click here for fz1oa web site home page
register a new account, it's free!
email the fz1oa webmasters
read the fz1oa guidelines
read the fz1oa policy
open pat's fz1 site in a new window
open iowaz fz1 site in a new window
technical tips

Go Back   FZ1OA Message Board > FZ1 & Fazer Owners Association > General Motorcycle Discussion

Old 07-11-2019, 12:08 PM   #2821
Alley Oop
Proof That Man Rode Dinosaurs

Was catching up on the GP races while home recovering from spine surgery.

I woke up this morning with the Spanish national anthem going through my head.

Make it stop!

Alley Oop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2019, 05:52 PM   #2822
Cougar
Nerd Herder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alley Oop View Post
Was catching up on the GP races while home recovering from spine surgery.

I woke up this morning with the Spanish national anthem going through my head.

Make it stop!

Spine surgery?! Holy Shit!!! How the heck are you doing?
'06, Ivan's ECU Flash, PCIII, Scorpion Can, Airbox Mod, Wire Re-route, 16T, Speedohealer, Ivan's AIS Kit, Cat Skinned, Flies Swatted, EXUP Gone, Lower Fairings, EvoTech Fender Eliminator, Givi V35's and Top Box, SW-Motech Racks, FZ-6 Footpeg Rubber, Blind Spot's Fuel Line, Fren Tubo Brake Lines & Pazzo Levers, Luke's Seat Latch Mod, R1 Shock & Satan's Adapter, Duken4evr Fork Oil, R6 Throttle, CD Screen

Cougar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2019, 10:08 AM   #2823
Alley Oop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cougar View Post
Spine surgery?! Holy Shit!!! How the heck are you doing?

Well, I'm still not riding the motorcycle, yet.

I can't even sit on a stool.

But I'm better every day.

The first week was pure torture and exhausting. I'm at three weeks now. The incision has healed amazingly well.

My spinal nerves at L5 were getting both pushed (disc compression) and pulled (disc adhesion), so I was all jacked up. Left leg and foot was weakened, and I didn't even know it.

I put off the surgery for ten years but pulled the trigger when I found the right surgeon. He's Dutch with a PhD in Biomedical Engineering in addition to his medical degree. If you're on the West Coast you're lucky, because the day of my surgery was his last surgery in Florida. He's moving to Northern California to practice there and help pioneer robotic surgery.

Kornelis Poelstra is his name. Cool guy. I remember the last thing he said to me was, "live long and prosper."

Thanks for asking! It's a big deal to me, but I think about all the people who have it much worse. And I really did enjoy the time off work to watch the Women's World Cup and MotoGP races.
Old 07-12-2019, 01:37 PM   #2824
ralphcor

Good luck on speedy recovery!!
Old 07-12-2019, 01:41 PM   #2825
gotfz1
Do you like gladiator movies?

+11 Shaun
Old 07-13-2019, 07:19 AM   #2826
didier9

That's scary but it looks like you got a great surgeon to do the job!
I wish you speedy recovery, it's too hot to ride down here right now anyways...
Old 07-18-2019, 01:10 PM   #2827
Alley Oop

Thanks, guys. I appreciate it.
Old 08-11-2019, 05:57 PM   #2828
longeze

Not sure if this is the right place for this, but if you missed the Austrian GP, you'll get another chance to watch or Tivo it later tonight on Bein sports. Definitely one of the best races I've ever seen.
longeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2019, 06:38 PM   #2829
Dicko
Way more sport than tourer

Austria threw up 4 great races. Moto E, 3, 2 and GP were all great races for different reasons, Moto E was good close diciing on a drying track, Moto3 was a great battle as always. Moto2 had all the leading bunch dropping like flies which kept it exciting. The last lap of MotoGP was great.
Brembo 16mm Radial MC, ASV short Levers, Brembo GP4-RX calipers, Hell braided lines, R1 Fender, Ohlins FGRT 206 forks, Ohlins shock (tuned - Racebike Services), Marchesini rims, Vortex 48t sprocket, Arrow Headers - Micron GP slipon, tailtidy, Rizoma (risers, conical bars, Lux grips, bar ends, 744 mirrors, fluid reservoir, Rev rearsets/B Pro pegs), Speedo healer, BMC filter, AIS Block off, PCV (tuned - Neville Lush Racing), Pirelli DR III, Ivan's ECU, GF-Design LED Blinkers, DID gold chain
Dicko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2019, 09:08 PM   #2830
Dicko

WOW, What a finish in Britain!!! 4th closest finish in the history of MotoGP and I love how Rins was looking over at Marc as he snuck across the line ahead!!! if the race finished the lap before, Rins would have taken the win by 0.001 seconds and by going around the OUTSIDE!!
Brembo 16mm Radial MC, ASV short Levers, Brembo GP4-RX calipers, Hell braided lines, R1 Fender, Ohlins FGRT 206 forks, Ohlins shock (tuned - Racebike Services), Marchesini rims, Vortex 48t sprocket, Arrow Headers - Micron GP slipon, tailtidy, Rizoma (risers, conical bars, Lux grips, bar ends, 744 mirrors, fluid reservoir, Rev rearsets/B Pro pegs), Speedo healer, BMC filter, AIS Block off, PCV (tuned - Neville Lush Racing), Pirelli DR III, Ivan's ECU, GF-Design LED Blinkers, DID gold chain
Old 08-29-2019, 04:52 PM   #2831
Drew
Mighty Tonka!

Great race! Glad someone is challenging Marc once and awhile. Epic finish. Dovi/Quateraro crash was cringe-worthy, hope Dovi will be 100% for next race in Misano.

Had to watch the super-close 1979 Roberts/Sheen Silverstone race ending. Holy crap! Look at those staked haybales! (at least they started sawing the posts halfway through so they would give a little when you slid into them at 100mph! Safety first, you know.)

https://youtu.be/a1tGIgox3kM
Old 09-08-2019, 05:00 PM   #2832
reason2squeal

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drew View Post
Great race! Glad someone is challenging Marc once and awhile. Epic finish. Dovi/Quateraro crash was cringe-worthy, hope Dovi will be 100% for next race in Misano.

Had to watch the super-close 1979 Roberts/Sheen Silverstone race ending. Holy crap! Look at those staked haybales! (at least they started sawing the posts halfway through so they would give a little when you slid into them at 100mph! Safety first, you know.)

https://youtu.be/a1tGIgox3kM
Silverstone race ......... music to my ears
reason2squeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2019, 10:35 PM   #2833
Dicko

Wow, Marquez crash in FP1 was HUGE. He won't be riding that RCV again anytime soon, there was no rear end left and I never saw where the rear tire ended up!!! Lucky man he is!!! Still no word on his condition as I type this, he did walk/limp away very gingerly though which was promising. His mechanics are going to be busy building a bike for a while...
Old 10-04-2019, 04:05 AM   #2834
Banzai
10,000 Years

He will be there for FP2 albeit with some bruising on his leg. He did seem to stay with the bike for a while, probably trying to do his usual recovery trick but got caught under it.

Carbon fibre swing-arm destroyed in the crash.
Banzai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2019, 04:54 AM   #2835
grommet
kinetic mentality

Unplanned violent disassembly.

He was lucky to not tangle with that bike as it destroyed itself.

Partly stabilized, partly curious.

Be your own man; don't be an owned man.

Some people would rather be dead than wrong.
grommet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2019, 10:23 AM   #2836
ralphcor

How many lives does he have left?!
Old 10-04-2019, 10:57 AM   #2837
didier9

It looked like the bike was chasing him, lucky he was to stay ahead of it...
Old 10-06-2019, 04:48 PM   #2838
Drew
Mighty Tonka!

Massive high-side, almost clobbered by bike, back for FP2 several hours later with decent times and later, qualifying. Battle Fabio youngster in race to epic last lap battle, win race and championship.

Gotta give Marc much respect for his total commitment to the sport and incredible skill. Always riding on the bleeding edge of physics, then unbelievable saves when he goes over that edge. Congratulations Marc on your 8th Championship and thanks for the entertainment you and your rivals provide!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2019 championship edit.jpg (162.7 KB, 30 views)
Old 10-06-2019, 05:53 PM   #2839
WileECoyote
ACME Test Subject

Location: Bridgeville PA, its not Ten Cee but okay for now......
He's just unreal. Congrats.

My long lost love.......1987 FZ700
WileECoyote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2019, 07:54 PM   #2840
ralphcor

Well deserved. Hope he rides the remaining races smart and doesn't take too many chances that result in getting hurt.

It would take Lorenzo going back to Ducati or Yamaha to beat the only one that can ride HRC, and that would still take 2 years to get back up to speed.

Go Back   FZ1OA Message Board > FZ1 & Fazer Owners Association > General Motorcycle Discussion