make a donation to the fz1oa
fz1oa chat
fz1oa picture uploader
maintain your own photo albums
locate fz1oa members
search the entire board
click here for fz1oa web site home page
register a new account, it's free!
email the fz1oa webmasters
read the fz1oa guidelines
read the fz1oa policy
open pat's fz1 site in a new window
open iowaz fz1 site in a new window
technical tips

Go Back   FZ1OA Message Board > FZ1 & Fazer Owners Association > Heroes & Zeros!

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-27-2020, 01:14 AM   #1
grommet
kinetic mentality
 
grommet's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: hangin' with Toto
Posts: 13,361
Forma Boots USA - Heroes

Shout out to Forma Boots USA. I recently ordered two pair of boots from them; Adventure and Hornet. I ordered a third pair which did not end up fitting. I got in touch with them about exchanging them for a different model. They shipped the exchange pair as soon as I sent them the tracking number for the pair I sent back. They are super easy to work with, and the boots are great quality, fit, and comfort.

You can buy Forma boots from many distributors, but you can also order direct from them at https://www.formabootsusa.com/. Prices are comparable to the cheapest Euro outlets, but without the wait if you are in the US.
__________________
Patient zero.


Partly stabilized, partly curious.


Be your own man; don't be an owned man.

Some people would rather be dead than wrong.
grommet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2020, 08:46 PM   #2
theunderfighter
Resident Beer Snob
 
theunderfighter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Murrieta, CA
Posts: 4,777
Great to hear some quality feedback! I've been eyeballing their Ice Flow as I need a new trackday boot. I would say my current boot is comparable to the Freccia.
How are the Hornet?
theunderfighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2020, 06:04 AM   #3
oldjeep
Registered User
 
oldjeep's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2019
Location: Victoria, MN
Posts: 795
Nice to know - for the same price as everywhere else why buy from a middle man. I bought my Formas through revzilla and initially bought the high ones in a size too big. With them you wind up having to do a return and a new order, so you are out 2x the money for a bit but at least they ship the same day.
__________________
Chuck P
2003 FZ1
2004 DL1000
http://www.oldjeep.com
oldjeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2020, 06:53 AM   #4
grommet
kinetic mentality
 
grommet's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: hangin' with Toto
Posts: 13,361
The ones I wanted on exchange were actually more expensive than ones I returned and they gave them to me without charging the difference.
__________________
Patient zero.


Partly stabilized, partly curious.


Be your own man; don't be an owned man.

Some people would rather be dead than wrong.
grommet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2020, 12:26 PM   #5
Fitty
Picture added for humor only
 
Fitty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Monroe, LA
Posts: 17,410
Quote:
Originally Posted by grommet View Post
The ones I wanted on exchange were actually more expensive than ones I returned and they gave them to me without charging the difference.
Buying three pair at one time may have helped, but still good service.
__________________
"‎Don't count the days; make the days count." Muhammad Ali

Fitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2020, 03:31 PM   #6
dingbat
I brake for ice cream.
 
dingbat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Up the hill or down the hill.
Posts: 788
Quote:
Originally Posted by grommet View Post
Shout out to Forma Boots USA. I recently ordered two pair of boots from them; Adventure and Hornet. I ordered a third pair which did not end up fitting. I got in touch with them about exchanging them for a different model. They shipped the exchange pair as soon as I sent them the tracking number for the pair I sent back. They are super easy to work with, and the boots are great quality, fit, and comfort.

You can buy Forma boots from many distributors, but you can also order direct from them at https://www.formabootsusa.com/. Prices are comparable to the cheapest Euro outlets, but without the wait if you are in the US.
Man I can't thank you enough for posting this!

I've been looking for boots to replace my Thors for six years or so now. Looking at the ADV and Trials boots could see right away from the photos that the bottom buckle had potential to work with the riding position on the FZ1. Got a pair of Boulder Drys on order. Closest thing to my old boots I've seen short of the Sidi Combats which are more expensive and miss a key feature or two. Construction looks so similar I think they may be made by the same factory.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldjeep View Post
Nice to know - for the same price as everywhere else why buy from a middle man. I bought my Formas through revzilla and initially bought the high ones in a size too big. With them you wind up having to do a return and a new order, so you are out 2x the money for a bit but at least they ship the same day.
There are middle men and there are middle men. I just ordered from a shop in town where they had a similar model I could try on to figure out size, and most importantly, if the buckle placement would work for a flexed foot.
__________________
Wff. Check. Check OK.... Do you even logic bro?
dingbat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2020, 04:00 PM   #7
oldjeep
Registered User
 
oldjeep's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2019
Location: Victoria, MN
Posts: 795
Just realize that the adventure boots have a huge toe box and require some shifter adjustment s on an fz1.
__________________
Chuck P
2003 FZ1
2004 DL1000
http://www.oldjeep.com
oldjeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2020, 04:43 PM   #8
dingbat
I brake for ice cream.
 
dingbat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Up the hill or down the hill.
Posts: 788
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldjeep View Post
Just realize that the adventure boots have a huge toe box and require some shifter adjustment s on an fz1.
Thanks for the heads up. I ordered the Boulder trials boot which has a simpler toe. Looks nearly identical to the boot I've been wearing and my shifter is already adjusted for. Hopefully if I do have to move it it won't be much.
__________________
Wff. Check. Check OK.... Do you even logic bro?
dingbat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2020, 08:13 PM   #9
Skiman
Renaissance Man
 
Skiman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Golden, Colorado
Posts: 2,762
I got a pair of Forma Predator 1.0 MX boots on closeout last year from a local rep. They appear indestructible and are comfortable to boot. Buckles are a bit difficult to close. I would recommend replacing the stock insoles with these:



http://www.mxorthotics.com/
Skiman is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Go Back   FZ1OA Message Board > FZ1 & Fazer Owners Association > Heroes & Zeros!


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:11 AM.


Questions? Comments?
Click on name below to contact via PM
Rabeet (Admin) Desmo (Admin)

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Website and Message Board Contents Copyright 2001-2007 FZ1OA
The marks YAMAHA® and FZ1® are used under license from Yamaha Motor Corporation, U.S.A.
The information on this web site is NOT approved or endorsed by Yamaha Motor Corporation in any way.
Page generated in 0.13556 seconds with 11 queries