click here for fz1oa web site home page
register a new account, it's free!
email the fz1oa webmasters
read the fz1oa guidelines
read the fz1oa policy
open pat's fz1 site in a new window
open iowaz fz1 site in a new window
technical tips

Go Back   FZ1OA Message Board > FZ1 & Fazer Owners Association > General Motorcycle Discussion

Old 05-18-2020, 07:35 AM   #1061
bradd
Working away

I had the FZ out on Saturday and also the BMW.
I am really needing a big long road trip.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_7338.jpg (270.3 KB, 60 views)
Old 05-27-2020, 08:14 PM   #1062
Longboardr
Gone to the dirt side

Mounted a set of grips on the young man's bike today. Tried hand sanitizer instead of hair spray this time. I liked that it stays liquid without rushing like I'd have to do with hair spray. I'd hoped it would lube better but it was about the same.

'05 Liquid Silver FZ1: Traxxion Springs/Axxion Valves • R6R Shock • Multi-Gauge V7.1 • '00-'01 R1 Shift Arm • Soupys Adjustable Bones • Devilsyam Frame Plugs • Convertibars • Oxford Heaterz with Symtec control • GYT-R CF Slip On • Fren Tubo SS Brake Lines • Brembo Pads • Fehling Case Guards • Ninja 250 Highway Pegs • Pyramid Hugger • Sargent Seat • FIAMM 72112 Freeway Blaster Horn • Vista Cruise Throttle Lock • The2wheels Shorty Levers • Axio Tail Bag •
Longboardr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2020, 08:48 PM   #1063
grommet
kinetic mentality

Pledge. Just a light spray to go on easy, then it disappears and they are locked on tight.

Partly stabilized, partly curious.

Be your own man; don't be an owned man.

Some people would rather be dead than wrong.
grommet is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2020, 08:58 PM   #1064
grommet
kinetic mentality

Did post-ride checkups on the KLX after the AZBDR.

Checked oil, cleaned chain, replaced the front brake line, connected the speedometer input to the Vapor gauge (duh, it didn't work because it wasn't plugged in), JB welded the Ram mount balls in the mirror mounts, checked subframe for cracks. All good.

I also calibrated the Vapor gauge speedometer using phone and the gaiagps app. At 7500 rpm it's only going 57mph. 13/48 gearing is very low. I have a 14T sprocket I think I'll put on. That will bump it up to 62 @ 7500rpm. Screaming.

Old 05-28-2020, 05:08 AM   #1065
Longboardr
Gone to the dirt side

Quote:
Originally Posted by grommet View Post
Pledge. Just a light spray to go on easy, then it disappears and they are locked on tight.
Does the dried Pledge add to the stick?
'05 Liquid Silver FZ1: Traxxion Springs/Axxion Valves • R6R Shock • Multi-Gauge V7.1 • '00-'01 R1 Shift Arm • Soupys Adjustable Bones • Devilsyam Frame Plugs • Convertibars • Oxford Heaterz with Symtec control • GYT-R CF Slip On • Fren Tubo SS Brake Lines • Brembo Pads • Fehling Case Guards • Ninja 250 Highway Pegs • Pyramid Hugger • Sargent Seat • FIAMM 72112 Freeway Blaster Horn • Vista Cruise Throttle Lock • The2wheels Shorty Levers • Axio Tail Bag •
Old 05-28-2020, 08:01 AM   #1066
grommet
kinetic mentality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longboardr View Post
Does the dried Pledge add to the stick?
Not sure about that but it locks them on tight. Just don't use too much, or it takes longer to stick.

Old 05-28-2020, 08:30 AM   #1067
Longboardr
Gone to the dirt side

Quote:
Originally Posted by grommet View Post
Not sure about that but it locks them on tight. Just don't use too much, or it takes longer to stick.
I'm always looking for more stick without leaving something on that's too hard to take off like epoxy. That's why I've been using the cheapest hair spray I could get my hands on. I use safety wire too, but they sometimes still spin.
Old 05-28-2020, 03:13 PM   #1068
Dicko
Way more sport than tourer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longboardr View Post
I'm always looking for more stick without leaving something on that's too hard to take off like epoxy. That's why I've been using the cheapest hair spray I could get my hands on. I use safety wire too, but they sometimes still spin.
This is why I went to lock on grips on all my motor and mountain bikes. I used to use hairspray and zip ties, but on my downhill bikes the grips still moved. lock on grips for the win. Oury and Odi do great lock on grips. My preference is Oury for comfort, but I run Rizoma lock on grips on my FZ1.
Brembo 16mm Radial MC, ASV short Levers, Brembo GP4-RX calipers, Hell braided lines, R1 Fender, Ohlins FGRT 206 forks, Ohlins shock (tuned - Racebike Services), Marchesini rims, Vortex 48t sprocket, Arrow Headers - Micron GP slipon, tailtidy, Rizoma (risers, conical bars, Lux grips, bar ends, 744 mirrors, fluid reservoir, Rev rearsets/B Pro pegs), Speedo healer, BMC filter, AIS Block off, PCV (tuned - Neville Lush Racing), Pirelli DR III, Ivan's ECU, GF-Design LED Blinkers, DID gold chain
Dicko is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   FZ1OA Message Board > FZ1 & Fazer Owners Association > General Motorcycle Discussion