click here for fz1oa web site home page
register a new account, it's free!
email the fz1oa webmasters
read the fz1oa guidelines
read the fz1oa policy
open pat's fz1 site in a new window
open iowaz fz1 site in a new window
technical tips

Go Back   FZ1OA Message Board > FZ1 & Fazer Owners Association > Misc FZ1-Related Discussion

Old 04-24-2019, 10:05 AM   #10141
OldBiker

Changed the airfilter after unscrewing 23 fasteners and retightening all 23 again.
OldBiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2019, 01:50 PM   #10142
jointbeaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldBiker View Post
Changed the airfilter after unscrewing 23 fasteners and retightening all 23 again.
I did that dance this weekend too. The thought was that I might get a better look at the clutch cable if I took the airbox off.

It really didn't help much.

I've heard/seen that you've been riding with Barrys' old bike lately too.
jointbeaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2019, 07:11 PM   #10143
Dr_Slim96

Quote:
Originally Posted by okrider View Post
That's what I'm going to do tonight. There's a local DIY shop that's a mile away from my house with a tire machine. It's their late night (open til 11pm) tonight so going to try to get 'er ready for the weekend
When you say local DIY shop, in what regards do you mean? It sounds like something I would like to be at every day.
Dr_Slim96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2019, 08:34 PM   #10144
hooligan998
Save a life, grope your wife!

There are several shops like this in the inner city part of Richmond and also DC. It's common to find them where garage space is basically for the ultra rich.
Old 04-25-2019, 05:49 AM   #10145
OldBiker

Quote:
Originally Posted by jointbeaker View Post
I've heard/seen that you've been riding with Barrys' old bike lately too.
Yep, a couple times now. Dan's a nice guy and good riding companion. We should try to get together one day.
Old 04-25-2019, 05:52 AM   #10146
okrider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr_Slim96 View Post
When you say local DIY shop, in what regards do you mean? It sounds like something I would like to be at every day.
It's a coffee shop that has a garage area in the back with lifts, tools, and a tire machine. Unfortunately, the garage is open only when the coffee shop is open with the exception of Thursday nights (members late night). It usually caters to the cafe racer/old bike crowd but I go there to use the tire machine and chain breaker tool. Basically stuff I don't have at home.

https://brothermoto.com/
okrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2019, 11:03 AM   #10147
jointbeaker

Quote:
Yep, a couple times now. Dan's a nice guy and good riding companion. We should try to get together one day.
I'd like that. I'll PM you my info. Thanks.
jointbeaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2019, 02:45 PM   #10148
okrider

Replaced the throttle and clutch cables. Throttle cables were bad because I messed them up while installing them last, and the clutch cable was old. At almost 29k miles, figured I can spare the $45 for all the cables and have the peace of mind.

Thinking of buying Rizoma rearsets to try out on the track. If you have experience with them, I'd appreciate insight/info.

Last edited by okrider; 04-26-2019 at 03:16 PM.
Old 04-28-2019, 03:59 PM   #10149
Dicko
Way more sport than tourer

Quote:
Originally Posted by okrider View Post
Thinking of buying Rizoma rearsets to try out on the track. If you have experience with them, I'd appreciate insight/info.
Have them and love them. There is a thread on this forum somewhere where I have written my review. I upgraded the pegs from fixed to the folding ones to avoid some buzz.
Brembo 16mm Radial MC, ASV short Levers, Brembo GP4-RX calipers, Hell braided lines, R1 Fender, Ohlins FGRT 206 forks, Ohlins shock (tuned - Racebike Services), Marchesini rims, Vortex 48t sprocket, Arrow Headers - Micron GP slipon, tailtidy, Rizoma (risers, conical bars, Lux grips, bar ends, 744 mirrors, fluid reservoir, Rev rearsets/B Pro pegs), Speedo healer, BMC filter, AIS Block off, PCV (tuned - Neville Lush Racing), Pirelli DR III, Ivan's ECU, GF-Design LED Blinkers, DID gold chain
Dicko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2019, 04:08 PM   #10150
okrider

I've pulled the trigger, waiting on PJ who's waiting on his supplier. Hope I get them before my next track day on May 12th. Anyone want to join me at Barber on May 12th?
Old 05-11-2019, 11:41 AM   #10151
B67

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmidd View Post
Added ADVMonster LED light kit, Model 30 Floods. The kit is reduced from $160 to $70 right now, includes 2 lights with the entire wiring harness with switch and relay. This is the 4th set of lights I've purchased from this guy, good quality stuff and is responsive to questions. Ordered Sunday night and received Wednesday. 5% off coupon code is INMATE(from ADV Rider forums).
Also added Sato Racing bar end weights to the Rizoma bars, it moves the mirrors farther out so my big paws don't hit the mirrors. They aren't super heavy, but they are 160mm long, so the outer diameter is 30mm and perfect for mounting bar end mirrors.
https://www.satoracing.com/handlebarends_ducati.htm

http://stores.advmonster.com/model-30-led-light-kit/

I just ordered some of these. They look to get really good reviews with good longevity. Maybe now people will see me.
B67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2019, 04:43 AM   #10152
OldBiker

Dislocated right shoulder again. No riding for a couple weeks.
Old 05-12-2019, 07:33 AM   #10153
WileECoyote
ACME Test Subject

Location: Bridgeville PA, its not Ten Cee but okay for now......
Quote:
Dislocated right shoulder again. No riding for a couple weeks.

Sheesh man, hope you heal up.

2008 Ducati Hyper SOLD
2012 Aprilia V4 Tuono SOLD

My long lost love.......1987 FZ700
WileECoyote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2019, 03:29 PM   #10154
Dicko
Way more sport than tourer

Went to start it to ride to work, flat battery FTU^T%^%. Did a quick car , car bike shuffle and got the Enfield with sidecar out and rode that instead. the battery is well due for replacement, will sort that out this week.
Brembo 16mm Radial MC, ASV short Levers, Brembo GP4-RX calipers, Hell braided lines, R1 Fender, Ohlins FGRT 206 forks, Ohlins shock (tuned - Racebike Services), Marchesini rims, Vortex 48t sprocket, Arrow Headers - Micron GP slipon, tailtidy, Rizoma (risers, conical bars, Lux grips, bar ends, 744 mirrors, fluid reservoir, Rev rearsets/B Pro pegs), Speedo healer, BMC filter, AIS Block off, PCV (tuned - Neville Lush Racing), Pirelli DR III, Ivan's ECU, GF-Design LED Blinkers, DID gold chain
Dicko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2019, 03:51 PM   #10155
bmidd
Yet Another Gen1

Pulled the front wheel and balanced it. I got so excited tye last tire went on without tools and I installed it with no weights!
bmidd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2019, 04:17 PM   #10156
riding4fun

Dreamed about it being picked up by the shipping company tomorrow. Just my luck they will delay again. The wait is killing me. Good thing I still have the Harley to ride or I would be going crazy. lol
riding4fun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2019, 05:42 PM   #10157
MichaelFZ1
Off the deep end

Slapped the el cheapo ebay vortex rear sets on last night and took them for a lap today. Mind my dirty bike and the finished stock chain, this is it’s last ride. I didn’t let it rust, and it’s not stretched, it’s just spraying it’s red mist of death out in places, it’s time to change it out.

So far I like them, it seems like all the way forward and down is pretty similar to stock positioning. I am currently set on one hole up and one hole back. I can feel my legs getting more tired on today’s longer ride, but I love how much more my legs are locked into the tank. They do transmit a bit more vibes to your feet, but I do wear a pretty thin sidi vortice race boot, YBMV (your boots may vary). The trade off of this, they are very stiff, and do not flex at all, which provides greater feedback when setting up for a corner. The greater ground clearance payed dividends today, when I started inching away from will, he said his pegs were touching down. Shifting is a lot more clicky but smoother with better feedback.

Got in about 200 miles on them today, so far so good.

MichaelFZ1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2019, 06:43 PM   #10158
bmidd
Yet Another Gen1

Took the front end apart, took the cluster apart and fixed the reset button. Cleaned it up and installed new headlight bulbs. Got a couple hundred miles in yesterday.
bmidd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2019, 01:48 AM   #10159
Michael_p

Changed the battery, the old one was from 2008, bike has done 95000 km.
Yes I bought a Yuasa again 👍

IMG_20190520_180129.jpg
Michael_p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2019, 07:02 AM   #10160
fermic37

cleaned it, and rode it in the motorcade with a bunch of hogs, then stood in line for 3hrs, then saw the president, then left early. Since there was no protestor entertainment anywhere.
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg CED3C20C-60FA-4FFD-B436-97AAD7824A1E.jpeg (180.3 KB, 56 views)
File Type: jpeg D28303AB-8932-4BE2-B7B8-0B466F60AC64.jpeg (108.0 KB, 57 views)
File Type: jpeg BBF22F12-250F-4FB8-AC0B-77033CC780CF.jpeg (71.9 KB, 57 views)
fermic37 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   FZ1OA Message Board > FZ1 & Fazer Owners Association > Misc FZ1-Related Discussion