click here for fz1oa web site home page
register a new account, it's free!
email the fz1oa webmasters
read the fz1oa guidelines
read the fz1oa policy
open pat's fz1 site in a new window
open iowaz fz1 site in a new window
technical tips

Go Back   FZ1OA Message Board > FZ1 & Fazer Owners Association > General Motorcycle Discussion

Old 10-30-2016, 12:33 PM   #1861
Yammieboy
Speedtrap Magnet

Who couldn't be happy for Dovi, including his fellow competitiors!
Yammieboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2016, 12:56 PM   #1862
stomp347

Moto 3 again.......wow.
stomp347 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2016, 05:04 AM   #1863
OldBiker

OMG, the carnage in Moto3, unbelievable.

Congrats to Dovi, a well deserved win.
OldBiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2016, 10:00 AM   #1864
ralphcor

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocShred View Post
Rossi secures second in world championship, go Yamaha!!
well probably yes. however if he DNF's, and Jlo gets 2nd he'll end up 2nd. stranger things have happened, even this year!
Old 10-31-2016, 10:32 AM   #1865
Torchsport
Deer Whisperer

I was glad to see Whore Hey admitted he lucked into 3rd place.
Old 10-31-2016, 11:04 AM   #1866
Yammieboy
Speedtrap Magnet

Quote:
Originally Posted by ralphcor View Post
well probably yes. however if he DNF's, and Jlo gets 2nd he'll end up 2nd. stranger things have happened, even this year!
JLo is behind VR by 28 points...so 2nd place in the championship is locked up by VR.
Old 10-31-2016, 11:36 AM   #1867
ralphcor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yammieboy View Post
JLo is behind VR by 28 points...so 2nd place in the championship is locked up by VR.
thanks for the correction!

wonder if Jlo's team advised him wrong, or he didn't know he'd be 3 points short
Old 10-31-2016, 01:11 PM   #1868
Bruce in Tucson

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocShred View Post
Rossi secures second in world championship, go Yamaha!!
And if Rossi hadn't had two (three?) DNF's and if Marquez would have started his crashing a couple of races earlier.....it would be a whole new ballgame. Still, congrats to Marquez and especially to Valentino; 2nd at 37 years old!
Bruce in Tucson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2016, 01:29 PM   #1869
WileECoyote
ACME Test Subject

Location: Bridgeville PA, its not Ten Cee but okay for now......
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce in Tucson View Post
And if Rossi hadn't had two (three?) DNF's and if Marquez would have started his crashing a couple of races earlier.....it would be a whole new ballgame. Still, congrats to Marquez and especially to Valentino; 2nd at 37 years old!
Somehow I get the feeling you think VR should be put out to pasture.

My long lost love.......1987 FZ700
WileECoyote is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2016, 01:45 PM   #1870
wompfox

An active motoGP thread! Awesome, I'm liking fz1oa!

Absolutely thrilled for Dovi. The total crashes in moto3 between this weekend and PI has to be some sort of record. These guys are just bowling now.

Hell of a weekend for Zarco. I feel like moto2 has been a little lackluster this year, but it seems like the best rider won
wompfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2016, 02:32 PM   #1871
organ donor

Quote:
Originally Posted by WileECoyote View Post
No, but you have to add a little extra accomplishment for a guy being consistently competitive all year long with guys almost half his age, 37 isn't old in regular people years, but it's way past your prime for professional athletes.
organ donor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2016, 03:32 PM   #1872
Yammieboy
Speedtrap Magnet

+1 on that...Valentino is usually not the outright fastest on any given weekend, but he sure knows how to make up for it in many other aspects, especially come Sunday. Between VR and the other 8 race winners, its been an incredibly exciting and entertaining MotoGP season, the best in many years. Who knows, maybe we'll have a 10th winner at Valencia. Next year is promising to be equally good with all of the team changes!

Last edited by Yammieboy; 10-31-2016 at 06:55 PM.
Old 10-31-2016, 04:32 PM   #1873
WileECoyote
ACME Test Subject

Location: Bridgeville PA, its not Ten Cee but okay for now......
I agree with both of you. I am a fan of VR simply because he has been around for so long. Some think he should retire, some thought he should've already. I'd like to see the guy go another 5 seasons. I highly doubt he will be sponsored that long.
Yes indeed, with all the changes in teams, it will be an interesting season.

My long lost love.......1987 FZ700
WileECoyote is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2016, 04:36 PM   #1874
hotboot
pony boy carry me home

Dovi deserved that, congrats on not crashing and stuff.

Moto 3 is rough, again. Competitive yes but somebody is going to die if you young bucks keep this up. You know rider meetings are intense in that class.

VR did well considering he smoked a set of SS brake rotors. WHo noticed the lever fully compressed ?

Lorenzo handed a podium, lucky bastard rode like an old woman. Probably the same rotors to blame.

Crash crash crash. Hot and humid,rain in torrents. Malaysia is consistent.

KTM will be allowed to bring the V4 screamer to Valencia, watch out world.
Old 10-31-2016, 04:36 PM   #1875
organ donor

I'm eagerly waiting in anticipation for VR's next helmet design. Hands down the coolest looking paint schemes through the years.
organ donor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2016, 04:42 PM   #1876
russperry

Since I've come to watching MotoGP in only the last few years, I missed out on Rossi's prime and so I'm not really a Rossi fan. I totally respect not only the lifetime body of work but also his desire and ability that still linger long after most others have given it up.

It's a shame he threw away a real chance last year - it sounds like he's made a living getting into people's heads but last year it seemed like it ricocheted and got back into his own leading to his epic meltdown.

It's hard to see how his chances to win a 10th will improve next year or beyond. Vinales looks like the real deal, so if Yamaha manages to put the best bike on the track next year I'd think that Vinales would be the guy to expect at the top of the heap. And of course you've got Marquez again who looks like he really grew up this year with only one DNF for the season.

I hope next season will be as good as this one - I've really enjoyed seeing different teams, bikes, and guys on the top step.
Old 10-31-2016, 05:16 PM   #1877
Bruce in Tucson

Quote:
Absolutely not, where do you get that out of my post?! Arguably the Greatest of all time and with a little more luck-and a lot at this level is luck- could have been in the hunt for the #1 plate this year. The fact that he missed winning the #1 plate and finished second last year by 5 points thru (admittedly) stupid behavior on his part & questionable decisions of DORNA/FIM, and that he finished second again this year with some bad luck, at 37 he's still very much competitive against the greatest riders in the world.
I hope someone steps up with the charm, charisma, competiveness of Valentino soon because after next year (when he is scheduled to retire) MotoGP will have a big sucking wound when he's done. Simply, he has been MotoGP for the last 10+ years.
Bruce in Tucson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2016, 05:20 PM   #1878
Dicko
Way more sport than tourer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce in Tucson View Post
Absolutely not, where do you get that out of my post?! Arguably the Greatest of all time and with a little more luck-and a lot at this level is luck- could have been in the hunt for the #1 plate this year. The fact that he missed winning the #1 plate and finished second last year by 5 points thru (admittedly) stupid behavior on his part & questionable decisions of DORNA/FIM, and that he finished second again this year with some bad luck, at 37 he's still very much competitive against the greatest riders in the world.
I hope someone steps up with the charm, charisma, competiveness of Valentino soon because after next year (when he is scheduled to retire) MotoGP will have a big sucking wound when he's done. Simply, he has been MotoGP for the last 10+ years.
Valentino has signed on for another 2 years. Next year will not be his last.
Brembo 16mm Radial MC, ASV short Levers, Brembo GP4-RX calipers, Hell braided lines, R1 Fender, Ohlins FGRT 206 forks, Ohlins shock (tuned - Racebike Services), Marchesini rims, Vortex 48t sprocket, Arrow Headers - Micron GP slipon, tailtidy, Rizoma (risers, conical bars, Lux grips, bar ends, 744 mirrors, fluid reservoir, Rev rearsets/B Pro pegs), Speedo healer, BMC filter, AIS Block off, PCV (tuned - Neville Lush Racing), Pirelli DR III, Ivan's ECU, GF-Design LED Blinkers, DID gold chain
Dicko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2016, 07:02 PM   #1879
Yammieboy
Speedtrap Magnet

Quote:
I agree with both of you. I am a fan of VR simply because he has been around for so long. Some think he should retire, some thought he should've already. I'd like to see the guy go another 5 seasons. I highly doubt he will be sponsored that long.
Yes indeed, with all the changes in teams, it will be an interesting season.
As long as he's competitive, and finishing regularly in the top 5 or 6 with occasional podiums, who knows, maybe he will go beyond 2018! We can only hope. It sure seems like he's still more than 2 seasons away from hanging up his race leathers.
Old 10-31-2016, 07:13 PM   #1880
Yammieboy
Speedtrap Magnet

Quote:
Originally Posted by russperry View Post
Since I've come to watching MotoGP in only the last few years, I missed out on Rossi's prime and so I'm not really a Rossi fan. I totally respect not only the lifetime body of work but also his desire and ability that still linger long after most others have given it up.

It's a shame he threw away a real chance last year - it sounds like he's made a living getting into people's heads but last year it seemed like it ricocheted and got back into his own leading to his epic meltdown.

It's hard to see how his chances to win a 10th will improve next year or beyond. Vinales looks like the real deal, so if Yamaha manages to put the best bike on the track next year I'd think that Vinales would be the guy to expect at the top of the heap. And of course you've got Marquez again who looks like he really grew up this year with only one DNF for the season.

I hope next season will be as good as this one - I've really enjoyed seeing different teams, bikes, and guys on the top step.
Arguably, "the 37 year old italian" (haha) is in the prime of his career. I think he would beat his former self, hands down, its just that the level of competition has also improved over the years. I also think his chances next year are just as good, if not better than this year and last...he's one rare old dog that continues to learn new tricks.

Go Back   FZ1OA Message Board > FZ1 & Fazer Owners Association > General Motorcycle Discussion