click here for fz1oa web site home page
register a new account, it's free!
email the fz1oa webmasters
read the fz1oa guidelines
read the fz1oa policy
open pat's fz1 site in a new window
open iowaz fz1 site in a new window
technical tips

Go Back   FZ1OA Message Board > FZ1 & Fazer Owners Association > Exhausts, Carburetion & Performance > Gen 1 Exhausts, Carburetion & Performance

Old 05-28-2019, 08:07 AM   #161
rdcusmc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schlumpf View Post
Excellent job, Ron!

To make it perfect, let me know if you consider to modify the multi gauge to handle the lager content. I have a software with extended configuration capability.
Christian! Great to hear from you!! Thank you for your compliments on the new tank. I'm still having trouble with my MG and was just talking to Patrick about replacing it since mine is an older model. If you think a software upgrade would be helpful I would very much like to have that conversation. And yes, I would like to adjust the gauge to handle the larger contents well.

Ron

2003 Blue FZ1 - Ivan's MB Jet kit, Akrapovic, GOEC w/remote and GPS, 07 R1 fork conversion w/6 pot brakes, R1 master cylinder, R1 rear wheel w/R6 caliper, Penske shock, Dirt Road seat, AIS removed, HID and LED lights, full Givi luggage, Galfer lines, chain oiler, Rizoma bar, cat-eye turn signals above headlights, grip heaters, factory lower fairings, air box mod w/high flow filter, Cometic thin head gasket, FazerPhil large gas tank mod.
rdcusmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2019, 09:53 AM   #162
Schlumpf

Of course, let's talk offline about how to get this done.

Just a quick outlook. The menu got an additional settings screen. The tank characteristics can be defined by 10 points, and interpolation in between. Gives no advantage for normal tanks, but would be perfect for your case.
Schlumpf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2019, 11:52 AM   #163
theunderfighter
Resident Beer Snob

Looking great dude! I agree that without a side-by-side, no one would ever notice it to be different.
theunderfighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2019, 03:26 PM   #164
rdcusmc

Range update: So far, 240 miles on this tank without refill. I'll keep going and report out.

Ron

2003 Blue FZ1 - Ivan's MB Jet kit, Akrapovic, GOEC w/remote and GPS, 07 R1 fork conversion w/6 pot brakes, R1 master cylinder, R1 rear wheel w/R6 caliper, Penske shock, Dirt Road seat, AIS removed, HID and LED lights, full Givi luggage, Galfer lines, chain oiler, Rizoma bar, cat-eye turn signals above headlights, grip heaters, factory lower fairings, air box mod w/high flow filter, Cometic thin head gasket, FazerPhil large gas tank mod.
Old 05-30-2019, 07:03 PM   #165
CasuallyAggressive

Looks excellent!
CasuallyAggressive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2019, 05:33 AM   #166
isleoman

If you got a small retractable hose you could be the KC-135 StratoTanker of group rides.

What would really be slick would be refueling other bikes in motion with an extendable boom. Especially if that boom was coming out the back of an angry Bee paint job.

Great job on the finished project.
isleoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2019, 05:51 AM   #167
rdcusmc

So much imagine. So many options. So little time

Thanks for the props!

Ron

Old 06-03-2019, 04:14 PM   #168
rdcusmc

UPDATE:
I finally ran the tank to near empty, stopping at 282 miles and filling up. I put 6.4 gallons in the tank for 44 mpg in mixed driving. I had a third of a gallon left.

So that pretty much tells the tale. Happy to answer questions if anyone has any.

Best,
Ron

Old 06-14-2019, 04:12 PM   #169
rdcusmc

Just wanted to give an update now that I've been using the tank for a few weeks and one long trip. Long story short - I love it! Even more than I expected. The extra range is stupid welcomed and pays off in daily/weekly use as well as long trips. I just made 700 miles round trip this week and loved it.

Anyway, still all good here. Pricey to make but I love the mod and highly recommend it.

Best,
Ron

Last edited by rdcusmc; 06-15-2019 at 05:09 AM.
Old 06-15-2019, 06:00 AM   #170
AndyW
Dumbass with a full PM inbox..

Kewl.. wish we could have seen it in-person at the rally. And the owner, of course.

Which would you prefer?
AndyW is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2019, 06:14 AM   #171
rdcusmc

Dude
Thanks for that. I am still sick not to have made it.

Ron

Go Back   FZ1OA Message Board > FZ1 & Fazer Owners Association > Exhausts, Carburetion & Performance > Gen 1 Exhausts, Carburetion & Performance