register a new account, it's free!
fz1oa store
email the fz1oa webmasters
read the fz1oa guidelines
read the fz1oa policy
open pat's fz1 site in a new window
open iowaz fz1 site in a new window
technical tips

Go Back   FZ1OA Message Board > FZ1 & Fazer Owners Association > "Off Topic" Discussion

Old 10-12-2018, 02:19 PM   #21
Keytickler
Causative Factor

Everything here is anecdotal information. My orthopedist shared some articles with me about using glucosamine/condroitin which stated that there have not been definitive studies that confirm their effectiveness for joint discomfort. However, they can't hurt.

I've been taking this stuff for a year now. Has it helped? Maybe. Not sure. Hasn't hurt.

Some brands do not deliver the stated dosage. There are articles available online (sorry, you'll have to search) that rate the quality of different brands of this OTC supplement.

Keytickler
Old 10-12-2018, 08:28 PM   #22
LiquidSilver
Bad Cattytude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keytickler View Post
Everything here is anecdotal information. My orthopedist shared some articles with me about using glucosamine/condroitin which stated that there have not been definitive studies that confirm their effectiveness for joint discomfort. However, they can't hurt.

I've been taking this stuff for a year now. Has it helped? Maybe. Not sure. Hasn't hurt.

Some brands do not deliver the stated dosage. There are articles available online (sorry, you'll have to search) that rate the quality of different brands of this OTC supplement.

Keytickler
People have reported giving it to their old dogs, mixing in their food, and watching them walk years younger. Still anecdotal but it would suggest it's not the placebo effect.

LiquidSilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2018, 01:54 PM   #23
Dicko
Way more sport than tourer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiquidSilver View Post
People have reported giving it to their old dogs, mixing in their food, and watching them walk years younger. Still anecdotal but it would suggest it's not the placebo effect.
My Roti and Dobi were on Glucosamine 1000mg and Cartrophin injections to help with their joint pain in their later years. As said, studies have proved inconclusive, but the cartrophin seemed to help them, they were noticeably more mobile after those injections and the glucosamine can't hurt.
Brembo 16mm Radial MC, ASV short Levers, Brembo GP4-RX calipers, Hell braided lines, R1 Fender, Ohlins FGRT 206 forks, Ohlins shock (tuned - Racebike Services), Marchesini rims, Vortex 48t sprocket, Arrow Headers - Micron GP slipon, tailtidy, Rizoma (risers, conical bars, Lux grips, bar ends, 744 mirrors, fluid reservoir, Rev rearsets/B Pro pegs), Speedo healer, BMC filter, AIS Block off, PCV (tuned - Neville Lush Racing), Pirelli DR III, Ivan's ECU, GF-Design LED Blinkers, DID gold chain
Dicko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2018, 03:11 PM   #24
Bocephous
Romans 6:23

The only natural remedy that I've actually noticed a lessening in pain from is turmeric, 95% curcumin extract with bioperine. Coming from someone with two arthritic shoulders, 3 surgeries on my right shoulder to fix soft tissue injuries, two arthritic knees, an arthritic lumbar area, and a surgery on each elbow, one to reattach one of my tricep heads and the other to remove calcium. It takes a healthy dose, even so.

2014 FJR1300A
2007 Suzuki Vinson
Bocephous is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   FZ1OA Message Board > FZ1 & Fazer Owners Association > "Off Topic" Discussion