click here for fz1oa web site home page
register a new account, it's free!
email the fz1oa webmasters
read the fz1oa guidelines
read the fz1oa policy
open pat's fz1 site in a new window
open iowaz fz1 site in a new window
technical tips

Go Back   FZ1OA Message Board > FZ1 & Fazer Owners Association > Parts & Accessories > Gen 2 Parts & Accessories

Old 01-11-2016, 09:15 PM   #21
Blanchy

No I had never played with locks before. I'll see if I can dig out the thread.
09 FZ1S Retro Kit, Fender Elimin, Watsen Design Fr Signals, FZ8 Bars, EvoTech Exh Hanger, CF Heal Pads and Chain guard. Bar End Mirrors. JDA Custom Mirror Block offs. Edrive Spoiler. Gipro X Integ' Gear Pos Ind. Goodridge Braided Brake Lines. Projector HID lights with Angel eyes. Led Pod turn signals. Odax Tach Dial, Top Sellerie Seat, Ohlins Shock, CF Fenda Extenda, Yoshi Full R77 Carbon System, Graves Smog Plates, PCV & Autotune, Heated Grips. Rostra Electronic Cruise Control.
Blanchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2016, 09:45 PM   #22
Blanchy

Can't find the original "How To" but this Video shows how simple these locks are.

https://youtu.be/XmszrJxR0LM

Once you have it apart, Put the new key aside somewhere (I managed to re key back to the new key) Put your old key in and see if you can just reorganise the wafers. If not, you can just file down the problem one that sticks out.
09 FZ1S Retro Kit, Fender Elimin, Watsen Design Fr Signals, FZ8 Bars, EvoTech Exh Hanger, CF Heal Pads and Chain guard. Bar End Mirrors. JDA Custom Mirror Block offs. Edrive Spoiler. Gipro X Integ' Gear Pos Ind. Goodridge Braided Brake Lines. Projector HID lights with Angel eyes. Led Pod turn signals. Odax Tach Dial, Top Sellerie Seat, Ohlins Shock, CF Fenda Extenda, Yoshi Full R77 Carbon System, Graves Smog Plates, PCV & Autotune, Heated Grips. Rostra Electronic Cruise Control.
Blanchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2016, 08:32 AM   #23
terdog
RIDE OR DIE

I have had this for yrs now and it works well. I leave them unlocked for "quickies". Keeps the helmet from the "bird droppings" syndrome.

http://www.helmetguardian.com/
terdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2019, 11:38 PM   #24
guiri

Hi guys, as a long time use of the Helmet Hook (I was prolly one of the first to use one). I thought I'd address some of your questions and concerns and I may even post a helmet hook review somewhere here later on.

Naked rider

The helmet hook will NOT affect the handling.

The purpose is and always was to give you a simple and easy to reach place to hang your helmet while you
are stopped at a gas station or other place. If you have a frame mounted helmet hook, you still usually have to unlock
and life the seat and then unlock the helmet hook. If you think this is worth it so you can save the price of a couple of burgers
that of course is your choice.

Cougar8000
Safer from what?

Bird droppings? I've never had any bird droppings on my bike and the chances of them hitting
the helmet are pretty damn small.

Sammax, what do you think of it?

bewarethefuzz
Arai warns about hanging the lid on mirrors as it will impact the liner.

thepopularjock
I've seen people putting it on their cases with a fender bolt and then screwed to the case.

JLG
The Kuryakin is 3x the cost or more and the worse part is that you have to UNLOCK it, take out
the T bracket and then put the helmet on again and finally lock it.
Also, I think it ONLY works with D rings as it needs something to slip through.
guiri is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   FZ1OA Message Board > FZ1 & Fazer Owners Association > Parts & Accessories > Gen 2 Parts & Accessories