click here for fz1oa web site home page
register a new account, it's free!
email the fz1oa webmasters
read the fz1oa guidelines
read the fz1oa policy
open pat's fz1 site in a new window
open iowaz fz1 site in a new window
technical tips

Go Back   FZ1OA Message Board > FZ1 & Fazer Owners Association > FZ1 Problems & Issues > Gen 2 Problems & Issues

Old 06-02-2018, 08:34 AM   #41
REDFAZER03

If yours grenaded then you have pieces of magnet in your oil pan. A couple of oil changes along with filter should take care of it. It’s nonferrous so should not create a lot of grinding action.

The shield is titanium or some other nonferrous metal otherwise it could not produce current.
07 Raven. Ivanized Stage 4, Zero Gravity, Full Fairing, Michelin PP3, R1 shock, Sargent Seat, Arrow/Graves All Ti, NGK Iridium, Evotech hanger, PC5, Rizoma Rearsets, LED Integrated Tailight, Valter Moto LED signals, Copperdawg Radiator Guard, Ivan's Flash, Lars, AIS delete. Graves EXUP delete, S/W Mototech mirror extensions. CRG Levers. Motovation USA Sliders & Bar End Weights. Lowered w/ PSR lowering link & PSR adjustable side stand. Dyno tuned tweaked map. 146 HP. Super Premium Gas, 35 MPG
REDFAZER03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2018, 09:04 AM   #42
REDFAZER03

You can do me a huge favor by not miss quoting me. I never said there was anything wrong with Yamaha‘s manufacturing. I am an engineer and I understand that sometimes one design is replaced by a better one. What I am saying is that once you know you have a problem and customers are coming to you with very expensive repairs a decent company like maybe Apple, would offer to replace the part at no cost. If it’s bad enough you issue a recall. But Yamaha as a crappy company is dodging responsibility. I have had both the bad rotor and the cracked frame so in future I’ll be buying Kawasaki bikes, like the Ninja 1000 which is very similar to our FZ1. Thank you for playing what’s my gripe?

Quote:
Originally Posted by fermic37 View Post
EVERY company has their faults, and bad designs. Simply saying Yamaha sucks and has crappy manufacturing is quite obtuse.
07 Raven. Ivanized Stage 4, Zero Gravity, Full Fairing, Michelin PP3, R1 shock, Sargent Seat, Arrow/Graves All Ti, NGK Iridium, Evotech hanger, PC5, Rizoma Rearsets, LED Integrated Tailight, Valter Moto LED signals, Copperdawg Radiator Guard, Ivan's Flash, Lars, AIS delete. Graves EXUP delete, S/W Mototech mirror extensions. CRG Levers. Motovation USA Sliders & Bar End Weights. Lowered w/ PSR lowering link & PSR adjustable side stand. Dyno tuned tweaked map. 146 HP. Super Premium Gas, 35 MPG
REDFAZER03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2019, 10:46 AM   #43
Marquis
FZ1S

What are your thoughts on the £20-£50 stator, I've seen on e-bay I'm thinking of buying a cheap stator to get me back on the road, until i have enough money to pay for an oem rotor. Or until it explodes. whichever comes first.
Has anybody bought the stator from RMStator?
Marquis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2019, 03:31 PM   #44
iluvmyfz1
Just enjoy the machine....

Here's a thought, don't waste your time or money on a cheap yet critical part. The situation from Yamaha sucks bollocks, but do yourself a favor and use the correct new part from Yamaha. If you plan to ride the thing til the wheels fall off, this is the only way to go. But, good luck.
-'03 FZ1- "Xena"- Custom Orange/Red paint- FuzzyOne mirror mod- SW Motech QR racks- Givi E460 top- E21 side cases- SS brake lines - Scorpion slip-on- R6 shock- Throttlemeisters- Sargent seat- R1 shift arm- Custom sprocket cover- Cheap ass battery- Extended passenger pegs - Gauge of Eternal Coolness - Valtermoto Rearsets - LEDs -
iluvmyfz1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2019, 04:46 PM   #45
rdcusmc

I understand saving a couple bucks as much as the next guy. This is not a time to go cheap. Get the right part and pay. You are not just purchasing the stator - you are buying insurance against future repair. Do it right one time and forget about it. Peace of mind is worth the extra scratch.

Best,
Ron

2003 Blue FZ1 - Ivan's MB Jet kit, Akrapovic, GOEC w/remote and GPS, 07 R1 fork conversion w/6 pot brakes, R1 master cylinder, R1 rear wheel w/R6 caliper, Penske shock, Dirt Road seat, AIS removed, HID and LED lights, full Givi luggage, Galfer lines, chain oiler, Rizoma bar, cat-eye turn signals above headlights, grip heaters, factory lower fairings, air box mod w/high flow filter, Cometic thin head gasket, FazerPhil large gas tank mod.
rdcusmc is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   FZ1OA Message Board > FZ1 & Fazer Owners Association > FZ1 Problems & Issues > Gen 2 Problems & Issues