register a new account, it's free!
fz1oa store
email the fz1oa webmasters
read the fz1oa guidelines
read the fz1oa policy
open pat's fz1 site in a new window
open iowaz fz1 site in a new window
technical tips

Go Back   FZ1OA Message Board > FZ1 & Fazer Owners Association > General Motorcycle Discussion

Old 08-08-2014, 08:17 AM   #21
thepopularjock
Sometimes I "Drunk Post" :)

I was thinking the chances of any of us being picked were very very very small but I sure was hoping someone at the OA would get picked.It would be awesome to get some inside information on this helmet.
thepopularjock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2014, 10:46 AM   #22
Damn Yankee
Blood,Sweat and Gears.

pricing for pre-orders is released 8-11
?????
any guesses?
Old 08-08-2014, 06:06 PM   #23
thepopularjock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damn Yankee View Post
pricing for pre-orders is released 8-11
?????
any guesses?

I have not been able to find anything on price. IDK - I was reading numbers somewhere around $800 - $1000 but who knows if that is true? The Skully website is staying tight lipped.

http://www.skullysystems.com/faqs/

Quote:
Where can I buy a SKULLY Helmet?
SKULLY AR-1 will be on sale via our website later this year.

How much will the SKULLY AR-1 cost?
Pricing will be communicated when the AR-1 goes on sale.

Just to stir the pot a little ............ There is a new helmet that has been getting some attention. COMPLETELY different design.

http://www.dealernews.com/dealernews...s-rider-safety

LOL

They are not hiding their price point: 3 models ~ $300, $500, $800

LOL "Rear Entry Helmet" WooooHoooo!!!!!

Last edited by thepopularjock; 08-08-2014 at 09:57 PM.
Old 08-11-2014, 07:06 AM   #24
atillamaster

Wow. Starting at $1299 and going up to $25,000.

http://www.skullysystems.com/#perks
atillamaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2014, 07:15 AM   #25
Alley Oop
Proof That Man Rode Dinosaurs

Just one question:

Does it work with bifocals?

Old 08-11-2014, 10:31 AM   #26
ajbigwood
Darth Fazer

I can't imagine owning a helmet that cost HALF the price I paid for my whole bike.....don't really care how cool it is. As much as I'd like to own one, I already have my GPS in a cradle, I have rear view mirrors, and I have a bluetooth system on my helmet.

That being said....all those things tallied up are probably not all that far off, price wise....
04-06 R1 front end w/ carbon fiber fender; R1 master cylinder; Penske 8981 shock; Ivan's jet kit; SW Motech top/side racks; Givi E360 panniers; Coocase S50 top case; 4° advancer; Throttlemeister cruise control; NC shield w/ laminar lip; Sargent Seat; 17t sprocket; Galfer braided lines; R1 shift arm; 12V outlet; Watsen signals; Competition Werkes fender eliminator; Grip puppies; Oxford heated grips; Tech-Spec tank pads; varied GoPro mounts; custom radiator guard; M4 slip-on.
ajbigwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2014, 02:54 PM   #27
zygee
Dapper man

I need this helmet in my life, coolest one I ever saw.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ZdcWd594lRw

You can't tell me you don't want this. I've wanted something like this forever. Was thinking bout Google glass but I'll wait for it to drop in price in a few years. I haven't even checked the price on the helmet yet but I'm sure it's depressing.

Yep, just checked. $1,400 to $1,600 is depressing.

Last edited by zygee; 08-11-2014 at 02:58 PM. Reason: Checked the price
zygee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2014, 05:33 PM   #28
theunderfighter
Resident Beer Snob

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajbigwood View Post
That being said....all those things tallied up are probably not all that far off, price wise....
A good point. And it's worth it, as long as the helmet doesn't compromise anywhere else. As long as the helmet is right in there with the $600-$800 helmets, and is then able to provide the HUD, bt, etc,etc..... That's not a bad price-point.... $1500 or so that is. If it climbs over $2,000, that's just a joke.
theunderfighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2014, 07:00 PM   #29
thepopularjock

I think you guys are correct. JUST BASED ON WHAT YOU GET - it's probably a fair price. NOW WHETHER OR NOT THE MARKET WILL SUPPORT SUCH AN EXPENSIVE HELMET - That may be another story???
I have been watching this Skully hlemet and they put A TON Of effort into this launch. So far the base model has sold out but that is the only one. I have to say that would probably be a bad showing financially. I received several emails saying "If you order early you will get a discount - HURRY - THESE WILL GO FAST!!!!". Maybe not as fast as they thought???
These guys dropped a BUNCH of money into R&D and now they have to find a way to move the product. IDK - it will be interesting to see if this product finds a place in the market. Dropping a thousand bucks is a pretty big deal for most people........

Here are all the options & prices:

http://www.skullysystems.com/#perks

Old 08-12-2014, 12:30 AM   #30
phillnorthcarolina

they started presales today and I signed up for one. My current scorpion is due to be replaced and I can't think of a better way to spend $1200.00, that's legal anyway. Supposed to ship March 2015.
Old 08-13-2014, 05:54 AM   #31
thepopularjock

Well I need to eat my words - according to Skully's FB page they did 800K in business for one day. LOL I would say that is a good opening.
Old 08-13-2014, 05:55 AM   #32
thepopularjock

Quote:
Originally Posted by phillsandiego View Post
they started presales today and I signed up for one. My current scorpion is due to be replaced and I can't think of a better way to spend $1200.00, that's legal anyway. Supposed to ship March 2015.

Awesome!
Please write up a review when you get your Skully.
Old 08-13-2014, 08:49 AM   #33
OldBiker

Quote:
Originally Posted by phillsandiego View Post
What's their return policy if it doesn't fit?
OldBiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2014, 09:15 AM   #34
markowinnipeg

Better question is what is their return policy if wife finds out I just spent $1500.00 and a helmet!
Yoshi slip-Ivans jet kit-AIS removed-carb equalizing-DID X chain-16/45 Renthal Sprockets-Speedo Healer-LED Signals-Undertail / fender eliminator-heated grips-Michelin Pilot Road 2's-T Rex Sliders-EBC Double H brake pads-Death Grip Forkbrace-forks raised 0.5", Corbin seat-Chin Fairing-4 Degree Timing Advance-R6 Rear Shock
markowinnipeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2014, 12:47 PM   #35
OSUFZ1
14' National Champions

I like the general idea however, as many auto drivers prove on a daily basis, it doesn't take much to distract the operator of a motor vehicle. I love technology and that helmet looks super cool but I must say that will lead to some distracted riding if people are fumbling through the Pandora, phone, navigation and other features. As a pure rear view "mirror" it's fantastic. Add in all the other bells and whistles and I think you're going to have most skully users too distracted.
OSUFZ1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2014, 01:15 PM   #36
russperry

I'd be interested but only if I was sure that my driving habits were not automatically being beamed to Google,the NSA and who knows who else. I know that they can get quite a bit of the data already from the GPS chip in my iPhone, but how bad would it suck to have visual evidence of any of your driving issues being readily available in legal proceedings?
Old 08-15-2014, 02:35 PM   #37
iluvmyfz1
Just enjoy the machine....

Quote:
Originally Posted by russperry View Post
I'd be interested but only if I was sure that my driving habits were not automatically being beamed to Google,the NSA and who knows who else. I know that they can get quite a bit of the data already from the GPS chip in my iPhone, but how bad would it suck to have visual evidence of any of your driving issues being readily available in legal proceedings?
So you're saying the entire helmet is like a huge inductive pickup which reads all your thoughts and transmits them to the NSA and Google?

My Android doesn't do that. I checked. BTW, Steve Jobs didn't actually die, he simply returned to the underworld from whence he came.
-'03 FZ1- "Xena"- Custom Orange/Red paint- FuzzyOne mirror mod- SW Motech QR racks- Givi E460 top- E21 side cases- SS brake lines - Scorpion slip-on- R6 shock- Throttlemeisters- Sargent seat- R1 shift arm- Custom sprocket cover- Cheap ass battery- Extended passenger pegs - Gauge of Eternal Coolness - Valtermoto Rearsets - HIDs -
iluvmyfz1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2014, 06:19 PM   #38
thepopularjock

I agree with you guys about the potential for being distracted. That can be deadly.............However I would only use the technology when it was necessary. By that I mean I would not go driving along checking my Facebook or trading day stocks. I think I would pull over and check my location, launch my GPS destination when I'm lost, etc. That seems like it would cut the risk factor quite a bit. Of course just like cell phones - there will be people who drive along texting - that will always happen. I just think if you use it responsibly then it could be a great thing to have.
I like the idea of having a GPS, rear view & phone together. All that tech wrapped up in one package is awesome!!! Not to mention ~ from all the reviews I have read, this is a very nice helmet w/o all the bells and whistles. So when you add all the extras - that is pretty nice.
Old 08-15-2014, 06:23 PM   #39
phillnorthcarolina

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldBiker View Post
What's their return policy if it doesn't fit?
for the money I'm returning until it does fit. My brother does movie special effects, maybe he will have to cast my head and I'll send the in. I'm still going to think positive. It's not like they have already taken the money oil of my account yet.

End of the first day they raised over 1 million. They said because of the volume they were able to negotiate better prices from their suppliers and everyone who ordered was getting $100 off the price.
Old 08-16-2014, 08:07 AM   #40
DCrippa

Signed up for beta testing...

I got the same email and notice to pre-order. It turned out to be too rich for my blood. I could buy another used bike for the asking price but damn I want one.

Go Back   FZ1OA Message Board > FZ1 & Fazer Owners Association > General Motorcycle Discussion