register a new account, it's free!
fz1oa store
email the fz1oa webmasters
read the fz1oa guidelines
read the fz1oa policy
open pat's fz1 site in a new window
open iowaz fz1 site in a new window
technical tips

Go Back   FZ1OA Message Board > FZ1 & Fazer Owners Association > Letters from Iraq

Old 07-12-2010, 10:27 AM   #81
mxturd
Counting the Days...

I was part of it for a while, but for some reason all I can see now are the 2 sticky's. I thought the others were taken off for some reason.

But yeah, it was at freedom rest. We got some weird looks driving up in our no-door, RWD, 4-seater, HMMWV hotrod. Thats thing's a beast. Drop it in low and you can spin donuts for days!!! When it rains we drift around nearly every corner, and some corners when it's dry too.
Old 07-14-2010, 02:03 AM   #82
Armyfazer
Geauxin' back to N'awlins

I ride to work in the back of an LMTV
No drifting there. Except if your cardboard slides and your ass starts to burn on the metal!
Old 07-15-2010, 01:43 AM   #83
mxturd
Counting the Days...

Hey, it beats walking in this heat. When we first got here I found a M1151 that wasn't on anybody's books. DEEBO!!! We used that for a while until it broke and we couldnt get parts for it because it wasn't on our books either. So we abandoned it and let someone else deal with it.
FYI, it's easier than you might think to get a vehicle from DRMO. You just get on the signature card and take it. I even took a stripped Ford Explorer just so I could run it over with my M88 But yeah, I am part of a Brigade thats on our way out, so there will be a lot of NTVs getting turned in, so if you keep a look out, you got a good chance of snagging one. Then you can cruise around in a F350 instead of your LMTV.
Old 07-15-2010, 04:53 AM   #84
Armyfazer
Geauxin' back to N'awlins

I'll be out of here before you! Two weeks baby! That's about enough time for the latest anthrax shot to quit hurting!

An M88 on an NTV? I'd like to see that! LOL

I'm just back and forth to the ECP every day. Our biggest excitement was watching a mangar (i think that's right) eat a pigeon that fell into the lake! PM if you want to check that out or contact me on FB.

Oh, and there are fewer jackals in Iraq now than there were a few months ago.
Old 09-10-2013, 10:44 AM   #85
shoffmann
Getting Back to Life

Hello Everybody,

It has been a few years since I have been around. Seeing as I am looking to purchase another FZ1 I thought I would poke in and see how things are going. Combine that with me finding myself in the desert again I thought this would be a good thread to start with.

I survived flight school and am now deployed as a UH60 driver. This time I am in the National Guard and we are currently in Kuwait. A completely different deployment from last time!

So I will reiterate from the original post:
With that said I am someone who will talk about anything with anyone, but I would rarely be the one to start the conversation. So if you have any questions please feel free to ask. If it is a question that may incite a heated debate please take it to the war room. Feel free to PM if you care.

~Sean

Last edited by shoffmann; 09-10-2013 at 10:47 AM. Reason: lack of tequila
shoffmann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 10:58 AM   #86
rswebscan
Nada Como El Sol

Be safe over there, keep the sand out of your shorts and have some fun
Old 09-10-2013, 11:11 AM   #87
Fitty
Let's Ride!

All I can say is "thanks"! Glad you're still around to talk about it.

Fitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 02:13 PM   #88
shoffmann
Getting Back to Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by mxturd View Post
I know this quote is from a very old entry, but I want to remind any of the currently deployed members about OPSEC. This quote gave the enemy tons of easily accessible information. When you are speaking on forums, please maintain OPSEC because you put all our lives at risk by giving out key information. Thanks!!
This is very true. Amazing how far we have come in educating ourselves on this topic! Last deployment we were Reservist given 1 day notice before having to repeat for duty and I cannot recall anything about OPSEC and the internet. This time around at our mobilization station they had multiple classes that touched on OPSEC. Party of that is lessons learned and part the realization of how interwoven the internet had become.

~A much wiser Sean

shoffmann is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   FZ1OA Message Board > FZ1 & Fazer Owners Association > Letters from Iraq