 132.5 miles and took 3.45 gallons at fill up = 38.4 MPG (is this correct)
would of waited more the f-trip was reading 11 more miles to go, but the area where i was today didn't have too many major brand gasoline
this reading was on the way out with the harley guys leading the way.. we're talking speed limits and steady cruising..some highway some back road type route. Not my style of riding but nevertheless was enjoyable

summary- seems why my mileage is suffering,, guess I have the throttle opened too much
Old 10-08-2007, 05:32 AM   #67
ironbutt bubba
lateforwork

For the sake of research, I filled the tank to the brim, and took a ride with my brother-in-law Louie"old55", who was riding his 1993 gold wing(145,000 miles @ the speed limit). I got appox 42mpg. Then after filling it to the brim, and hammering the shit out my bike, I only got 24mpg. go figure...
ironbutt bubba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2007, 07:03 AM   #68
jasonk
Brew, Farm, Bake....repeat

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironbutt bubba
For the sake of research, I filled the tank to the brim, and took a ride with my brother-in-law Louie"old55", who was riding his 1993 gold wing(145,000 miles @ the speed limit). I got appox 42mpg. Then after filling it to the brim, and hammering the shit out my bike, I only got 24mpg. go figure...
interesting juxtaposition to the Gen1. I get much more similar mpg's when cruising vs rampaging around like a maniac. 38 and 34 respectively on my Gen1 at drastically different riding styles. Cruising gets me 38 and hammering through twisties at 6000+rpm and frequent power wheelies net me 34.
jasonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2007, 08:34 AM   #69
leo67

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironbutt bubba

I love hammering this bike,, and am only getting in the 20's..
on the ride back yesterday I had to let loose,, I left the pack midway,couldn't take it no more,I was getting bored real fast,, only got 96 miles out of it, but hell it was great therapy
now at least i know it's not a problem with the bike,, but geez to squeeze some miles out of a tank of gas, I have to stay under 5K and minimal bursts of 8K oh well it is what it is...
might have to get that pc3 add on,, forget what's it called,, but I think you can load maps on the fly with it,, if so then i can have 2 or more maps with me at all times,, is it worth the $500 to have commuter and hyper modes?
Old 10-08-2007, 11:09 AM   #70
mrjcall
Shady Valley Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by leo67
I love hammering this bike,, and am only getting in the 20's..
on the ride back yesterday I had to let loose,, I left the pack midway,couldn't take it no more,I was getting bored real fast,, only got 96 miles out of it, but hell it was great therapy
now at least i know it's not a problem with the bike,, but geez to squeeze some miles out of a tank of gas, I have to stay under 5K and minimal bursts of 8K oh well it is what it is...
might have to get that pc3 add on,, forget what's it called,, but I think you can load maps on the fly with it,, if so then i can have 2 or more maps with me at all times,, is it worth the $500 to have commuter and hyper modes?
You've got major issues if you're getting less than 30 mpg on this bike fully modded. Make sure you are fully compensating for tire size, gearing, etc.
JC
mrjcall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2007, 03:14 PM   #71
leo67

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrjcall
You've got major issues if you're getting less than 30 mpg on this bike fully modded. Make sure you are fully compensating for tire size, gearing, etc.
JC
bike is totally stock,, gearing tire size,, etc.
only thing I did was a pc3, airbox mod (stock filter), and a slip on, (front cat gutted) oh yeah i also plugged the ais thing

so you're saying I definately have issues going on,,can you clue me in on what else to look for? I might try the map from dyno-jet for the leo-vince pipe,, but just comparing to Ivans map, I might not,, it's a complete flip flop from Ivans slip on map
Old 10-08-2007, 03:20 PM   #72
mrjcall
Shady Valley Rider

Quote:
only thing I did was a pc3, airbox mod (stock filter), and a slip on, (front cat gutted) oh yeah i also plugged the ais thing

so you're saying I definately have issues going on,,can you clue me in on what else to look for? I might try the map from dyno-jet for the leo-vince pipe,, but just comparing to Ivans map, I might not,, it's a complete flip flop from Ivans slip on map
Which map from Ivan are you running? His early maps were way too rich resulting in poor fuel mileage. Try his later map or one from the many others that are available giving better mileage. I run the pee outta my bike and still get in the low to mid 30s even with lower gearing.
mrjcall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2007, 05:36 PM   #73
gnd111

Quote:

Didn't you just take your bike to Ivan for an actual tune/mapping session? If he set the AF(which he would) for 13.0 or so then you should be just fine...???...

USN Retired
IYAOYAS

gnd111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2007, 05:47 PM   #74
leo67

Quote:
Originally Posted by gnd111
Didn't you just take your bike to Ivan for an actual tune/mapping session? If he set the AF(which he would) for 13.0 or so then you should be just fine...???...

actually have to go back,, at the time i didn't have the AIS disabled it was diluting the readings
Old 10-08-2007, 05:50 PM   #75
leo67

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrjcall

Which map from Ivan are you running? His early maps were way too rich resulting in poor fuel mileage. Try his later map or one from the many others that are available giving better mileage. I run the pee outta my bike and still get in the low to mid 30s even with lower gearing.

The one Gina mass e-mailed, I think in late july, I confirmed it with Ivan he says it's the right one
Old 10-08-2007, 05:54 PM   #76
MARK BYRD
crash dummy

Leo67 get a custom tune my friend its worth every penny.
MARK BYRD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2007, 05:45 AM   #77
jethro
Racoon-slayer

I'm totally stock except FCE and AIS and last weekend got 172 miles before filling up and it only took 4.1 gal. I was not riding fast as it was raining.
2003 Polaris 700XCSP
1995 Polaris 600XLT

"Peace, by superior fire power..."

My bikes: http://www.geoffreysworld.com/The%20Bikes.htm
jethro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2007, 07:22 AM   #78
JTRS

Mark down at the gap we should have done a little drag racing just to see how for Ivans map might be off. I run everything except the ignition module. And do pretty well when running againts the fellas. Heck my cousing monday bought a new 06 CBR1000RR. After a few runs he could not believe how hard my bike ran. Really the only time he got by me was on the top end. My MPG run from 38----42. If I drive like a total nut it will drop to 33--34.
Ivans air box mod & small flies, BMC,FCE,PC3 with Ivans fly map,Ivans exup eliminator,vista throttle lock. cortech tail bag. Yamaha tall shield & Davedoms billet PC3 holder. Header cat skinned & exup flap gone------------scorpion slip on.
JTRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2008, 07:45 AM   #79
upinsmoke
What ya gonna do about it

What is your MPG on the Gen 2

I decided to make this format because this comes up all the time, now you can see it at one place. Also, if you have lower gearing without a speedo healer your mileage will be higher then what it is. With a 16T it will be off about 10-12 miles per tank. You need to take this into consideration before you do the math because it will make your MPG higher then what it really is.

Use This format please: Just copy and paste

Stock:

Stock with lower gearing:

Engine Mods without PC3:

Engine Mods without PC3 and lower gearing:

Engine Mods with PC3, Ivan's map:

Engine Mods with PC3, Ivan's map and lower gearing:

Engine Mods with PC3, Other online map:

Engine Mods with PC3, Other online map and lower gearing:

Engine Mods with PC3, Custom map:

Engine Mods with PC3, Custom map and lower gearing:

2014 Triumph STR

Last edited by upinsmoke; 03-08-2008 at 08:18 AM.
upinsmoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2008, 08:09 AM   #80
upinsmoke
What ya gonna do about it

Stock: 37 MPG

Stock with lower gearing: 32 MPG

Engine Mods without PC3:

Engine Mods without PC3 and lower gearing:

Engine Mods with PC3, Ivan's map:

Engine Mods with PC3, Ivan's map and lower gearing: 25 MPG

Engine Mods with PC3, Other online map:

Engine Mods with PC3, Other online map and lower gearing: 31 MPG

Engine Mods with PC3, Custom map:

Engine Mods with PC3, Custom map and lower gearing:

2014 Triumph STR
upinsmoke is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   FZ1OA Message Board > FZ1 & Fazer Owners Association > Exhausts, Carburetion & Performance > Gen 2 Exhausts, Fueling & Performance