read the fz1oa policy
open pat's fz1 site in a new window
open iowaz fz1 site in a new window
technical tips

Go Back   FZ1OA Message Board > FZ1 & Fazer Owners Association > Riding Gear

Old 11-08-2017, 06:29 AM   #1
SManZ

Current Best Battery Heated Gloves?

I've been scouring reviews on battery powered heated gloves and am looking for user recommendations.

Do you have heated gloves that have worked well for you? I don't want a pair that plugs into a harness to the bike battery. I'd rather have gloves with their own battery.

This is just to extend my ability to do my 30 min commute deeper into the cold seasons.

Thank you!
'10 Toyota Tacoma 4x4...Jacked and TRD Supercharged

Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good .45 at your side, kid
SManZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2017, 06:34 AM   #2
OldBiker

I have seen those in the hunting departments at sports stores but they obviously don't give you the protection that bike specific gloves do.
OldBiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2017, 09:16 AM   #3
grommet
kinetic mentality

Largest set of options I know of.

https://www.thewarmingstore.com/heated-gloves.html

I have a pair of the Gerbings T5 Hybrid, which I use in conjunction with a Gerbings jacket liner. This may be a good option for you if you ever plan to add a wired connection to your bike in the future, because then you won't need to buy another set of gloves. The T5 Hybrids work with a battery pack (from Gerbings) or 12V from your bike.

I like the gloves and would buy them again.

Partly stabilized, partly curious.

Be your own man; don't be an owned man.

Some people would rather be dead than wrong.
grommet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2017, 10:39 AM   #4
old77zrider

An alternate option is:
Bar mitts with heated grips and regular riding gloves. I like the dexterity that thin gloves offer over bulky winter gloves
I'm good for at least an hour when the temps drop to freezing before my thumbs get cold. The rest of the hands stay warm almost indefinitely.
old77zrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2017, 10:58 AM   #5
glory racing

Quote:
Originally Posted by old77zrider View Post
An alternate option is:
Bar mitts with heated grips and regular riding gloves. I like the dexterity that thin gloves offer over bulky winter gloves
I'm good for at least an hour when the temps drop to freezing before my thumbs get cold. The rest of the hands stay warm almost indefinitely.
This set up works very well. It looks like ass but warm hands with summer weight gloves makes it worth it. Also will keep your hands dry in a monsoon. Haven't found a pair of gloves yet that will actually do that.
glory racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2017, 03:49 PM   #6
old77zrider

Quote:
Originally Posted by glory racing View Post
This set up works very well. It looks like OLD ass but warm hands with summer weight gloves makes it worth it. Also will keep your hands dry in a monsoon. Haven't found a pair of gloves yet that will actually do that.
I'm sorry but your description required clarification.
old77zrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2017, 03:49 AM   #7
iluvmyfz1
Just enjoy the machine....

I really like my heated gloves, and my pillion likes hers too.The biggest issue there is the marginal power supply from the Gen I. I was looking at some mitts on Twisted Throttle yesterday, thinking that would be a more practical approach as well.
-'03 FZ1- "Xena"- Custom Orange/Red paint- FuzzyOne mirror mod- SW Motech QR racks- Givi E460 top- E21 side cases- SS brake lines - Scorpion slip-on- R6 shock- Throttlemeisters- Sargent seat- R1 shift arm- Custom sprocket cover- Cheap ass battery- Extended passenger pegs - Gauge of Eternal Coolness - Valtermoto Rearsets - HIDs -
iluvmyfz1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2017, 02:19 PM   #8
FZ1mjk

Quote:
Originally Posted by iluvmyfz1 View Post
The biggest issue there is the marginal power supply from the Gen I.
I haven't experienced this. I have used a heated jacket liner and gloves on my Gen1 without problems.

The problem may rear its head puttering around town. I've done most of my riding out of town with the gear on, but even with the little riding that I've done in town, I have warmth, and system voltage stays north of 12V.
FZ1mjk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2017, 05:44 PM   #9
regder

Totally unsolicited advice, but I love the Warm & Safe wireless troller. Only one wiper to connect/disconnect on the bike and easy to adjust on the fly. My Gerbing T5 wired heated gloves work pretty well.

Just an FYI, the Gen 2 can power a full head to toe heated gear setup.
'06 FZ6 - 115k km, sold
regder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2017, 08:14 AM   #10
iluvmyfz1
Just enjoy the machine....

Quote:
Originally Posted by FZ1mjk View Post
I haven't experienced this. I have used a heated jacket liner and gloves on my Gen1 without problems.

The problem may rear its head puttering around town. I've done most of my riding out of town with the gear on, but even with the little riding that I've done in town, I have warmth, and system voltage stays north of 12V.
Same here basically. As long as you have enough rpm to keep enough current flowing all is good. But in extended traffic or puttering around, the system voltage tends to dip below 12v, as indicated by the MG. Just have to be cognizant of that, as it may happen.
-'03 FZ1- "Xena"- Custom Orange/Red paint- FuzzyOne mirror mod- SW Motech QR racks- Givi E460 top- E21 side cases- SS brake lines - Scorpion slip-on- R6 shock- Throttlemeisters- Sargent seat- R1 shift arm- Custom sprocket cover- Cheap ass battery- Extended passenger pegs - Gauge of Eternal Coolness - Valtermoto Rearsets - HIDs -
iluvmyfz1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2017, 06:20 AM   #11
lakesidehi

Aerostich overgrips

Another option, Aerostich makes heated grip wraps with SAE battery tender connection for around $50. I've had a set for couple years and they've been great as a simple way to get some heat to the hands.
lakesidehi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2017, 12:24 PM   #12
Mumbo

I have Ventureheat gloves, battery in each glove, good for about 4 hours on low.

Best purchase ever, heated grips went in the bin.
Mumbo is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   FZ1OA Message Board > FZ1 & Fazer Owners Association > Riding Gear