click here for fz1oa web site home page
register a new account, it's free!
email the fz1oa webmasters
read the fz1oa guidelines
read the fz1oa policy
open pat's fz1 site in a new window
open iowaz fz1 site in a new window
technical tips

Go Back   FZ1OA Message Board > FZ1 & Fazer Owners Association > Computers & TechGadgetry

Old 07-30-2010, 05:41 AM   #541
Devilsyam
UK Pod Racer

Well given up 8 programs cant get rid so a reformatt is in order -- so how about a how to reformatt your pc whist keeping all the drivers fav's etc thread
i and others i guess would be up for that un

luke

Www.Devilsyam.Com

(On me 5th FZ1)
Devilsyam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 06:26 AM   #542
rswebscan
Nada Como El Sol

Haven't heard of anything for that, I think you'll have to back those up yourself Luke...
Old 07-30-2010, 06:32 AM   #543
dipps
administrator

i always buy dell, so i download the bare essential drivers (like network adapter) from dell prior to reformatting, then keep them handy on usb for after the reformat. once the bare essentials are put back on, i can go out to dell's site with the reformatted pc and download the rest. most computers come with a "resource cd" that contains all the drivers you need should you reformat the machine.

as for bookmarks, i use google toolbar and gmail, so i store all my bookmarks with my gmail account thru a "bookmarks" feature on google toolbar. that way they are available to me from any machine i log into, and i don't have to worry about losing them all on a reformat. backing up bookmarks isn't that difficult though.
Into the hands of every individual is given a marvelous power for good or evil -- the silent, unconscious, unseen influence of his life. This is simply the constant radiation of what man really is, not what he pretends to be.
"I've learned there are three things you don't discuss with people: religion, politics and the Great Pumpkin." - Linus
dipps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 06:46 AM   #544
'Dumbdog

back in the day... hard drives were expensive.... no so much nowadays...

why not swap in a new drive, do a clean install, then recover your old stuff after you install virus/malware protection?
'Dumbdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 10:22 PM   #545
dipps
administrator

microsoft mathematics for free

http://dealnews.com/Microsoft-Mathem....html?iref=fpy
Into the hands of every individual is given a marvelous power for good or evil -- the silent, unconscious, unseen influence of his life. This is simply the constant radiation of what man really is, not what he pretends to be.
"I've learned there are three things you don't discuss with people: religion, politics and the Great Pumpkin." - Linus
Old 01-20-2011, 07:14 AM   #546
rswebscan
Nada Como El Sol

That's cool. Have you used it?
Old 01-20-2011, 08:05 AM   #547
dipps
administrator

yeah, was playing with it last night a bit. had to help my 10yo with her math homework, working with equations and functions..... took one of her math problems and plugged it into the program, then graphed it to show her what it looked like, then showed the relation between what happens to y when you plug in __ for x. then i should her how to make a "smilie face" using y = x^2.
Old 02-20-2011, 09:06 PM   #548
dipps
administrator

nifty online to-do list site
http://www.rememberthemilk.com/

handy online grocery list site (complete with recipes and the ability to share with your spouse)
http://www.ziplist.com/
Old 04-07-2011, 08:36 PM   #549
dipps
administrator

des (or anyone)..... do we have a "link" in here somewhere for software that can be used to create a ghost or image of a computer once it's up and running at an initial clean state?

i have a computer at an "unused" state right now that i'd like to create an image of and throw on dvd so that if something goes wrong, i can wife the drive (format), thru in that dvd and resinstall back to that exact point in time (assuming that's possible). it's for my aunt, who's a problem child when it comes to computers.
Old 04-08-2011, 07:46 AM   #550
rswebscan
Nada Como El Sol

Quote:
Originally Posted by dipps View Post
so that if something goes wrong, i can wife the drive (format), thru in that dvd and resinstall back to that exact point in time (assuming that's possible).
Oh, it's possible, just nag the hell out of it
Old 04-08-2011, 08:32 AM   #551
Cougar
Nerd Herder

http://www.yamahafz1oa.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=112722
'06, Ivan's ECU Flash, PCIII, Scorpion Can, Airbox Mod, Wire Re-route, 16T, Speedohealer, Ivan's AIS Kit, Cat Skinned, Flies Swatted, EXUP Gone, Lower Fairings, EvoTech Fender Eliminator, Givi V35's and Top Box, SW-Motech Racks, FZ-6 Footpeg Rubber, Blind Spot's Fuel Line, Fren Tubo Brake Lines & Pazzo Levers, Luke's Seat Latch Mod, R1 Shock & Satan's Adapter, Duken4evr Fork Oil, R6 Throttle, CD Screen

Cougar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 10:35 AM   #552
dipps
administrator

very interesting link on useful freeware

http://www.freewaregenius.com/2007/1...eware-programs
Old 09-19-2011, 10:58 AM   #553
grommet
kinetic mentality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devilsyam View Post
Well given up 8 programs cant get rid so a reformatt is in order -- so how about a how to reformatt your pc whist keeping all the drivers fav's etc thread
i and others i guess would be up for that un

luke
Simple solution:

When you reinstall the OS, create a second partition on your hard drive. Call it the D drive, for data. Store all your data, drivers, software install files, etc. on the D drive, and only the OS on the C drive.

This way when the OS crashes, gets spyware, a virus, or has other trouble, wipe only the C drive and reinstall the OS. All your data is safe and secure on the D drive and you can do whatever to the C drive without affecting any of it. Save tons of time and hassle this way.

Partly stabilized, partly curious.

Be your own man; don't be an owned man.

Some people would rather be dead than wrong.
grommet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 09:33 AM   #554
Buccleuch
Let's... Ugh.

No one's posted to this thread in two and a half years, so I figured it was time.

There's a new mobile chat agent out there - Cyber Dust. Available now on iPhone, and soon on Android.

Basically, the idea is, your phone calls aren't all recorded and saved, so why should your text messaging be? Messages are never stored on servers beyond "expiration," and once sent and read, they vanish from existence. Text, photos, whatever.

Quote:
Messages disappear on the device exactly 30 seconds after they are sent. Messages disappear off of the recipients device and our servers 30 seconds after the recipient enters the chat room and reads the received message. If the recipient does not open the chat room to read a received message within 12 hours, the message will expire and be deleted from our servers forever. Note* We do not cache messages or images locally on your mobile device.
Interesting.

W.A.
Buccleuch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 03:43 PM   #555
Duken4evr
Map Maven

Recently started using this to manage music on my iPhone without iTunes, which I despise.

http://www.copytrans.net/

Wise man said - "Don't go bagger too soon".

Get your FI maps right here:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/nr...1_Map_Pack.zip

Akra full exhaust mindless stationary rev out Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w5UNYBqHd7M
Duken4evr is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   FZ1OA Message Board > FZ1 & Fazer Owners Association > Computers & TechGadgetry