click here for fz1oa web site home page
register a new account, it's free!
email the fz1oa webmasters
read the fz1oa guidelines
read the fz1oa policy
open pat's fz1 site in a new window
open iowaz fz1 site in a new window
technical tips

Go Back   FZ1OA Message Board > FZ1 & Fazer Owners Association > Letters from Iraq

Old 03-27-2005, 02:25 PM   #21
BushidoSamurai
Silver Bullet

I greatly appreciate what you are doing and you have my respect. I probably should have joined the military once I graduated high school, but I'm in college instead. Do what you can over there and keep yourself alive, GOOD LUCK.
BushidoSamurai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2005, 08:54 AM   #22
racer192

Baghdad

Hey Sean!

I am a Michigan National Guard Soldier stationed less than 30 km's from you at Camp Cuervo! Hope you are home now, but it is a small world when we have a couple FZ1'ers so close! Good luck with your WOC training, and get yourself another FZ1 soon!

I will be home on leave shortly, and the "bumblebee" WILL be getting a good workout! Going to go ahead and put new rubbber on it as soon as I am able, it has been sitting since the end of September!

Cheers!
Old 05-19-2005, 05:56 PM   #23
daithi

You military guys are heroes in my opinion. God bless you and stay safe. If you are ever passing thru Boston, look me up and i will take you on a guided tour of the towns great irish bars...and the drink is on me !!!!! genuine offer. I am from Ireland so i know what i am talking about when it comes to beer !!!!! PS Just dont show up with the whole unit !!!
daithi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2005, 10:04 PM   #24
ArmyAv8tor

What are you flying dude? I am in flight school too. Came from the desert to WOC school over a yr ago. Good luck man.
ArmyAv8tor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2005, 11:24 AM   #25
shoffmann
Getting Back to Life

sigh...

I was in Iraq for ~ month when I was picked up by the boards but I was too "valuable" to the unit to be released. The school cut orders twice while I was over there and both times my battalion (or company CO) would not release me... Soo It is looking like I won't hit WOC school for another year or so.
I was sponsored by a Apache unit out of Fort Knox, but we will see what I get set up in. How are things for you down in Alabama?

~Sean

shoffmann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2005, 04:16 PM   #26
ArmyAv8tor

Hey unless you are mission essential he cant stop you from going to WOC school. You are trying to better your self he cant stop you from doing that.
Old 08-08-2005, 05:03 AM   #27
shoffmann
Getting Back to Life

Talking ahhh then reality settled in on me

Yes it is a wonderful theory, but when it comes to practice I spent 8 months just south of Abu Graib because my commander would not put his name on the dotted line to release me. But it is all good. I Am home taking a little time off and will head south early next year (if all goes as planned).
~Sean

Old 08-08-2005, 11:51 AM   #28
ArmyAv8tor

Goodluck! If you need anything when you get to Mother Rucker let me know. I will try to help any way I can.
Old 12-15-2005, 11:18 AM   #29
shoffmann
Getting Back to Life

I fired off an Email

To get the ball rolling to get my school date confirmed. I hope to know by the end of the year when I will be taking my trip to Alabama...
~Sean

Old 12-24-2005, 11:04 AM   #30
jboggs

Hello there Sean,

Here's hoping that things are well with you and yours, and that you're able to enjoy some time off for the holidays. My son's been Iraq twice now but is finally home and will be attending school in the spring.

Please let me know if you're ever interested in getting together for a ride in the Ozarks, I'd consider it an honor.
jboggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2005, 10:43 AM   #31
shoffmann
Getting Back to Life

Hey jboggs,
Things are good! I hpoe the holidays have brought some cheer your way so far. As soon as it warms up a bit a ride down in the Ozarks would be awesome. I have driven and hiked in th eozarks, but hav yet to ride.
~Sean

Old 12-26-2005, 04:20 PM   #32
jboggs

Yo Sean,

No problem man, seems most, including myself, suffer the same from time to time. Merry Christmas and hope you have a happy & safe new year. Just let me know when you're ready to put on some miles here.
jboggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2006, 06:02 PM   #33
racer192

Hey Folks!

This is Racer192, just got back from F.O.B. Cuervo (Rustimaya-Sad'r City) and all is good! Back to being an FZ1 "lurker" looking for the latest mods to keep me busy until ridin' season.

Hope you all had a great Holiday season!

Todd
Old 01-03-2006, 08:00 AM   #34
shoffmann
Getting Back to Life

welcome home!

RACER 192 Welcome back man!
~Sean

Old 01-04-2006, 07:03 AM   #35
nsrrider

Thanks buddy......more Americans than you might know support the attempt at democratizing that country. Take care!
nsrrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2006, 06:15 AM   #36
Ham'n'eggs
Back in the saddle again!

Thumbs up

I just want to say thanks to all of you who serve in the US armed forces. Politics don't play into supporting you, our troops, IMHO. You're doing the job you were ordered to do, and by doing so, provide us at home with the safety and security of knowing that as long as you stand, our liberties will as well.

Old 01-11-2006, 11:32 AM   #37
fzjerry
My women

I think you people serving our great country are ALL heroes. Like it has been said many times, freedom is NOT free. It takes people with pride and commitment to potentially put their life on the line, often for a bunch of ingrates. I hope you are all home soon with your loved ones, but until then, I repeat something said many times in this thread, keep your heads down. Know there is at least 1 person in Northern Nevada praying for you men and women.

I spent some time in the service, and like it has been stated here, many people asked me why I would do something like that. It is kind of like prices in an expensive restaurant. If you have to ask, you wouldn't understand.

It IS a good thing we are trying to do in the Middle East, and don't let a few loudmouths make you think otherwise.

fzjerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2006, 05:41 PM   #38
Deacon51
The guy on the tee shirt!

Yamaha1,

When I was in high school I used to bet up a foreign exchange kid from Finland.

I felt bad about it for years, even tried to find the guy to tell him I was sorry for being such a jerk...

Thanks for freeing me of my guilt.
"Mountains should be climbed with as little effort as possible and without desire. The reality of your own nature should determine the speed. If you become restless, speed up. If you become winded, slow down." -- Robert M. Pirsig, author of "Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance"

Google+
Join the AMA
Deacon51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2006, 06:25 PM   #39
XRacer
Thread Killer

Yamaha1 reading your posts I thought you were just stupid, now I see you don't speak english and are just finished..
Old 02-14-2006, 07:22 PM   #40
jdfzb

Some people just have different opinions and that's not a bad thing?
But this guy is just a ****ing stupid ignorant ass hole!!!
Ban my ass!!!!!

Go Back   FZ1OA Message Board > FZ1 & Fazer Owners Association > Letters from Iraq