register a new account, it's free!
fz1oa store
email the fz1oa webmasters
read the fz1oa guidelines
read the fz1oa policy
open pat's fz1 site in a new window
open iowaz fz1 site in a new window
technical tips

Go Back   FZ1OA Message Board > FZ1 & Fazer Owners Association > Computers & TechGadgetry

Old 01-03-2018, 10:43 AM   #41
AndyW
Dumbass with a full PM inbox..

Correct - I was mistaken, they'll do it whether your battery is weak or not..

It's not just the number of cycles, useful lifespan of Lithium-based batteries is significantly reduced by leaving in a less-than-full charge state, even for a few hours.

Which would you prefer?
AndyW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2018, 08:16 PM   #42
stet

There are a number of factors that affect the life of lithium ion (carbon/cobalt) batteries, which is the type normally used in mobile phones, laptops, etc (but not for motorcycle lithium batteries).

If you have some spare time, here is a link:
http://batteryuniversity.com/learn/a...ased_batteries

A lion battery under a benign charging regime would last for around 500 charge/discharge cycles but this would be much reduced in typical mobile phones, because mobile phones hit the battery with a severe charging regime (high charge voltage and low discharge voltage) in order to give as-high-as possible battery duration.

The best battery life obtainable, on a mobile phone, would be to only charge to 75% of capacity and only discharge to 25% of capacity (as indicated by the mobile phone's gas-gauge that is).

A low temperature, around 10 degrees Centigrade (50F), is also good for long battery life and low self discharge.

Last edited by stet; 01-03-2018 at 08:43 PM.
stet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2018, 03:07 PM   #43
Keytickler
Causative Factor

I took my iPhone 6 in to have the battery replaced. They tested it and the results were that the battery was still in excellent condition. The store was out of stock of the batteries, given the run on them lately, and they will notify me when new stock is in. The $29 deal is good all during 2018. It's my choice to have the battery replaced now or wait until later in the year.

I also have a iPhone 5 with a UK phone number which I use when traveling there. The $29 replacement battery deal doesn't apply to anything older than a 6, so the cost is $79 I think. I should have had the genius test that phone but I didn't.

Keytickler
Old 04-26-2018, 04:32 AM   #44
firefly
2004 FZ1

Finally the local apple store received a battery for my I phone 6+ so I went to have them replace it, they said come back in one hr, I go back in one hr they say sorry we damaged your phone while replacing the battery so we will replace your phone with a new one for the charge of the battery $29.00. they explained that there is a thin ribbon of wires that can easilly be damaged when changing the battery.
so now I have a new i phone 6+
firefly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2018, 05:07 AM   #45
MichaelFZ1
Off the deep end

Score!

Dunno how they could’ve damaged the ribbon cable and bricked the phone, when I did my battery it was pretty straightforward. I thought these people were suppose to be experts.
MichaelFZ1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2018, 09:15 PM   #46
organika773

Quote:
Originally Posted by firefly View Post
Finally the local apple store received a battery for my I phone 6+ so I went to have them replace it, they said come back in one hr, I go back in one hr they say sorry we damaged your phone while replacing the battery so we will replace your phone with a new one for the charge of the battery $29.00. they explained that there is a thin ribbon of wires that can easilly be damaged when changing the battery.
so now I have a new i phone 6+
Same thing happened to me. Went in for a $29 new battery, came out with a brand new $29 iPhone 6s. I was in shock. They didnít damage mine though, they deemed my phone ďunsafeĒ because the battery had heated and expanded so much that it was actually bubbling from the inside out. Pretty crazy, glad I took it in.
organika773 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2018, 05:55 AM   #47
val guy
Go Celtics!!!!!

You guys most likely got used/reconditioned iPhones, not brand new ones.
val guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2018, 12:58 PM   #48
organika773

Quote:
Originally Posted by val guy View Post
You guys most likely got used/reconditioned iPhones, not brand new ones.
O ya Iím sure, even tho the lady insisted it was brand new. But it didnít come in a new box or with a charger. Still better than my cracked one with a battery that would last maybe an hour or two haha
organika773 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2018, 02:08 PM   #49
val guy
Go Celtics!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by organika773 View Post
O ya Iím sure, even tho the lady insisted it was brand new. But it didnít come in a new box or with a charger. Still better than my cracked one with a battery that would last maybe an hour or two haha
Tru dat!
val guy is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   FZ1OA Message Board > FZ1 & Fazer Owners Association > Computers & TechGadgetry