click here for fz1oa web site home page
register a new account, it's free!
email the fz1oa webmasters
read the fz1oa guidelines
read the fz1oa policy
open pat's fz1 site in a new window
open iowaz fz1 site in a new window
technical tips

Go Back   FZ1OA Message Board > FZ1 & Fazer Owners Association > General Motorcycle Discussion

Old 10-24-2015, 11:07 AM   #861
Drew
Mighty Tonka!

Quote:
Originally Posted by clocklaw View Post
I believe that was Reese Bobby that MM misquoted
Could be, but MM was like 10 when that movie came out.
Old 10-24-2015, 12:46 PM   #862
alf

it is gonna rain tomorrow in Sepang!
alf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2015, 01:37 PM   #863
Bruce in Tucson

Quote:
Originally Posted by alf View Post
Say it ain't soooooo!
Bruce in Tucson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2015, 12:14 AM   #864
russperry

Pretty dirty move by Rossi - wonder if the powers that be will have the guts to do anything about it?
Old 10-25-2015, 01:01 AM   #865
alf

Quote:
Originally Posted by alf View Post
It was raining indeed!
Old 10-25-2015, 02:16 AM   #866
BigShred77

Quick question i havent seen them throw out their leg in braking for a turn like a flat tracker, is that to stretch or more wind resistance?
BigShred77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2015, 02:32 AM   #867
grommet
kinetic mentality

Wow. Rossi and Marquez duke it out, Marquez DNF and Rossi gets 3 penalty points, meaning he will start last in the next race.

And the VR title lead is down to 7 now as well, with JL finishing 2nd and VR 3rd.

Partly stabilized, partly curious.

Be your own man; don't be an owned man.

Some people would rather be dead than wrong.
grommet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2015, 03:46 AM   #868
aussie
Closet golf nut

A weak response by the powers that be imo.

Rossi should have been stripped of the points he got for finishing 3rd today. He's in a better points position than he would have been if he had finished behind Marquez, so where is the deterrent.

Is that move he pulled today something a GOAT would pull? Looked more like a dog act to me.
aussie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2015, 03:50 AM   #869
aussie
Closet golf nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigShred77 View Post
Quick question i havent seen them throw out their leg in braking for a turn like a flat tracker, is that to stretch or more wind resistance?
They've been doing it for about 10 years. Rossi started it and others followed the trend.
aussie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2015, 03:56 AM   #870
BigShred77

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussie View Post
They've been doing it for about 10 years. Rossi started it and others followed the trend.
Okay thanks, been out of the loop for some time. Just watched Malaysia, what a battle till the dreaded kick.
BigShred77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2015, 05:57 AM   #871
AZ dweller
Banned

Rossi: hard charger, aggressive, savvy, GOAT

Marquez: whiney bitch

Nothing else to say.
AZ dweller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2015, 06:40 AM   #872
Rttoys
insurance poor

I hope VR didn't screw himself with all this. Starting at the back of the pack for the final race is not going to be easy to get where he needs to win the championship.

'07 Yamaha FZ1- Micron GP slip-on, kitty gutted, Ivan's flies, Ivan's ECU programming, Exup eliminated, AIS blocked, air box mod, BMC filter, PCIII, synchronized throttle bodies, Corbin seat, Powerbronze screen, FZ6 Handlebars, Throttlemeister, Dunlop Q3

2009 Ducati Hypermotard
2014 Yamaha TW200
2013 Kawaski Ninja 300
2018 Honda Grom 125

FZ1- exhaust sound clip
2012 Honda Fury sound clip

CMRA #982
Rttoys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2015, 08:32 AM   #873
Drew
Mighty Tonka!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussie View Post
A weak response by the powers that be imo.

Rossi should have been stripped of the points he got for finishing 3rd today. He's in a better points position than he would have been if he had finished behind Marquez, so where is the deterrent.

Is that move he pulled today something a GOAT would pull? Looked more like a dog act to me.
Seems like Rossi's "star power" has given him a pass with race direction several times over the years. I've watched Rossi progress since he entered MotoGP and was always an admirer of his skill and talent, but his recent tirades and personal attacks make him seem like a frustrated and bitter old man who resents other riders who do not bow down to his self-perceived entitlement.

From watching the "incident" it appears that Rossi chopped the throttle mid-corner after several glances directly at Marquez. Now his unprofessional-ism both on and off the track probably cost him the championship.

It's a bittersweet ending to a fantastic MotoGP season.
Old 10-25-2015, 09:13 AM   #874
Buckeye2wheeler

Incident aside, it sure looks like his mind game on MM worked, but unfortunately, Rossi to his succumbed to his own plan. He let his emotions get the better of him. But it sure looked as though MM fought Rossi ALOT harder than he fought JL. Rossi will have to have "Intimidator" sewn under his DOCTOR logo.
Buckeye2wheeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2015, 10:13 AM   #875
clocklaw

Probably should watch the "Helicopter" shot of the incident.
clocklaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2015, 10:38 AM   #876
alf

Quote:
Originally Posted by russperry View Post
Pretty dirty move by Rossi - wonder if the powers that be will have the guts to do anything about it?
Powers apparently caved to Honda instead. Their initial complain was not that Rossi did not accelerate as he normally would to but a silly " VR kicked 93".

That all only proves that Rossi's theory about 93 trying to disrupt him claiming a championship this year is really accurate.

I wonder who such disputes were resolved 10-15 years ago when the imaga capturing technology at that level simply did not exist ...
Old 10-25-2015, 10:51 AM   #877
Falcon 269
Just passing through

Don't see anything wrong with Race Direction's interpretation of the incident or the penalty they've awarded. More here:

https://motomatters.com/news/2015/10...alty_poin.html

Marquez' tactics were taken into account but Rossi's action directly lead to the contact and the subsequent crash. He didn't kick out, though ... his leg was knocked off the footpeg through the contact with Marquez' bar end.

This penalty hurts Rossi's title chances but doesn't kill them completely. Assuming he can fight his way through to finish 6th in Valencia - which is feasible, IMHO - Lorenzo has to finish second or win to take the title. Rossi 7th, Lorenzo 3rd would also give Lorenzo the crown on race wins.

What beats me is how Rossi allowed himself to be goaded into such irrational action. Marquez was clearly having problems on the brakes and couldn't run Rossi's pace. Lorenzo was long gone by the time that the incident occurred. If Rossi had waited, Marquez would have crashed or he could have passed and gapped him towards the end of the race.

It seems the pressure got to Rossi like it did back in 2006. He doesn't like Valencia and probably figured that Lorenzo is too fast for him there. In truth, Lorenzo has been consistently faster than Rossi all season, so if he wins the title he deserves it.

One last thought. How about that Dani Pedrosa guy? If Honda can sort their bike out next season, don't write him off just yet. Personally, I'd love it if he could win the title at least one time.
Old 10-25-2015, 12:17 PM   #878
Drew
Mighty Tonka!

Jorge Lorenzo, who I consider a professional and "clean" rider was pretty scathing in his comments against his teammate during the press conference. He said that most other riders would get a ride through penalty or black flag for a stunt like that. Of course he's in the hunt for the championship, but usually comes across as a pretty straight up guy.

http://www.crash.net/motogp/news/224...-his-name.html
Old 10-25-2015, 02:00 PM   #879
hotboot
pony boy carry me home

Rossi got lucky, that's a black flag park it asshole incedent to me. I lost some respect for VR46 today.
Rossi got bitchy at a press event Thursday and I don't know what was said. Tha announcers sure eluded to a verbal shit storm between VR and MM.

Yamaha will have to put up that separating wall to keep the two best GP riders from each other.

You get the best light from a burning bridge - Don Henley
Old 10-25-2015, 02:18 PM   #880
Rttoys
insurance poor

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotboot View Post
Rossi got lucky, that's a black flag park it asshole incedent to me. I lost some respect for VR46 today.
Rossi got bitchy at a press event Thursday and I don't know what was said. Tha announcers sure eluded to a verbal shit storm between VR and MM.
This was posted earlier this week about VR's remarks.
http://www.sportrider.com/motogp-ros...src=SOC&dom=fb

I'm not sure what to think about VR and MM actions. There are things they see that we don't. There are things I see from a race perspective that are not seen by the the non race guys and there is every camera angle, plus everything in between.

I just hope VR didn't completely screw his chance at the title he worked very hard for this season. It will not be easy to win it now. I also hope the kids on the playground get along well enough for 40 more minutes to finish this season.

'07 Yamaha FZ1- Micron GP slip-on, kitty gutted, Ivan's flies, Ivan's ECU programming, Exup eliminated, AIS blocked, air box mod, BMC filter, PCIII, synchronized throttle bodies, Corbin seat, Powerbronze screen, FZ6 Handlebars, Throttlemeister, Dunlop Q3

2009 Ducati Hypermotard
2014 Yamaha TW200
2013 Kawaski Ninja 300
2018 Honda Grom 125

FZ1- exhaust sound clip
2012 Honda Fury sound clip

CMRA #982
Rttoys is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   FZ1OA Message Board > FZ1 & Fazer Owners Association > General Motorcycle Discussion