click here for fz1oa web site home page
register a new account, it's free!
email the fz1oa webmasters
read the fz1oa guidelines
read the fz1oa policy
open pat's fz1 site in a new window
open iowaz fz1 site in a new window
technical tips

Go Back   FZ1OA Message Board > FZ1 & Fazer Owners Association > "Off Topic" Discussion

Old 06-25-2020, 07:32 PM   #21
jredford
Musical Metal

Just saw this, really sorry ... keep your head up. If there is something I can do let me know.

2013 Ninja 300 Race Bike
2016 KTM 1290 Super Adventure
jredford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2020, 07:37 PM   #22
LiquidSilver
Fly Eagles Fly

"He who laughs last has the best attorney"-unknown.

Sorry for your situation, that sucks.
You made a move for that job too.
Companies that have Union and non-Union workers can be really unpredictable with the non-Union. Some get raises and pensions better than the Unions negotiate and others get crapped on. I knew a guy who worked for a place for years(like 20), was let go 3 months before a guaranteed pension would take effect, they gave him 3 months severance pay and that was it.

If you can fix fork lifts, there is plenty of work for you where I am.

Hope you get back to work somewhere soon.

LiquidSilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2020, 08:18 PM   #23
hooligan998
Save a life, grope your wife!

Damn brother. Praying for you. One door does not close without another opening. I hope this holds true for you.
Old 06-25-2020, 08:43 PM   #24
BruinFZ1guy
Chronically obsessive.

Sorry to hear, Wiley. Sometimes after life knocks you down it kicks you in the balls.

Hope things fare better soon.
BruinFZ1guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2020, 08:01 AM   #25
WileECoyote
ACME Test Subject

Location: Bridgeville PA, its not Ten Cee but okay for now......
Thank you all for the support. I did get my healthcare back for a limited time. They also agreed to a small severance. They also did pay me for my 1.5 week of vacation.
I started to make a stink about it all and had a local attorney look into it for me. Thats about it for now. Be back soon with more news. Again, thank you.

My long lost love.......1987 FZ700
WileECoyote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2020, 08:35 AM   #26
WDD

I think if they took gov COVID money there are strings attached to what they're allowed to do with employees / letting them go, etc.

Anyway, good for you on letting the lawyer take a look.
Old 06-26-2020, 01:54 PM   #27
WileECoyote
ACME Test Subject

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDD View Post
I think if they took gov COVID money there are strings attached to what they're allowed to do with employees / letting them go, etc.

Anyway, good for you on letting the lawyer take a look.
Yes sir, there is "supposed" to be...........
I've said too much already.

Old 06-26-2020, 04:03 PM   #28
Stella Blue
Yucksamush

Come on down to Cape Scary for a couple days. I’ve heard about this stuff called “beer”.
Stella Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2020, 07:41 PM   #29
quazz
Reality can be a tricky thing

That is just flat out wrong. It would be criminal except the fat cats decide what is criminal and so it rarely applies to them.

93 Ford F150, leather shift knob (missing), rubber mats, AM/FM radio.
quazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2020, 07:44 PM   #30
quazz
Reality can be a tricky thing

On top of that and at risk of opening a useless health care debate, they should not be able to determine the health care you receive.

93 Ford F150, leather shift knob (missing), rubber mats, AM/FM radio.
quazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2020, 12:24 PM   #31
Sam9

Hang in there Coyote. Maybe one day it will be your day, and beep beep will be a light lunch.
Sam9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2020, 09:02 PM   #32
WileECoyote
ACME Test Subject

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam9 View Post
Hang in there Coyote. Maybe one day it will be your day, and beep beep will be a light lunch.
Thanks Sam, I will get that bastard. Even if in name.............Had another chemo and fellin angry. I think these things maybe screwing with my brain. Therapist said I need another type of anti depressant............I suggested murder.

Didnt go well.

Old 06-29-2020, 06:52 AM   #33
okaugust
They tried and died

Well hell.

I've been in the situation where I had to fight to keep an employee on the books through outsourcing layoffs, while she had cancer, and finding out my CFO had a heart after all. I'm sorry you didn't get the same luck.

I know it seems like every day you wake up and the luck thing is just not working for you, but I have to believe that you are meant for more to do in this world, I just feel it.

Mike and I used to seem to run into something happening all the time. I mean, it's like can I get through a month something doesn't go wrong? And my daughter, who is a little amazing human being but also a ball of anxiety, would say something like why does this stuff keep happening to me?

And I would tell her, that's life. From the outside, we all look like we are having the perfect life, but inside we take it on the chin day after day.

The thing we don't talk about is depression, and how well fook yeah we're depressed, why wouldn't we be? We have got to get over the feeling that it's not okay to be depressed, and not okay to get help for it.

When my doc put me on abilify, I told her I felt lousy all the time, angry and hurt and unable to overcome, outside of normal social relationships, and she looked at me and started working her way backward....

Oh, let's see, you're in the middle of a move, after your husband had a stroke where your dog had to be put down the next day, your daughter's stalker got out of the psych ward, your grandmother died, and she kept walking backwards, through being a single parent, getting a divorce, having the ex die, and on and on and on.

So I said, okay, let's try it. And as someone who hates being on any kind of meds, and who comes from a family with a history of self medicating and abusive behavior and alcoholism and addiction, being very reluctant...it was okay. Like I didn't feel up or down more than what suddenly seemed normal. It wasn't that I didn't feel, it was just that I could go okay, another hurdle, but I'm okay, I can get through this. I was still happy, sad, angry, but it didn't feel insurmountable.

It's unfortunate that society puts such a stigma on mental health. If your body is operating at a high level of stress for a long time, it changes your inner works in a way they almost don't know how to operate if there isn't stress. It takes time to bring that back in line. And for so many, treating depression, anxiety is no different from treating diabetes, for instance. It's just sometimes the connections don't go where they are supposed to, and we can fix that.

It's better than the alternatives. Consider it.

You got places to go, things to see, people to meet. Lawyers to hire.

Old 06-29-2020, 12:16 PM   #34
Torchsport
Deer Whisperer

Just wow. Hope it all gets better for ya.
Old 06-29-2020, 02:59 PM   #35
Duken4evr
Map Maven

Tina speaks the truth. There is so much anxiety, it is basically a low level widespread cognitive plague. Anxiety can be brought on be a feeling of being trapped, of having no idea how to get out of it, stress building up. I see it in my kids everyday life and it breaks my heart, as they have no reason to be anxious, but it seems to me (because I am exposed to a lot of them) every young female in my experience is pretty much crippled to some degree by anxiety, and that is their baseline of operation. I can think of one young girl who is not like this, and thank God my kid is living with her. My daughter's mental health has gotten much better since she started spending more time with her rare bird carefree friend. All this, and these kids are not facing anything like you are. Makes me wonder how in Hell they will face difficult issues in life when they arise, because they always do. Was talking with someone the other day and said "being over 50 is definitely not for pussies, WTF is over 60 gonna be like?"

Perhaps I am a little weird, but being a guy, my orientation is to want to solve problems by punching them in the face. Of course we can't do that as it is not socially acceptable, and some problems, like the health issue you are facing, can't be "solved" that way. A technique I like to practice is to "personify" whatever the problem is. I view the problem as an adversary to be confront and overcome, to defend against.

When those feelings of stress start creeping in, when it starts to feel hopeless, I try with all I have to say FU to that, to intentionally say no, "you" (cancer, work, etc) don't get to make me feel that way. I think it is important to be intentional in defending your mental state. It feels "natural" and "real" to sink into it, to fully immerse in it, but screw that, it is a lie, don't give in. Stay strong, protect yourself and do what you have to do to get through.

Riding helps clear my brain - it transports me literally and mentally. I ride dirt with buddies, but street I prefer to be alone, to wander way out there in the mountains. It is so relaxing, other than the task of riding the bike, the screen goes blank for awhile, and that respite is awesome.

Hang tough brother. From my perspective your primal desire to kill the MFers is healthy. It means you have plenty of fight in you, and that is good

Wise man said - "Don't go bagger too soon".

Get your FI maps right here:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/nr...1_Map_Pack.zip

Akra full exhaust mindless stationary rev out Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w5UNYBqHd7M

Last edited by Duken4evr; 06-29-2020 at 03:19 PM.
Duken4evr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2020, 03:05 PM   #36
longeze

Quote:
Originally Posted by okaugust View Post
...You got places to go, things to see, people to meet. Lawyers to hire.
Your comments were great and right on point(GF = a mental health pro), but this comment - priceless. PMSL x 1000!
longeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2020, 03:27 PM   #37
jredford
Musical Metal

Hang in there WileE.

2013 Ninja 300 Race Bike
2016 KTM 1290 Super Adventure
jredford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2020, 06:32 AM   #38
glory racing

Quote:
Originally Posted by WileECoyote View Post
Thank you all for the support. I did get my healthcare back for a limited time. They also agreed to a small severance. They also did pay me for my 1.5 week of vacation.
I started to make a stink about it all and had a local attorney look into it for me. Thats about it for now. Be back soon with more news. Again, thank you.
Hang tough as more good news shall come.
glory racing is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   FZ1OA Message Board > FZ1 & Fazer Owners Association > "Off Topic" Discussion