click here for fz1oa web site home page
register a new account, it's free!
email the fz1oa webmasters
read the fz1oa guidelines
read the fz1oa policy
open pat's fz1 site in a new window
open iowaz fz1 site in a new window
technical tips

Go Back   FZ1OA Message Board > FZ1 & Fazer Owners Association > Computers & TechGadgetry

Old 09-13-2017, 05:13 AM   #1
Dbl K
I have created Fire!

Anyone have Sling TV?

What's the good and the bad? From what I can figure it would be about $30 cheaper a month for me for pretty much all the same channels, well the important ones anyway.
Old 09-13-2017, 05:45 AM   #2
AndyW
Dumbass with a full PM inbox..

I cut the cord last year and haven't looked back. That said, I don't have a "package" and just use the various networks apps on my smartTV where I can.

I started looking into the various streaming options recently, came across this:

https://www.tomsguide.com/us/youtube...ews-24578.html

Which would you prefer?
AndyW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2017, 09:16 AM   #3
Newtown Chris

and then there are the questionable methods, apps, etc...
Newtown Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2017, 09:34 AM   #4
Cougar
Nerd Herder

I had SlingTV for a while about a year ago. It would freeze sometimes but the most annoying thing by far, believe it or not, was the lack of commercials. Instead of commercials they play the same computerized "music" (and I use that term very loosely) and it drove me crazy.. Without the ability to record programs and fast forward through the commercials I cancelled the service after a few weeks.
'06, Ivan's ECU Flash, PCIII, Scorpion Can, Airbox Mod, Wire Re-route, 16T, Speedohealer, Ivan's AIS Kit, Cat Skinned, Flies Swatted, EXUP Gone, Lower Fairings, EvoTech Fender Eliminator, Givi V35's and Top Box, SW-Motech Racks, FZ-6 Footpeg Rubber, Blind Spot's Fuel Line, Fren Tubo Brake Lines & Pazzo Levers, Luke's Seat Latch Mod, R1 Shock & Satan's Adapter, Duken4evr Fork Oil, R6 Throttle, CD Screen

Last edited by Cougar; 09-13-2017 at 10:47 AM.
Cougar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2017, 09:41 AM   #5
iluvmyfz1
Just enjoy the machine....

I also highly suggest a small "HDTV" antenna if you are in or near metro Atlanta, and can mount it outside. I was pulling in almost 80 channels from Sugar Hill, of which 20 were solidly watchable, all in HD, most in 720, a few in 1080. I bought the antenna online for about $70 bucks years ago, but I think they've come down to around $40. Not huge either, fairly small and had an amplifier and built-in rotator.

Cable and satellite companies suck.
-'03 FZ1- "Xena"- Custom Orange/Red paint- FuzzyOne mirror mod- SW Motech QR racks- Givi E460 top- E21 side cases- SS brake lines - Scorpion slip-on- R6 shock- Throttlemeisters- Sargent seat- R1 shift arm- Custom sprocket cover- Cheap ass battery- Extended passenger pegs - Gauge of Eternal Coolness - Valtermoto Rearsets - LEDs -
iluvmyfz1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2017, 11:17 AM   #6
Duken4evr
Map Maven

I use this cheap little guy, it rocks for recording over the air TV, been using it for a few years now. It's menus are clunky but it works. Whadda want for $29...

https://www.amazon.com/ViewTV-AT-163.../dp/B00GGVPKKC

Using a spare 1TB laptop hard drive left over from an SSD upgrade in a $10 USB enclosure to record to. A big thumb drive works too, but 1 hour of over the air 1080p uses just over 7GB of space, so lots of storage is a must. The picture is beautiful though, better than anything I used to pay for

Wise man said - "Don't go bagger too soon".

Get your FI maps right here:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/nr...1_Map_Pack.zip

Akra full exhaust mindless stationary rev out Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w5UNYBqHd7M
Duken4evr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2017, 12:07 PM   #7
Gamecock
Retro Goodness!

If it weren't for live sports.....

To those dead souls inching along the freeways in their metal coffins,...... ..we show them that the human spirit is still alive.
Gamecock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2017, 04:10 PM   #8
iluvmyfz1
Just enjoy the machine....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamecock View Post
No need for cable or satellite to stream in MotoGP live....
-'03 FZ1- "Xena"- Custom Orange/Red paint- FuzzyOne mirror mod- SW Motech QR racks- Givi E460 top- E21 side cases- SS brake lines - Scorpion slip-on- R6 shock- Throttlemeisters- Sargent seat- R1 shift arm- Custom sprocket cover- Cheap ass battery- Extended passenger pegs - Gauge of Eternal Coolness - Valtermoto Rearsets - LEDs -
iluvmyfz1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2017, 06:47 PM   #9
hotboot
pony boy carry me home

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamecock View Post
And picture quality and dolby audio and DVR integration and NFL Sunday Ticket on DTV...
I have an older grandfathered DTV dealer account, if I had to pay full msrp I might change my mind.
Getting what you watch via streaming is getting easier and cheaper, TIVO and Slingbox or a Roku all depend on robust bandwidth. DSL at 4 pm on a Sunday afternoon will tick you off. There is nothing better than a strong OTA signal to a quality TV, run it through a HDD device or Amazon recorder for pause and rewind and you may not look back.

Go Back   FZ1OA Message Board > FZ1 & Fazer Owners Association > Computers & TechGadgetry