click here for fz1oa web site home page
register a new account, it's free!
email the fz1oa webmasters
read the fz1oa guidelines
read the fz1oa policy
open pat's fz1 site in a new window
open iowaz fz1 site in a new window
technical tips

Go Back   FZ1OA Message Board > FZ1 & Fazer Owners Association > Exhausts, Carburetion & Performance > Gen 2 Exhausts, Fueling & Performance

Old 05-27-2016, 05:19 AM   #461
thegutterpoet

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyW View Post
Can't help on the map for now, but once you get the reflash, Ivan will provide maps that are good for your mods. Custom tune won't really be necessary.
Cheers for responding so promptly, Andy! I added the same mods to my order with motomummy who provide a map with the PC V. So I will go with that once I get the PC V. Wait until I have the ECU flashed and then ponder this TPS routine, which seems perhaps beyond my ken to do myself! I am fully new to the PC realm, and yet have fathomed that I can find some performance improvement with the PC V alone and my GYTR and K and N?
thegutterpoet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2016, 06:44 AM   #462
AndyW
Dumbass with a full PM inbox..

Yes, as the stock fueling is very lean for emissions purposes. More fuel - better.

It won't rip your hands off but you'd want a full system for that.

Which would you prefer?
AndyW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2016, 08:42 AM   #463
Duken4evr
Map Maven

Ivans mapping really is amazing. It is not included in the map pack per Ivan's wishes, but it is the best and smoothest I have tried. Messed with some of the settings as I like to tinker, it lost the buttery (engine vibration) smoothness. Ivan's map is as smooth as it gets. Ivan has a different approach, but it works.

Next to the Ivan map, my fav is the JonDaddy82 map. Gets good gas mileage and it rips. It is not as glass smooth like Ivan's settings though. The is with Ivan's ECU flash.

Wise man said - "Don't go bagger too soon".

Get your FI maps right here:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/nr...1_Map_Pack.zip

Akra full exhaust mindless stationary rev out Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w5UNYBqHd7M
Duken4evr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2016, 05:04 AM   #464
fz1black

Last edited by fz1black; 09-15-2016 at 07:11 AM.
fz1black is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2016, 11:24 AM   #465
CBR6RRRider

Maps are still relevant.
CBR6RRRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2016, 12:49 PM   #466
Gamecock
Retro Goodness!

Based of my experience existing maps (depending on mods) will definitely get you in the ballpark of tuning, but to me a custom map with lots of runs and a great tuner is the only way to go....worth the money IMHO.

I won't knock other's maps, etc....but I was able to get my bike running MUCH better with custom mapping. I've said it before, no two bikes are exactly alike and conditions change (temp, humidity, altitude) for a "one size fits all" scenario.

To those dead souls inching along the freeways in their metal coffins,...... ..we show them that the human spirit is still alive.

Last edited by Gamecock; 06-02-2016 at 01:18 PM.
Gamecock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2016, 09:03 PM   #467
fz1black

Last edited by fz1black; 09-15-2016 at 07:11 AM.
fz1black is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2016, 09:06 PM   #468
hotcam

Disconnect O2 sensor. No plug needed.

FZR1040 Track: Racetech/Ohlins susp, Brembo/ Bluspot/HEL/radial brakes, forged pistons, compressed 12.7:1, Burgess head, Hallam block, Moriwaki 4-1, FP Carbs, MSD MC3+ Ignition, K+N.

FZ-1S sleeper:Full fairing, tall screen, hard bags, Airbox mod+BMC, FPro Velocity Stacks, PC3+Ign Mod (Duke map), Cut Short Yoshi TRC 4-2-1, Barnett clutch, SpeedoHealer.
hotcam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2016, 04:31 AM   #469
thegutterpoet

I installed the PC V today, though have the routing of the wiring a little haphazard so may revisit. I adjusted the map found on the PC website for Graves slip on with stock or aftermarket exhaust, just took 3 of every number, then sent it to the PC via laptop. No chance to yet notice any difference. Though I have a couple of questions!

Is that dyno site Graves slip-on Stage 1 map a good fit for my set-up of 09 FZ1, GYTR slip-on, K and N air filter? Or should I use the Stage 1 map included in the map pack on here?

The map seemed to have many '-' figures, so less fuel at certain rpm, yet positive numbers elsewhere. I will only know if I can feel any difference tomorrow when I head for a decent ride. Are there any other maps I can play with for my set-up?

Main reason I got the PC is that I am planning on getting Ivan's ECU flash in September. And it seemed a good deal. But what difference, if any, will the Graves Slip-on stage 1 map make to the performance or running of the bike?

Is it essential for me to run through the TPS, speed and gear calibration? And should I adjust Start Up fuel?
thegutterpoet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2016, 04:58 AM   #470
DOCDOOM

I think it's worth a try to check out the tps calibration. Mine had a slight hesitation from 0% to 50% at low rpm. This was only noticeable from rolling at 1.5k to about 2,250k. I calibrated and while it was a pain and had to be running the correct firmware to make the ups actually read it seemed to clean it up a bit. But if anyone has a suggestion to make that low rpm response crisper please chime in. Ivan has a good procedure written out. Like always write your open and close points down before changing anything!!! All in all if you are already happy with it maybe leave it alone....I just can't help myself I have to mess with everything

Quote:
Originally Posted by thegutterpoet View Post
I installed the PC V today, though have the routing of the wiring a little haphazard so may revisit. I adjusted the map found on the PC website for Graves slip on with stock or aftermarket exhaust, just took 3 of every number, then sent it to the PC via laptop. No chance to yet notice any difference. Though I have a couple of questions!

Is that dyno site Graves slip-on Stage 1 map a good fit for my set-up of 09 FZ1, GYTR slip-on, K and N air filter? Or should I use the Stage 1 map included in the map pack on here?

The map seemed to have many '-' figures, so less fuel at certain rpm, yet positive numbers elsewhere. I will only know if I can feel any difference tomorrow when I head for a decent ride. Are there any other maps I can play with for my set-up?

Main reason I got the PC is that I am planning on getting Ivan's ECU flash in September. And it seemed a good deal. But what difference, if any, will the Graves Slip-on stage 1 map make to the performance or running of the bike?

Is it essential for me to run through the TPS, speed and gear calibration? And should I adjust Start Up fuel?
Old 02-10-2017, 12:01 PM   #471
flyboyy

can I use these maps on a juicebox pro ?
Old 02-15-2017, 05:14 AM   #472
PeteS

My bike has the Stage II setup with Ivan's flash. Can I use Stage III maps because the flash keeps the flies open?
PeteS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2019, 02:08 PM   #473
SkidPants

JonDaddy82 map in the Stage 3

People keep talking about the JonDaddy82 map, but I fail to find where to down load it, guidance would be much appreciated!
SkidPants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2019, 02:49 PM   #474
Duken4evr
Map Maven

Wow, this thread has resurfaced

You can download the map pack under my signature line.

Akra full exhaust mindless stationary rev out Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w5UNYBqHd7M
Old 04-30-2019, 03:32 PM   #475
SkidPants

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duken4evr View Post
Wow, this thread has resurfaced

You can download the map pack under my signature line.
yep, I finally found someone who said I had to turn on signatures...so after finding that I found your download! Thanks a bunch!

I just received my Ivan flash/map, but was thinking of using that for more aggressive and maybe it sounds like the JonDaddy one would be more for highway use. Is that something you would find good for something close to dual maps on the fly?
SkidPants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2019, 07:36 AM   #476
Duken4evr
Map Maven

I have run both, the JD map is great, but it is smoother vibration wise with Ivan's settings, especially with the ECU flash. The JD map is fun though, revs hard

Never really noticed too much difference in fuel economy between maps. As they say, your mileage may vary!

Old 06-10-2019, 11:34 PM   #477
bnr54

Duken4evr
Hello from Russia!
Can you please suggest map from your map pack MIVV GP slip-on, K&N(filterbox mod), gutted cut.
Didn't found JD map for stage 2

Thanks in advance!
bnr54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2019, 06:43 AM   #478
Duken4evr
Map Maven

Give the JonDaddy82 map in the stage 3 folder a try. His bike had a slip on and gutted cat.

Old 06-12-2019, 11:24 PM   #479
bnr54

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duken4evr View Post
Give the JonDaddy82 map in the stage 3 folder a try. His bike had a slip on and gutted cat.
Hi, thank you
Bike acting a little bit strange on this map. Idle is about 1100... and delay between opening throttle and bike reaction is bigger...
I tried HM-racing(stage 2), and liked it more.. but dont know how about mileage on this one)
Maybe issue in my ECU(its from 2006 version), my original japaneese was 2011 and it was smoother and more agile on 0-4000 rpm range
bnr54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2019, 07:19 AM   #480
Duken4evr
Map Maven

Another option is to tinker a bit and see how the bike responds. I used to pull over and adjust the fueling with the buttons on the side of the road richer and leaner, and see how it affected the bike. Mostly focused on the low RPM range doing this. After finding something that seemed to be an improvement, I went in and changed the cells a few percent in the map using my laptop. Don't worry, you won't blow anything up

Have not played with my bike's mapping in years. It really does run tits perfect on Ivan's settings. Tried leaning them out a bit and it buzzed more. Put it back and it is smooth as glass again. That salty old dude does know what he is doing.

Go Back   FZ1OA Message Board > FZ1 & Fazer Owners Association > Exhausts, Carburetion & Performance > Gen 2 Exhausts, Fueling & Performance