register a new account, it's free!
fz1oa store
email the fz1oa webmasters
read the fz1oa guidelines
read the fz1oa policy
open pat's fz1 site in a new window
open iowaz fz1 site in a new window
technical tips

Go Back   FZ1OA Message Board > FZ1 & Fazer Owners Association > FZ1OA Board Help & Suggestion Box

Old 03-31-2017, 05:58 PM   #1
jjandros

Lurker

Been lurking on the forums for the past few years. Figured it was time to officially join the boards considering how much help it's been to me. Now... how many post do I have to have to add an avatar picture? My god. Also, I have no social media so please excuse my ignorance.
jjandros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2017, 06:17 PM   #2
gotfz1
Do you like gladiator movies?

Welcome. Don't think there's a minimum. Try User CP -> Edit Avatar or

http://www.yamahafz1oa.com/forum/pro...?do=editavatar
Old 04-01-2017, 05:26 AM   #3
jjandros

Awesome man. Thank you
Old 04-01-2017, 05:14 PM   #4
WileECoyote
Meathead Extraordinaire

Lurker no more, heck he's even buying parts to become the newest mod whore...........

Good man, jump right in, the water is nice............
Co rider and mechanic, No current wins, cant seem to get around them anvils........sometimes tunnels arent really open......falls from cliffs usually slow me down..........WTF, where'd that piano come from?
Currently: Aprilia Tuono, 09 FZ1, 06 FZ1, 89 FZR1000, '02 XR650L THE TRACTOR
My long lost love.......1987 FZ700
WileECoyote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2017, 05:39 PM   #5
jjandros

ha. Yeah I put the bike in storage for the past year after buying off another gentleman on the forum back in 2014. Went ahead and ripped it down as soon as I got it and built her up. Then move to Virginia Beach and my work drive is an hour and a half one way and I cross the HRBT. So.... haven't had time to ride. Just moved the bike to the country side so that when I visit the inlaws I can actually enjoy riding again.

PO's mods:
Copperdawg speed screen
graves mivv slipon exhaust
exup eliminator
copperdawg secondary flies
Satan666 rear coil adapter
R1 rear shock
HID high beams

Things I did last year:
ivan's ECU flash
PC FC from Ivan
galfer front and rear SS brake lines
ASV levers
Pro Grip grips
Grave's aluminum bar ends
LARS airbox mod
BMC Air Filter
Gutted cat and polished sides
MotoDynamics integrated tail
fender eliminator
front R1 flush mount signals I modded to fit
CF heel plates
CF tank guard and fuel cap cover
Sergeant Seats
AIS and Emission block offs
SHogun Frame sliders
Frame plugs

Things I want to do this year:
CF under guard (check)
CF tail hugger (check)
CF tank sides (check)
Projector beam headlights (check)
copperdawg speed screen 2 (check)
DID chain + 16/46 sprocket set (check)
Speedohealer (check)
Healtech GI PRo (check)
MotoDynamics fender eliminator (check)
Gold sprocket nuts (check)
SV650 risers (check)
Radiator screen
black or gold rear sets
CF radiator guards
CF chain guard
CF undersides
Black powder coated parts

But yeah... definitely a love of mine and glad I can get back to her
I will always dream for another RX7 but can't afford the time or money to properly care for one at the moment. (couple more years. wink wink.)

if you made it this far reading.... simply, Thank you

Last edited by jjandros; 05-08-2017 at 04:30 PM.
Old 04-01-2017, 06:02 PM   #6
WileECoyote
Meathead Extraordinaire

That is an impressive list.
Check out PJs carbon fiber. He has a thread in the Vendors section. Looks like top quality stuff. May have to save up for that myself.
Co rider and mechanic, No current wins, cant seem to get around them anvils........sometimes tunnels arent really open......falls from cliffs usually slow me down..........WTF, where'd that piano come from?
Currently: Aprilia Tuono, 09 FZ1, 06 FZ1, 89 FZR1000, '02 XR650L THE TRACTOR
My long lost love.......1987 FZ700
WileECoyote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2017, 06:41 PM   #7
jjandros

Well I can check the carbon hugger and tank sides off the list lol. Thanks Amevl.

Hopefully I can get her where I want by the end of the season. Just threw a set of Michillen Pilot Road 4s on, spark plugs, oil, filter, and a valve adjustment. Only 1 had to be shimmed thank god.

Afraid a nice set of rearsets, chain and sprocket, and projector headlamps are gonna bust the bank this time around... but... hobbies are hobbies
Old 04-02-2017, 07:04 AM   #8
iluvmyfz1
Just enjoy the machine....

Welcome and nice bike. Looks like mod fever is in full effect.

I still have one RX, '84 GSL-SE, although at this point she's in storage and is that project waiting to be started.
-'03 FZ1- "Xena"- Custom Orange/Red paint- FuzzyOne mirror mod- SW Motech QR racks- Givi E460 top- E21 side cases- SS brake lines - Scorpion slip-on- R6 shock- Throttlemeisters- Sargent seat- R1 shift arm- Custom sprocket cover- Cheap ass battery- Extended passenger pegs - Gauge of Eternal Coolness - Valtermoto Rearsets - HIDs -
iluvmyfz1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2017, 10:15 AM   #9
jjandros

Quote:
Originally Posted by iluvmyfz1 View Post
Welcome and nice bike. Looks like mod fever is in full effect.

I still have one RX, '84 GSL-SE, although at this point she's in storage and is that project waiting to be started.
Very jealous. I've had three FCs (if you count my untitled parts car as one), but never had enough time to get it where I wanted. Hopefully I can get a house with a large garage this year and get started on another rotary again. Miss that smell...

What all you have left on the FB?
Old 04-02-2017, 02:27 PM   #10
iluvmyfz1

She runs and drives, but needs a new front bumper skin, some dings removed, A/C rebuild, and I removed the carpet from a leak around the sunroof drain. Definitely a project, one that needs a garage I also do not have at the moment. Moved from Atlanta last summer to south Florida and currently renting a place on the water. Looks nice but I need to get back to a house with garage/shop.

I owned one FC, a '90 GXL, but it was an auto. I restored it, and it was a sharp looking red baby, but that auto kills the rotary, so off she went.

After getting a ride in one when I was 15, I was hooked, even though I grew up with big block Mopars. First was an '80, which had 252k when I flipped it three times. Great car!

The SE has about all options for '84, including moonroof. When I get back to it, I'll add the front air dam and rear spoiler. I've been looking at JDM 3-rotor twin turbo units. What a sleeper and still doesn't kill the overall weight or the excellent distribution.
-'03 FZ1- "Xena"- Custom Orange/Red paint- FuzzyOne mirror mod- SW Motech QR racks- Givi E460 top- E21 side cases- SS brake lines - Scorpion slip-on- R6 shock- Throttlemeisters- Sargent seat- R1 shift arm- Custom sprocket cover- Cheap ass battery- Extended passenger pegs - Gauge of Eternal Coolness - Valtermoto Rearsets - HIDs -
Old 04-03-2017, 10:02 AM   #11
jjandros

The a/c; you already do a 134R conversion?
I feel you about the garage, left an apartment with a two car and moved into one that has none now. The bike had to stay in storage and the RX7 had to go to a better home.

It's funny; I remember the first car magazine a buddy showed me and he was infatuated with the GTR skyline R32. I saw a car in the background and was like what's that?! Rx7 Fc. Hooked ever since.

Jeez... if you manage to get a 3 rotor for a decent price you're gonna make a lot of guys jealous lol. I'd love a 20B but for the price of the long block I can build a 400HP single turbo 13BREW swap. Of course... say goodbye to low end and driceability at that point.

You should post up some pictures sometime. Nostalgia
Old 04-04-2017, 09:49 AM   #12
iluvmyfz1

Yes, 134 conversion done years ago, but now needs a compressor and.....

Thinking about the 20B to gain power, keep low end torque, and maintain excellent driveability. Decent price, no, I think it will be a bit pricey. I'll have to dig around for some older photos when she was shiny.
Old 04-04-2017, 01:42 PM   #13
jjandros

Making me jealous man. lol. The 20B is a rediculous motor. Hopefully in the next few years we'll see more being imported as the Cosmo's hit the 25 year import mark. Good luck with the build and definitely throw up a few classy pics. I need to get another... .jeez

Go Back   FZ1OA Message Board > FZ1 & Fazer Owners Association > FZ1OA Board Help & Suggestion Box