click here for fz1oa web site home page
register a new account, it's free!
email the fz1oa webmasters
read the fz1oa guidelines
read the fz1oa policy
open pat's fz1 site in a new window
open iowaz fz1 site in a new window
technical tips

Go Back   FZ1OA Message Board > FZ1 & Fazer Owners Association > Heroes & Zeros!

Old 06-27-2020, 01:14 AM   #1
grommet
kinetic mentality

Forma Boots USA - Heroes

Shout out to Forma Boots USA. I recently ordered two pair of boots from them; Adventure and Hornet. I ordered a third pair which did not end up fitting. I got in touch with them about exchanging them for a different model. They shipped the exchange pair as soon as I sent them the tracking number for the pair I sent back. They are super easy to work with, and the boots are great quality, fit, and comfort.

You can buy Forma boots from many distributors, but you can also order direct from them at https://www.formabootsusa.com/. Prices are comparable to the cheapest Euro outlets, but without the wait if you are in the US.

Partly stabilized, partly curious.

Be your own man; don't be an owned man.

Some people would rather be dead than wrong.
grommet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2020, 08:46 PM   #2
theunderfighter
Resident Beer Snob

Great to hear some quality feedback! I've been eyeballing their Ice Flow as I need a new trackday boot. I would say my current boot is comparable to the Freccia.
How are the Hornet?
theunderfighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2020, 06:04 AM   #3
oldjeep

Nice to know - for the same price as everywhere else why buy from a middle man. I bought my Formas through revzilla and initially bought the high ones in a size too big. With them you wind up having to do a return and a new order, so you are out 2x the money for a bit but at least they ship the same day.
http://www.oldjeep.com
oldjeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2020, 06:53 AM   #4
grommet
kinetic mentality

The ones I wanted on exchange were actually more expensive than ones I returned and they gave them to me without charging the difference.

Partly stabilized, partly curious.

Be your own man; don't be an owned man.

Some people would rather be dead than wrong.
grommet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2020, 12:26 PM   #5
Fitty
Picture added for humor only

Quote:
Originally Posted by grommet View Post
The ones I wanted on exchange were actually more expensive than ones I returned and they gave them to me without charging the difference.
Buying three pair at one time may have helped, but still good service.

Fitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2020, 03:31 PM   #6
dingbat
I brake for ice cream.

Quote:
Originally Posted by grommet View Post
Shout out to Forma Boots USA. I recently ordered two pair of boots from them; Adventure and Hornet. I ordered a third pair which did not end up fitting. I got in touch with them about exchanging them for a different model. They shipped the exchange pair as soon as I sent them the tracking number for the pair I sent back. They are super easy to work with, and the boots are great quality, fit, and comfort.

You can buy Forma boots from many distributors, but you can also order direct from them at https://www.formabootsusa.com/. Prices are comparable to the cheapest Euro outlets, but without the wait if you are in the US.
Man I can't thank you enough for posting this!

I've been looking for boots to replace my Thors for six years or so now. Looking at the ADV and Trials boots could see right away from the photos that the bottom buckle had potential to work with the riding position on the FZ1. Got a pair of Boulder Drys on order. Closest thing to my old boots I've seen short of the Sidi Combats which are more expensive and miss a key feature or two. Construction looks so similar I think they may be made by the same factory.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldjeep View Post
Nice to know - for the same price as everywhere else why buy from a middle man. I bought my Formas through revzilla and initially bought the high ones in a size too big. With them you wind up having to do a return and a new order, so you are out 2x the money for a bit but at least they ship the same day.
There are middle men and there are middle men. I just ordered from a shop in town where they had a similar model I could try on to figure out size, and most importantly, if the buckle placement would work for a flexed foot.
Old 06-28-2020, 04:00 PM   #7
oldjeep

Just realize that the adventure boots have a huge toe box and require some shifter adjustment s on an fz1.
http://www.oldjeep.com
oldjeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2020, 04:43 PM   #8
dingbat
I brake for ice cream.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldjeep View Post
Just realize that the adventure boots have a huge toe box and require some shifter adjustment s on an fz1.
Thanks for the heads up. I ordered the Boulder trials boot which has a simpler toe. Looks nearly identical to the boot I've been wearing and my shifter is already adjusted for. Hopefully if I do have to move it it won't be much.
Old 06-28-2020, 08:13 PM   #9
Skiman
Renaissance Man

I got a pair of Forma Predator 1.0 MX boots on closeout last year from a local rep. They appear indestructible and are comfortable to boot. Buckles are a bit difficult to close. I would recommend replacing the stock insoles with these:

http://www.mxorthotics.com/
Skiman is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   FZ1OA Message Board > FZ1 & Fazer Owners Association > Heroes & Zeros!