register a new account, it's free!
fz1oa store
email the fz1oa webmasters
read the fz1oa guidelines
read the fz1oa policy
open pat's fz1 site in a new window
open iowaz fz1 site in a new window
technical tips

Go Back   FZ1OA Message Board > FZ1 & Fazer Owners Association > Exhausts, Carburetion & Performance > Gen 2 Exhausts, Fueling & Performance

Old 03-07-2013, 08:29 AM   #141
whittlebeast

The fast PWC guys are running the 1/8 at 105 MPH now. 500-600 hp out of 1500 cc. Way cool stuff.

Holeshot Highmount quiet, No-Mar Fender Eliminator, SW-MOTECH Bar risers and Crashbars with Saten666 highway pegs, HEL Stainless brake lines, PC5 with full time widebands and data logging running a MAP based custom map tuned with MegaLogViewer HD, T-Rex Frame sliders, 16 - 45 gears, Throttlemeister.
whittlebeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 08:11 PM   #142
troyw
Krankor Will Rule!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Havagan View Post
Personal Water Craft -- ya know, those guys who wanna ride motorcycles but like the water landing over asphault.
Old 03-10-2013, 04:10 PM   #143
Ivan
Performance Master

Minor update.....

I got the subs doing exactly what I want them to do in all the gears.... there feels like there is a little more power in the 4-6000 range than what was in the chart that I posted previously.... I'll have more charts coming this week.

Troy's "Pa-Paaaa" symptom is completely solved as well.... I did it with the stock throttle plates and it's perfect with the new opening rate... I need to retest to see if it will tolerate my plates, or no plates.
(I know that there will be questions about this, but I don't have all the answers yet )

The bike now will instantly lift the front wheel at 4500 rpm with just a quick jerk of the throttle in 1st gear.
Staying "in it" is a daunting task now...

Ignition timing is set across the whole range in all gears and all throttle positions... I'm pretty sure that it's spot on.... so I will be removing the IM by the end of this week.
(I have to see if I can improve it... it's just my nature )

There are so many tables in there.... finding out what each one does is very time consuming, frustrating at times, and makes me tired.... Then editing them, and testing them.... way more work than a power commander.

I also have a set of stock R1 velocity stacks (the short ones) just to see if the top end will go up any higher.

Ivan
Old 03-10-2013, 04:15 PM   #144
Cougar
Nerd Herder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivan View Post
Minor update.....

I got the subs doing exactly what I want them to do in all the gears.... there feels like there is a little more power in the 4-6000 range than what was in the chart that I posted previously.... I'll have more charts coming this week.

Troy's "Pa-Paaaa" symptom is completely solved as well.... I did it with the stock throttle plates and it's perfect with the new opening rate... I need to retest to see if it will tolerate my plates, or no plates.
(I know that there will be questions about this, but I don't have all the answers yet )

The bike now will instantly lift the front wheel at 4500 rpm with just a quick jerk of the throttle in 1st gear.
Staying "in it" is a daunting task now...

Ignition timing is set across the whole range in all gears and all throttle positions... I'm pretty sure that it's spot on.... so I will be removing the IM by the end of this week.
(I have to see if I can improve it... it's just my nature )

There are so many tables in there.... finding out what each one does is very time consuming, frustrating at times, and makes me tired.... Then editing them, and testing them.... way more work than a power commander.

I also have a set of stock R1 velocity stacks (the short ones) just to see if the top end will go up any higher.

Ivan
I think that you need another ECU to test, just to be sure. I'll be happy to send you mine!
'06, Ivan's ECU Flash, PCIII, Scorpion Can, Airbox Mod, Wire Re-route, 16T, Speedohealer, Ivan's AIS Kit, Cat Skinned, Flies Swatted, EXUP Gone, Lower Fairings, EvoTech Fender Eliminator, Givi V35's and Top Box, SW-Motech Racks, FZ-6 Footpeg Rubber, Blind Spot's Fuel Line, Fren Tubo Brake Lines & Pazzo Levers, Luke's Seat Latch Mod, R1 Shock & Satan's Adapter, Duken4evr Fork Oil, R6 Throttle, CD Screen

Cougar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 04:18 PM   #145
Ivan
Performance Master

I have 2 ....
Old 03-10-2013, 04:35 PM   #146
Cougar
Nerd Herder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivan View Post
I have 2 ....
Exactly! Of course you need 3 for the tests to be valid!!!
'06, Ivan's ECU Flash, PCIII, Scorpion Can, Airbox Mod, Wire Re-route, 16T, Speedohealer, Ivan's AIS Kit, Cat Skinned, Flies Swatted, EXUP Gone, Lower Fairings, EvoTech Fender Eliminator, Givi V35's and Top Box, SW-Motech Racks, FZ-6 Footpeg Rubber, Blind Spot's Fuel Line, Fren Tubo Brake Lines & Pazzo Levers, Luke's Seat Latch Mod, R1 Shock & Satan's Adapter, Duken4evr Fork Oil, R6 Throttle, CD Screen

Cougar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 05:20 PM   #147
whittlebeast

Hacking ECUs and seeing the results will make you start questioning everything that you previously thought was gospel.

It is great fun. I wish you the best of luck Ivan. Keep going. I can't wait to get one of these on the data loggers.

Andy

Holeshot Highmount quiet, No-Mar Fender Eliminator, SW-MOTECH Bar risers and Crashbars with Saten666 highway pegs, HEL Stainless brake lines, PC5 with full time widebands and data logging running a MAP based custom map tuned with MegaLogViewer HD, T-Rex Frame sliders, 16 - 45 gears, Throttlemeister.
whittlebeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 06:56 PM   #148
mainlan

I'm in. Like most things, price will ultimately dictate but I like what I've been reading for weeks now.

I confess, I almost sold the bike because there weren't any more mods I liked but it is such a great bike I had to keep it.

This one is right up my alley as I'd prefer to go without my FCE or an IM.

Great work Ivan.

I wish I could fast forward to the next month but I will wait (not that I have a choice).

Other bikes in the stable:
Honda CRF450x - Tarded
Honda CRF250r - Trail ready

>40 n still playing in da dirt !!
mainlan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 02:08 AM   #149
Brian7cees
2006 FZ1 w/ a Flash

Agreed, good work Ivan!! My bike is a stock 2006 with low Miles. If you want a 2006 to do the standard ecu job on and get some independent input as to how it does I am your guy. And yes I will pay you what you want to do it too:-)....
Brian7cees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 04:42 AM   #150
Ivan
Performance Master

My bike is a 2006 and the other ecu that I am working with is from a 2008...

But thanks for the offer !!

Ivan
Old 03-11-2013, 08:54 AM   #151
CrazyBiker
Smooottthhh....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cougar View Post
Exactly! Of course you need 3 for the tests to be valid!!!
Yes, any scientific validation needs the experimental sample set to be atleast 3 to be valid

2012 S1000RR Premium Motorsport
Brock Full Exhaust|GPR Damper|Sato Rearsets|Sargent Seat|Oxford Heated Grips|GBR/Woodcraft protectors|Blue SS Lines|Motodynamics signals

2014 S1000R Premium White
Akra GP,Rizoma mirrors,Ermax Bellypan,Tecbike CAT,V-stream,Wunderlich Seat,360° LED signals,R&G+Puig Protection

Hepco Becker Luggage System for both
2007 Raven FZ1-R SOLD!

CrazyBiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 12:21 PM   #152
ralphcor

"The bike now will instantly lift the front wheel at 4500 rpm with just a quick jerk of the throttle in 1st gear." - the way it should be!
Old 03-12-2013, 02:40 PM   #153
1FZ1

Im also in.
1FZ1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 04:35 PM   #154
Stella Blue
Yucksamush

Sounds like it's all over but the wait..... I'm in too.
Stella Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 05:39 PM   #155
bimmerjo

I'm in, I'm so excited I think I just wet myself!

bimmerjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 06:36 PM   #156
FZ1inTX
Grampa on a FZ1

I'm likely an in. I was always curious about the ECUnleashed but with Ivan not doing the fuel mapping and unlocking everything, this is the better choice.

Ivan, how will this stack up with all the mods like the LARS airbox, K&N AF, Graves velocity stacks, gutted CAT, Slip-on and PCV w/O2 delete? I guess the question is, will there be an Ivan Map for that?
Old 03-12-2013, 08:42 PM   #157
Rat Sass
I smell a "Rat"

Praise the Lord and pass the potatoes! Count me in on this bufffet!
Old 03-13-2013, 03:53 AM   #158
Ivan
Performance Master

I don't know if a bike with a stock header w/slip-on and gutted cat will lift the wheel at 4500 rpm.... The header tubes are pretty short and don't start to scavenge the cylinders well until after 6000-6500rpm.
(I won't be re-visiting this again)

I'm doing some more testing today... so there will be more charts later this week.
(not exhaust tests)

Ivan
Old 03-14-2013, 06:32 AM   #159
Rat Sass
I smell a "Rat"

Ivan,
You will need to hold a lottery to assign who and when we send in our ECUs. If you dont have a plan in place we will bury you and your UPS driver in packages. Feel free to put me in the first wave.
Old 03-14-2013, 06:47 AM   #160
JohnnyLfromCT
MILF bait

Good point...

Ivano, when does the waiting list begin, and how does a brother get on there???

Inquiring minds wanna know.

Go Back   FZ1OA Message Board > FZ1 & Fazer Owners Association > Exhausts, Carburetion & Performance > Gen 2 Exhausts, Fueling & Performance