click here for fz1oa web site home page
register a new account, it's free!
email the fz1oa webmasters
read the fz1oa guidelines
read the fz1oa policy
open pat's fz1 site in a new window
open iowaz fz1 site in a new window
technical tips

Go Back   FZ1OA Message Board > FZ1 & Fazer Owners Association > Members Video and Photo Forum

Old 05-15-2013, 11:14 PM   #21
AFM674
Getting into turn 4 at Sonoma

Location: Santa Cruz, Ca-New Gen3 17' FZ10-trick already, but big mods are coming. My FZ1 smokes it right now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1slimfizz View Post
Holy balls, you guys are hauling. Nice video, although my heart was in my throat most of the time.
Thanks Toni ,

I'm really confident on the silver FZ Ripper. Best bike I've ever owned...or one of the top 5 or 6

09' FZ1
Mods:CRG Levers - Sargent Seats - SS Lines F&R - EBC R Rotor - Vesrah XX Pads - Braking SK2 Frt Rotors - Ohlins Shock - 08 R1 forks - K-Tech 24SSRK C & R Valves - Vortex R/Sets, Apex clipons - Superlite 44t Rear & 15t C/S - 520 ERV3 Gold Chain - Gear Indicator - Graves Full Exh - Ivanized ECU - Hyper Pro Damper - Annitori QS - Graves Stacks - BMC Filter/Airbox Mod - Brembo RCS19 - 1/6 R6 throttle - ZG DB Screen.
AFM674 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 08:09 AM   #22
jh4016

How is the camera mounted?
jh4016 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 10:44 AM   #23
JohnnyLfromCT
MILF bait

Quote:
Originally Posted by jh4016 View Post
Well.
Old 05-16-2013, 01:10 PM   #24
jh4016

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyLfromCT View Post
Well.

Ok, where, and on the bike is not an acceptable answer..
jh4016 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 05:21 AM   #25
AFM674

Location: Santa Cruz, Ca-New Gen3 17' FZ10-trick already, but big mods are coming. My FZ1 smokes it right now.
How is camera mounted

Quote:
Originally Posted by jh4016 View Post

It's mounted on the lower bolt hole that held on that ugly plastic radiator cover. I was experimenting with different angles. This angle shows how well the race tech forks are working.

09' FZ1
Mods:CRG Levers - Sargent Seats - SS Lines F&R - EBC R Rotor - Vesrah XX Pads - Braking SK2 Frt Rotors - Ohlins Shock - 08 R1 forks - K-Tech 24SSRK C & R Valves - Vortex R/Sets, Apex clipons - Superlite 44t Rear & 15t C/S - 520 ERV3 Gold Chain - Gear Indicator - Graves Full Exh - Ivanized ECU - Hyper Pro Damper - Annitori QS - Graves Stacks - BMC Filter/Airbox Mod - Brembo RCS19 - 1/6 R6 throttle - ZG DB Screen.

Last edited by AFM674; 09-13-2013 at 10:21 PM. Reason: clearer explanation
Old 05-17-2013, 05:44 PM   #26
TheRepairMan
2006 to 2017 & SOLD!

Nice vid! It started out kinda slow, but you really started cooking about 13 min in. There's sure not much room for error. I kinda got puckered up seeing all the gravel, reflectors, and cracks. It's seen better days, condition wise.

Last Summer, I was pushing up somewhere near my faster paces on a mountain road here ...thought I was going pretty darn fast, but comfortable, and an R1 passed me like I was going backwards.

His draft almost made me miss my line into the last turn I saw him in. I slowed down to see if he possibly didn't make it up the mountain and went over the side, but five minutes later I see him parked at a store with his leathers off already. Just further proof I needn't even try.

Y'all be careful out there. I might be in your way!

-R

Dielectric grease information, IMPORTANT! http://www.yamahafz1oa.com/forum/sho...3&postcount=42

Ignition coil information, FYI. http://www.yamahafz1oa.com/forum/sho...0&postcount=26
TheRepairMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 10:35 PM   #27
AFM674

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRepairMan View Post
Nice vid! It started out kinda slow, but you really started cooking about 13 min in. There's sure not much room for error. I kinda got puckered up seeing all the gravel, reflectors, and cracks. It's seen better days, condition wise.

Last Summer, I was pushing up somewhere near my faster paces on a mountain road here ...thought I was going pretty darn fast, but comfortable, and an R1 passed me like I was going backwards.

His draft almost made me miss my line into the last turn I saw him in. I slowed down to see if he possibly didn't make it up the mountain and went over the side, but five minutes later I see him parked at a store with his leathers off already. Just further proof I needn't even try.

Y'all be careful out there. I might be in your way!

-R
Thanks RepairMan,

Yes...you should always ride within your limits and keep an eye in that mirror for the crazy guy on the R1

09' FZ1
Old 05-30-2013, 10:22 AM   #28
PJFZ1
Doing the jig!

Looks to be a fun road, though a bit rough. It's great when you've got a group of similiar skill to ride with.

I'm always leery of posting/sharing fast videos, because there's some kid out there with his new Gixxah! and the forums and salesman said it was the fastest thing there is.. and well, he can do that...

I'd insert something witty here, but just don't have it at the moment.. add bourbon and please stand by!

sportbikes4hire.com

http://www.sportbikes4hireshop.com/
PJFZ1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 08:12 PM   #29
jff_stvns

That road is really better suited for motards, I really almost ate shit really bad on that road. there are parts in the beginning if you leave the rode you are very ****ed, you will wish you had wings. That road has claimed many a rider and has alot of debri on it. The closer you get to the cafe it get's better. I don't like mines really, I much rather do Berryessa any day of the week actually the week days are the best no traffic or cops.

Last edited by jff_stvns; 06-23-2013 at 06:56 PM.
jff_stvns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 07:45 PM   #30
aforrest4

It is vids like this that make me miss my silver Gen 1!!!

They are the bestest and the fastest!
Old 08-18-2013, 02:27 PM   #31
heavyhauler1
i dont understand

well i cant think of a better way to use up my first post, nice ride! just got my fz1 a week ago and it has jumped to the top of my favorite bikes list, and ive owned many from beemers to blackbirds, i just cant find a fault with the bike yet, its just happy doing everything,
brian
heavyhauler1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 12:24 AM   #32
AFM674

Quote:
Originally Posted by heavyhauler1 View Post
well i cant think of a better way to use up my first post, nice ride! just got my fz1 a week ago and it has jumped to the top of my favorite bikes list, and ive owned many from beemers to blackbirds, i just cant find a fault with the bike yet, its just happy doing everything,
brian
Glad your loving the FZ...get a few basic mods done and you'll really see a whole new beast. I put the lower bar risers on and rotated the stock bars done just a tad. I love the position, but I'm sure I could find some other bars that might feel a little better. I decided to put the money into a $50.00 09' R6 shock. It's sorted out pretty good, but it needs a few more minor engine/breathing mods to perk it up a few more ponies. I always wanted a blackbird and a RC51. I plan on getting them eventually and seeing if I will keep one of them for long term. I'm on my 2nd Gen1 FZ and I'm keeping this until it needs a RavenRider engine overhaul. Love this bike!!!

09' FZ1
Old 08-26-2013, 05:28 PM   #33
heavyhauler1
i dont understand

Quote:
Originally Posted by AFM674 View Post
Glad your loving the FZ...get a few basic mods done and you'll really see a whole new beast. I put the lower bar risers on and rotated the stock bars done just a tad. I love the position, but I'm sure I could find some other bars that might feel a little better. I decided to put the money into a $50.00 09' R6 shock. It's sorted out pretty good, but it needs a few more minor engine/breathing mods to perk it up a few more ponies. I always wanted a blackbird and a RC51. I plan on getting them eventually and seeing if I will keep one of them for long term. I'm on my 2nd Gen1 FZ and I'm keeping this until it needs a RavenRider engine overhaul. Love this bike!!!
fyi, RC51, wonderful bike, one of my favorites, way to focused for the street, great for a sunday ride to hear the beutiful sound of sato's filling the air, blackbird,, perfect, loved mine, miss mine, turns like a truck, but an expierenced rider can make do, get her on the smooth winding road and it is pure magic, turbine smooth and sneaky fast, the one bike i wish never left, head to head with the fz?,, at this point in my life i am really liking the fz, every bit as fast to triple digits, but it handles and is comfy,,the bird did one thing very well and that was go stupid fast in a straight line with no drama,, i toured all over with mine!
heavyhauler1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 11:06 PM   #34
AFM674

Quote:
Originally Posted by heavyhauler1 View Post
fyi, RC51, wonderful bike, one of my favorites, way to focused for the street, great for a sunday ride to hear the beutiful sound of sato's filling the air, blackbird,, perfect, loved mine, miss mine, turns like a truck, but an expierenced rider can make do, get her on the smooth winding road and it is pure magic, turbine smooth and sneaky fast, the one bike i wish never left, head to head with the fz?,, at this point in my life i am really liking the fz, every bit as fast to triple digits, but it handles and is comfy,,the bird did one thing very well and that was go stupid fast in a straight line with no drama,, i toured all over with mine!
Check out the comfortable very sporty VFR800 in the link below. These handle very well, but they just needed some more power. I owned (3) Interceptors, but I never had a sleeper like this black one with 173 rwhp. Just add some RC51 forks and you've got got a beast on your hands. I sold my 02' to a friend for $2200.00 add the kit and you've got a rocket for 7 or 8k. This guy did a great job building this kit. FZ1 Super Charged? I think not...08' R1 forks...you bet. I do like my FZ1 better than most of the bikes I've owned. I just need to get it tuned really well and throw some light weight wheels and the R1 front end. Some might say why not just buy a Gen2. I like the Gen2, and I will more than likely get one sooner or later. I just plain like the looks better on the Gen1. Not to mention I've spank some good riders on better bikes with this old boy. Later,

http://www.aaperf.com/

http://www.vfrdiscussion.com/forum/i...ro#entry734610

09' FZ1
Old 01-25-2014, 07:01 AM   #35
aforrest4

I live for roads like that!
Old 01-25-2014, 08:35 AM   #36
FJRacer
R.I.P

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by aforrest4 View Post
I live for roads like that!
+1 And thankfully SE Ohio has plenty! Actually some scarier. The triple nickle for example.
Old 01-25-2014, 08:16 PM   #37
aforrest4

You know it is funny. I still have only railed that in a rentalcar. Still need to get the bike over there. I didn't ride the street much in 2013. But I raced all around the central and east coast.
Old 01-27-2014, 08:31 AM   #38
FJRacer
R.I.P

Quote:
You know it is funny. I still have only railed that in a rentalcar. Still need to get the bike over there. I didn't ride the street much in 2013. But I raced all around the central and east coast.
Guess you noticed the 555 is NOT the safest pavement. Some very treacherous gravel and unpredictable curves on the other side of rises.
There are numerous more enjoyable roads in the area. Not to mention across the River in W. Va. And closer to you, N. Ky. has some tight narrow curves.
Old 01-31-2014, 11:20 AM   #39
Dean Dinnetz

Glad to see that R6R shock is still working well for you.
Looks like a fun road. Been many years since i have ridden it, however.
Nice camera work, also.
Dean
Dean Dinnetz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 01:14 PM   #40
AFM674

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean Dinnetz View Post
Glad to see that R6R shock is still working well for you.
Looks like a fun road. Been many years since i have ridden it, however.
Nice camera work, also.
Thanks Dean, That is the best mod for the money you can do to a Gen1. I'm getting ready to finally revalve & service the shock. I've put about 18-20k hard miles on it. Still seems to be working well, but I want it dialed in a little better. I'm putting a stiffer spring on the back to accommodate the much heavier weight of the FZ over the R6. I started out on the stiffest setting number (9) on the spring preload and It worked real good when ridden hard. Yes, it was stiff when just putting around town. I've since backed it off to number 7/8. Apparently I have mine set stiffer than most. Phil at After Shocks was having a tough time getting the sag right and said he needed to have preload set to maximum. He said it might need a collar or something. I need to call him to clarify and also consult some other suspension gurus. 08' R1 forks will be my next big mod...bad news for those young guys on gixxers...Ha! Ha!

Quote:
It is vids like this that make me miss my silver Gen 1!!!

They are the bestest and the fastest!
Yes...it is one hell of a good all around bike. I might not be at the front of a local A group trackday with all the modern sportbikes and racers out practicing for the next round, but it wouldn't be far behind when I get it set up right and tuned properly. Probably my all time favorite bike.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jff_stvns View Post
That road is really better suited for motards, I really almost ate shit really bad on that road. there are parts in the beginning if you leave the rode you are very ****ed, you will wish you had wings. That road has claimed many a rider and has alot of debri on it. The closer you get to the cafe it get's better. I don't like mines really, I much rather do Berryessa any day of the week actually the week days are the best no traffic or cops.
I personally think roads like Berryessa etc are fun, but don't really challenge me that much. I haven't ridden it yet, but plan on checking it out this summer. As far as Mines Road being a motard road...I would disagree. Sure I've hit a big rock with the front wheel while leaned over at about 70-80 mph. I didn't see it...I was looking through the corner. Yes, you can crash on this road on any bike...including motards. One again I like the challenge of a difficult road over a smooth road with perfect pavement and long sweepers. It's kind of like riding Laguna Seca or Daytona. I would like Daytona, but I'd really enjoy Laguna Seca and It's challenges a lot more. Happy riding everyone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PJFZ1 View Post
Looks to be a fun road, though a bit rough. It's great when you've got a group of similiar skill to ride with.

I'm always leery of posting/sharing fast videos, because there's some kid out there with his new Gixxah! and the forums and salesman said it was the fastest thing there is.. and well, he can do that...

I really doubt a video on youtube is going to be at fault for some kid buying a sportbike and going out and crashing. Actually, it could be beneficial if he was noticing that I'm staying in my lane almost all the time and I'm not making bonzi passes up the inside of my fellow riders. I've worked at a lot of bike shops over the years in parts and sales. I had a kid with his parents wanting to buy a gixxer 750/1000 and I talked him into getting a 600. I couldn't convince him to start on the sv650. He still wound up crashing his pretty new 08' gixxer 600...not because he watched a video. He just didn't have the common sense needed to ride motorcycles. I remember talking to him and i just had a feeling he was going to get himself into trouble on a motorcycle. Now all those stunt videos doing wheelies between cars at 100 mph with t-shirts on might attract and invite more bad behavior than my videos. They show the cute girls sitting around and the guys wanting to show off how they can stand up on the tank with jeans and a t-shirt then brag and show off the road rash to the girls. I would say the Isle of Man being televised on TV is worse...just saying. Thanks for the comment PJ

09' FZ1

Last edited by AFM674; 06-10-2014 at 10:09 PM.

Go Back   FZ1OA Message Board > FZ1 & Fazer Owners Association > Members Video and Photo Forum