make a donation to the fz1oa
fz1oa chat
fz1oa picture uploader
maintain your own photo albums
locate fz1oa members
search the entire board
click here for fz1oa web site home page
register a new account, it's free!
email the fz1oa webmasters
read the fz1oa guidelines
read the fz1oa policy
open pat's fz1 site in a new window
open iowaz fz1 site in a new window
technical tips

Go Back   FZ1OA Message Board > FZ1 & Fazer Owners Association > Parts & Accessories > Gen 1 Parts & Accessories

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-04-2020, 12:27 PM   #1
msolorza415
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2020
Posts: 9
WTB parts needed for crashed 1st gen. And new member introduction

Hello, my name is Marc, I am a 33 year old rider with 3 years experience and 2 freeway crashes under my belt with no broken bones (miracle) I am looking to put my bike back together, and hopefully not crash again.

I was hoping some one on here has a donor bike or something, that can provide me with the parts i need. Also if you have a complete and clean bumble bee scheme, i maybe willing to buy all the body parts.

I need the front cowl, headlights, RPM speedo cluster gauge, front fender, and maybe a seat if its clean and at a good deal.

415-286-2o36 is my cell texts are ok. thanks!
msolorza415 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2020, 12:43 PM   #2
grommet
kinetic mentality
 
grommet's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: hangin' with Toto
Posts: 13,287
Welcome, Marc. Sorry to hear of your crash. We've all been there. (the vast majority, at least)

You may find it cheaper and less hassle to buy another complete bike. They are going for rock-bottom prices and some are in excellent condition.

Best wishes getting back to riding.
__________________
Patient zero.


Partly stabilized, partly curious.


Be your own man; don't be an owned man.

Some people would rather be dead than wrong.
grommet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2020, 12:49 PM   #3
msolorza415
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2020
Posts: 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by grommet View Post
Welcome, Marc. Sorry to hear of your crash. We've all been there. (the vast majority, at least)

You may find it cheaper and less hassle to buy another complete bike. They are going for rock-bottom prices and some are in excellent condition.

Best wishes getting back to riding.

I figure i should try this, becuase if i dont have to pay the new part prices, it should be well worth fixing since it still drives good
msolorza415 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2020, 05:02 PM   #4
dingbat
I brake for ice cream.
 
dingbat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Up the hill or down the hill.
Posts: 760
Quote:
Originally Posted by msolorza415 View Post
Hello, my name is Marc, I am a 33 year old rider with 3 years experience and 2 freeway crashes under my belt with no broken bones (miracle) I am looking to put my bike back together, and hopefully not crash again.

I was hoping some one on here has a donor bike or something, that can provide me with the parts i need. Also if you have a complete and clean bumble bee scheme, i maybe willing to buy all the body parts.

I need the front cowl, headlights, RPM speedo cluster gauge, front fender, and maybe a seat if its clean and at a good deal.

415-286-2o36 is my cell texts are ok. thanks!
Hi Marc,

Where are you located? I think I have a headlight assembly you could have for cost of shipping. I may have the two inner panels too if you need them. One has a small crack by the mounting hole but would function as is or could be repaired. (I think they're ABS)
If you banged up all that stuff you listed, the sub frame for the fairing is likely bent and you will need that as well.

More important than fixing the bike, or getting a new one, what are you doing to improve your skills/judgement/environmental awareness to reduce your chances of crashing again?

Glad things didn't turn out worse for you!
__________________
Wff. Check. Check OK.... Do you even logic bro?
dingbat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2020, 08:43 PM   #5
hooligan998
Save a life, grope your wife!
 
hooligan998's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Chester, VA
Posts: 5,255
Quote:
Originally Posted by msolorza415 View Post
Hello, my name is Marc, I am a 33 year old rider with 3 years experience and 2 freeway crashes under my belt with no broken bones (miracle) I am looking to put my bike back together, and hopefully not crash again.

I was hoping some one on here has a donor bike or something, that can provide me with the parts i need. Also if you have a complete and clean bumble bee scheme, i maybe willing to buy all the body parts.

I need the front cowl, headlights, RPM speedo cluster gauge, front fender, and maybe a seat if its clean and at a good deal.

415-286-2o36 is my cell texts are ok. thanks!

Hopefully your trend improves. Good luck with the rebuild. Oh and....


__________________
"Hey Cancer, Téigh trasna ort féin!" - Saying on one of Jackie's pink t-shirts.
hooligan998 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2020, 07:23 AM   #6
msolorza415
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2020
Posts: 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by dingbat View Post
Hi Marc,

Where are you located? I think I have a headlight assembly you could have for cost of shipping. I may have the two inner panels too if you need them. One has a small crack by the mounting hole but would function as is or could be repaired. (I think they're ABS)
If you banged up all that stuff you listed, the sub frame for the fairing is likely bent and you will need that as well.

More important than fixing the bike, or getting a new one, what are you doing to improve your skills/judgement/environmental awareness to reduce your chances of crashing again?

Glad things didn't turn out worse for you!
Hello friend, thank you so much!, i live in san francisco CA. Highway patrol is making me get my license M1 license, they gave me a fix it ticket at the accident seeing as this one weas my fault. so after the covid thing ends, i will be taking the safety classes. Although i have always been a good driver, the 1st accident wasnt my fault. and this one, i just peeked down at my navigation, and the lady infront of my slammed her brakes on. But yes they were both painfull accidents, and i get wiser everytime.

My upper fairing holding bracket is bent to the point of no repair yes, I ordered the only one i can find off of ebay, that is bent within repair, but if you have a good one, i will defenetly buy it. I will PM you now. thank you so much!
msolorza415 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2020, 07:24 AM   #7
msolorza415
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2020
Posts: 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan998 View Post
Hopefully your trend improves. Good luck with the rebuild. Oh and....


Hello friend, I am not totally sure how to post pics, without risking my post getting took down.
msolorza415 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2020, 12:08 PM   #8
dingbat
I brake for ice cream.
 
dingbat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Up the hill or down the hill.
Posts: 760
Quote:
Originally Posted by msolorza415 View Post
Hello friend, thank you so much!, i live in san francisco CA. Highway patrol is making me get my license M1 license, they gave me a fix it ticket at the accident seeing as this one weas my fault. so after the covid thing ends, i will be taking the safety classes. Although i have always been a good driver, the 1st accident wasnt my fault. and this one, i just peeked down at my navigation, and the lady infront of my slammed her brakes on. But yes they were both painfull accidents, and i get wiser everytime.

My upper fairing holding bracket is bent to the point of no repair yes, I ordered the only one i can find off of ebay, that is bent within repair, but if you have a good one, i will defenetly buy it. I will PM you now. thank you so much!
Sorry for the confusion, I just have headlights and the inner fairing panels. I do not have a fairing subframe.

I'll reply to your pm and get details for getting the parts I have out to you.

That's great that you're going to take the safety class. If you haven't found it already, check out the body positioning thread here: http://yamahafz1oa.com/forum/showthread.php?t=76662

It's a long read, but well worth the time.

Sport Riding Techniques by Nick Ienatsch is worth a read in my opinion and he has a great thread here about braking at lean angles: http://yamahafz1oa.com/forum/showthread.php?t=122811

Twist of the Wrist 2 by Kieth Code also.

Keep in mind that many classes you take, books and threads you read, and videos you watch will cover a lot of the same stuff and may start to seem redundant. Everyone presents the information a different way though and has some insights the others may not. The repetition doesn't hurt either.
__________________
Wff. Check. Check OK.... Do you even logic bro?
dingbat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2020, 01:12 PM   #9
Bunk
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2019
Posts: 51
fwiw- He bought my stock seat with as little fuss as anyone could ask for.

Edit...UPS killed the deal.
__________________
05 fz1, 91 rgv250, 86 gszr750 custom, 86 gsxr1100 survivor. Cause bucket list.

Last edited by Bunk; 05-06-2020 at 10:44 AM.
Bunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2020, 12:59 PM   #10
dingbat
I brake for ice cream.
 
dingbat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Up the hill or down the hill.
Posts: 760
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunk View Post
Edit...UPS killed the deal.
How so?
__________________
Wff. Check. Check OK.... Do you even logic bro?
dingbat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2020, 09:28 PM   #11
Bunk
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2019
Posts: 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by dingbat View Post
How so?
Too expensive. Then again I may be a bad guesser of shipping, is $50 reasonable from Wa to Cali for a $50 seat? I figured $30 tops..
__________________
05 fz1, 91 rgv250, 86 gszr750 custom, 86 gsxr1100 survivor. Cause bucket list.
Bunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2020, 03:56 AM   #12
dingbat
I brake for ice cream.
 
dingbat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Up the hill or down the hill.
Posts: 760
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunk View Post
Too expensive. Then again I may be a bad guesser of shipping, is $50 reasonable from Wa to Cali for a $50 seat? I figured $30 tops..
Ah,
Hard to say. Usually when packages get to a certain size they charge by volume rather than weight. Seems like shipping rates have gone berserk in the last few years.

The box I jut shipped from NC to CA cost about $55. 17"x13"x13". When I estimated it using the usps calculator online it looked like it was going to be around $70.

Anyway, in my experience you were right about the o.p.
He communicated very clearly, replied promptly, and paid promptly.
We didn't do a sale so much as he just covered the shipping. Since others on this site have done the same for me in the past, I took a risk and just shipped it, then let him know the cost. This guy settled up with me within the hour.
Seems like a decent fellow.
__________________
Wff. Check. Check OK.... Do you even logic bro?
dingbat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2020, 07:51 AM   #13
Dilligaf2u
Dilligaf2U
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: GTA aka The Big Smoke (Toronto CA)
Posts: 16
You might want to try the bus shipping reasonable, a bit cumbersome as you have to drop off anf pick up at the bus station.
Good luck on the rebuild
__________________
Thanks

Dilligaf
rmwl2:
Dilligaf2u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2020, 07:55 AM   #14
msolorza415
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2020
Posts: 9
I was contacted and made a deal with a seller who said he sent it, but wouldnt accept payment or give me a tracking number. 2 weeks later hes not responding to phone calls or texts. so by tomarrow 3-21-20 ill be in the market for a faring front cowl, and front fender. that is all i need.. If some one could show here could show me more legit options than ebay has, that would be great, and much aprecieated.

Thanks!
msolorza415 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Go Back   FZ1OA Message Board > FZ1 & Fazer Owners Association > Parts & Accessories > Gen 1 Parts & Accessories


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 02:51 PM.


Questions? Comments?
Click on name below to contact via PM
Rabeet (Admin) Desmo (Admin)

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Website and Message Board Contents Copyright 2001-2007 FZ1OA
The marks YAMAHA® and FZ1® are used under license from Yamaha Motor Corporation, U.S.A.
The information on this web site is NOT approved or endorsed by Yamaha Motor Corporation in any way.
Page generated in 0.11793 seconds with 10 queries