read the fz1oa policy
open pat's fz1 site in a new window
open iowaz fz1 site in a new window
technical tips

Go Back   FZ1OA Message Board > FZ1 & Fazer Owners Association > Riding Gear

Old 05-08-2017, 02:58 PM   #1
swartzieee

Motorcycle Touring Pants

I am in the market for some new touring pants that will not break the bank. I thought I would ask the Message Board to see what you all have / suggest.

Thanks!
swartzieee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2017, 06:01 PM   #2
AndyW
Dumbass with a full PM inbox..

What is your definition of "touring"?

I have everything from full mesh to totally waterproof, and would select the ones "most appropriate" to the ride I was planning to take..

Which would you prefer?
AndyW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2017, 11:09 PM   #3
mattg
Not lost, just unfound.

I have heard very good things about these.
http://www.motorcyclegear.com/street...cle_pants.html

Here is a review
http://www.webbikeworld.com/r5/joe-r...-pants-review/
Old 05-09-2017, 05:04 AM   #4
OldBiker

Look at TourMaster gear. Good value for the money.
OldBiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2017, 06:45 PM   #5
mjstouty
stouty

I like these, kinda heavy, but very functional and they don't look bad. I wore them for a recent ride in the Ozarks, I will be buying some more of them.
http://www.compacc.com/p/sliders-kev...pants-seasonal
Old 05-09-2017, 11:40 PM   #6
CrazyBiker
Smooottthhh....

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjstouty View Post
I like these, kinda heavy, but very functional and they don't look bad. I wore them for a recent ride in the Ozarks, I will be buying some more of them.
http://www.compacc.com/p/sliders-kev...pants-seasonal
No armor. PASS!

2012 S1000RR Premium Motorsport
Brock Full Exhaust|GPR Damper|Sato Rearsets|Sargent Seat|Oxford Heated Grips|GBR/Woodcraft protectors|Blue SS Lines|Motodynamics signals

2014 S1000R Premium White
Akra GP,Rizoma mirrors,Ermax Bellypan,Tecbike CAT,V-stream,Wunderlich Seat,360° LED signals,R&G+Puig Protection

Hepco Becker Luggage System for both
2007 Raven FZ1-R SOLD!

CrazyBiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2017, 01:33 AM   #7
YamahaMan444
Young Explorer

I have no previous experience before but I bought some Klim Overlord pants from a member. STOLE them basically, as they are not cheap. I have ridden in 40-85 degree weather and they are awesome. They fit over jeans so when it gets chilly, one layer under is all you need. They have great breathing vents near the crotch and closable zippers on the tops of the thighs for the warmer days, and easily wear them over just undies.

They have lots of pockets and storage and have leather on the outer impact zones. And KLIM is well known. Due to the venting, I do not think it is waterproof.
Old 05-10-2017, 10:29 AM   #8
Cougar
Nerd Herder

The Tourmaster Flex pants are great for touring. They have several layers and have outer panels that zip out to expose armored mesh. They are good from freezing to over 100 degrees F. I have them and I always use them on multi-day trips.
'06, Ivan's ECU Flash, PCIII, Scorpion Can, Airbox Mod, Wire Re-route, 16T, Speedohealer, Ivan's AIS Kit, Cat Skinned, Flies Swatted, EXUP Gone, Lower Fairings, EvoTech Fender Eliminator, Givi V35's and Top Box, SW-Motech Racks, FZ-6 Footpeg Rubber, Blind Spot's Fuel Line, Fren Tubo Brake Lines & Pazzo Levers, Luke's Seat Latch Mod, R1 Shock & Satan's Adapter, Duken4evr Fork Oil, R6 Throttle, CD Screen

Cougar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2017, 03:39 AM   #9
djakson9

I find the Tourmaster pants very comfortable.
djakson9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2017, 03:49 AM   #10
SManZ

I've been wearing a pair of Drayko Drift jeans for a few years. I think I got them in 2013 or so and they're still in great shape. It has plenty of the kevlar lining and are loose enough to fit over my Sidi Vertigo and ST boots, though its a tight slip over the STs.

I wear Knox armored shorts and knee/shin guards under the jeans and they fit great with the jeans.

They all come with a 34" inseam so you may need to hem them. Instead of cutting the extra, I had the extra length folded into the jean and sewn in so the bottom cuff is thicker and more wear resistant.

https://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/...t-riding-jeans
'08 WR250R

Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good .45 at your side, kid
SManZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2017, 06:12 AM   #11
WileECoyote
Rebel Scum

Location: Bridgeville PA, its not Ten Cee but okay for now......
I bought a pair of the Joe Rocket pants mentioned above. I can say, first article from them that is correctly sized per their chart. Everything I have from them has been small. These pants fit great. I highly recommend them as they are comfortable, have zip out rain liner and removable hip and knee padding. I took a 175 mile jaunt on Saturday to see how they felt. Even new, they were flexible and comfortable. Little on warm side but, it was 89 and above on Saturday. I like them well enough to recommend them. For the price, I don't think you could do better.

WileECoyote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2017, 04:36 PM   #12
Wonger

I've got a ton of time on the Firstgear teton/overpant combo. They've held up really well.
Old 10-10-2017, 07:26 AM   #13
okrider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cougar View Post
The Tourmaster Flex pants are great for touring. They have several layers and have outer panels that zip out to expose armored mesh. They are good from freezing to over 100 degrees F. I have them and I always use them on multi-day trips.
I have the same pants and the Flex jacket. One thing I don't like about the pants is the zipper that sits on your inner thigh. Scratches the tank if you don't have tank protectors. Also, the stitching isn't the best. My left pocket has a hole in it after little use. But, it's good value for money. You do need to carry the layers around if you want to be prepared for everything, which can be a hassle. But even with no additional layer and gym shorts underneath, it keeps you pretty warm on cold mornings.
okrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2018, 04:02 PM   #14
NtBishop

I have a pair of Rukka airman pants size 54 for sale, goretex waterproof lines pads great pants but I guess I just prefer jeans? $300 shipped they can go down to a 36 waist not sure how big they can go because I wear a 36 lol
NtBishop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2018, 06:15 PM   #15
iluvmyfz1
Just enjoy the machine....

Bought some full mesh Tourmaster pants. Regardless of what I have, these are my 3 season pants. They came with an inner liner but that always sucks (think garbage bag, no breathing, "rains" inside your pants!!!), so if I need rain protection I throw on rain gear externally.

The cool thing about these Tourmaster mesh pants is they are zip-offs, so when you're hanging out in hot weather, you can stay cool(er). I don't use that feature often, but occasionally it comes in handy if you want to trek around in the summer without completely changing clothes.

I have a pair of Fulmer winter pants with a removeable liner that are comfortable, and despite wearing them for years, NOTHING gets through them. Not sure if they even make them anymore.
-'03 FZ1- "Xena"- Custom Orange/Red paint- FuzzyOne mirror mod- SW Motech QR racks- Givi E460 top- E21 side cases- SS brake lines - Scorpion slip-on- R6 shock- Throttlemeisters- Sargent seat- R1 shift arm- Custom sprocket cover- Cheap ass battery- Extended passenger pegs - Gauge of Eternal Coolness - Valtermoto Rearsets - HIDs -
iluvmyfz1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2018, 07:05 PM   #16
rdcusmc

"Rains inside your pants" LMAO

Ron

2003 Blue FZ1 - Ivan's MB Jet kit, Akrapovic, GOEC w/remote and GPS, 07 R1 fork conversion w/6 pot brakes, R1 master cylinder, R1 rear wheel w/R6 caliper, Penske shock, Dirt Road seat, AIS removed, HID and LED lights, full Givi luggage, Galfer lines, chain oiler, Rizoma bar, cat-eye turn signals above headlights, grip heaters, factory lower fairings, air box mod w/high flow filter, Cometic thin head gasket, FazerPhil large gas tank mod (in progress).
rdcusmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2018, 07:27 PM   #17
okrider

I have been rocking the Tourmaster Flex 3 for almost 2 years now. Good stuff but I have a couple issues with it.

The stitches come apart pretty easily. After my first trip, pants' pockets were coming apart. I like the pants a lot but even the thinnest layer of the jacket is too thick in my opinion, especially at the cuffs. The back protector is genital shaped and nobody makes back protectors in that shape.
okrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2018, 07:32 PM   #18
bradd
Working away

Sport riding is leather, big long trips I've been using the Joe Rocket Alter Ego for 12 years, just got my second pair. I think the original L shrunk and I had to get an XL, I can't be getting bigger

I've heard people say they weren't crash worthy, I think it does depend on the crash but I lowsided my motard at 30-35mph drifting around a traffic circle (cold tires, and I never grow up) and they were fine, as in I could still use them, not just they protected me.

Work great for commuting to work ask well.
Old 05-26-2018, 05:58 AM   #19
1mprnt

I have also been using JR Alter Ego pants for years. no complaints.
2006 Retro or Granite Grey depending on my mood -Vcyclenut ECU/PCIII/Lairs airbox/K&N/flies removed/02 sensor removed/Factory Pro Stacks/Holeshot Header/Olson Performance slipon/16 tooth/Blind Spot fuel line/Penske 8987/Traxxion AK20's/DirtRoad Seat/Watsen front signals/Cooperdawg Screen/ASV Levers/Rizoma Bars/Galfer Discs/Carrozerria Wheels

Previous Bike - 2004 FZ1 Skunk
1mprnt is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   FZ1OA Message Board > FZ1 & Fazer Owners Association > Riding Gear