read the fz1oa policy
open pat's fz1 site in a new window
open iowaz fz1 site in a new window
technical tips

Go Back   FZ1OA Message Board > FZ1 & Fazer Owners Association > Riding Gear

Old 05-06-2013, 08:47 PM   #1
Rx_Redline
Moding Maniac

Looking for Riding pants, what do you wear?

Im looking into a pair of riding pants, trying to get myself in the mind set of "Dress for slide NOT the ride". Almost all my riding is in dry hot conditions so im looking for breathable riding pants with slide and some armor protection. I was looking into kevlar jeans but they don't look very "cool" temp wise. So I found the "Tour Master Tracker textile air pants" Anyone using these or kevlar jeans? The "air pants" seem to fit my criteria but im wondering if anyone has them or has an alternative suggestion. Please keep in mind I'm looking for something breathable that will also be worn off the bike when watching races, Style is not top priority but does play a factor. Thanks for your help and suggestions.
Copperdawg speedscreen II•R&M hugger•CF Cowel•1" Risers•POD signals•Flush front signals•Diamond Bar Mirrors•Pulsating headlights•Integrated LED tail light•Fender eliminator•SS braided brake lines•Shorty levers•Gel grips•Throttlemeister•DirtRoad Seat•T-Rex Sliders•Scorpion Can•EXUP eliminator•AIS Blocked•Gutted Cat•Airbox mod•K&N filter•Velocity Stacks•PCIII•Ivanized ECU•Fuel line Mod•12V Outlet•Lush Lowering link•16/47 Gearing•Dunlop Q3•Mobil1
4T

Ride More Worry Less
Rx_Redline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 09:03 PM   #2
gigag04
Chicken Stripper

What size?

I've been riding track only for the forseable future so I'm in a suit. I have a set of Tourmasters I got over winter that were too big for me. They are XLs.
gigag04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 09:15 PM   #3
Rx_Redline
Moding Maniac

I would probably be a Large Short, lol. Im 5.6 190lbs 29" inseam, 36" waist.
Copperdawg speedscreen II•R&M hugger•CF Cowel•1" Risers•POD signals•Flush front signals•Diamond Bar Mirrors•Pulsating headlights•Integrated LED tail light•Fender eliminator•SS braided brake lines•Shorty levers•Gel grips•Throttlemeister•DirtRoad Seat•T-Rex Sliders•Scorpion Can•EXUP eliminator•AIS Blocked•Gutted Cat•Airbox mod•K&N filter•Velocity Stacks•PCIII•Ivanized ECU•Fuel line Mod•12V Outlet•Lush Lowering link•16/47 Gearing•Dunlop Q3•Mobil1
4T

Ride More Worry Less
Old 05-06-2013, 09:19 PM   #4
gigag04
Chicken Stripper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rx_Redline View Post
I would probably be a Large Short, lol. Im 5.6 190lbs 29" inseam, 36" waist.
We are built like twins then...these would be fine, but about 5" too long, like they are on me.
gigag04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 09:56 PM   #5
UnionRep

I have looking at both of these, just trying to whittle down my belly a little more before buying.

http://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/a...e-vented-pants

http://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/a...o-vented-pants
UnionRep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 12:16 AM   #6
ZachD
My life is my message!!

What about these: http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com...mer-Pants.aspx
ZachD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 03:27 AM   #7
WileyLogHomes
Need a Log Home?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigag04 View Post
We are built like twins then...these would be fine, but about 5" too long, like they are on me.
I'm 6'3, with a 32" inseam and 40" waist, would you they fit me?
Old 05-07-2013, 04:27 AM   #8
jimmydteach
crazyscot

I have the Tourmaster Venture Air pants. They are an overpant that has mesh in part of the legs and crotch, padding in the hips, and ce armor in the knees (fully adjustable). They zip up the sid of the legs for easy on and off over boots. I love mine and have ridden wearing them over shorts in 90+ degree days feeling very comfortable. They came with a quilted liner for cold days and a rain liner. I have swapped the hip pads w/ D30 armor and am waiting on D30 knee armor. Really, can't say enough for these pants. Also, I am a big fan of TourMaster products. I find their stuff to be of high quality at a very good price. This link will give you a good idea. I know I didn't pay that much for them, but would as they are worth it. http://www.motorcyclegear.com/street...cle_pants.html
jimmydteach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 06:11 AM   #9
WDD

I can tell you from experience that First Gear Mesh Tech pants survive a nice long slide. NewEnough.com is where I usually go for gear.
Old 05-07-2013, 06:36 AM   #10
OSUFZ1
14' National Champions

Olympia X Moto or Airglide

Olympia X Moto pants.
Video review here

They transfer from solid shell for cooler/cold rides to large vent panels for the summer. It's done in seconds with the panel storing behind the knee armor. So you are getting two pant styles in one. The system works very well.

Lower portion of leg has rain guard built in which is great when wet roads are splashing up on you. Comes with a full rain liner as well.

I've had them for several years and very happy with them.

Air Glide
Video review here
If you want to full on venting pant and don't care about sealing them up then the Olympia Air Glide pant is the choice.

Both pants have full side zips all the way up to upper hip.

RevZilla is great vendor that carries the line.

Last edited by OSUFZ1; 05-07-2013 at 10:49 AM.
OSUFZ1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 07:25 AM   #11
Jammd
Abiding....barely

Olympia airglide mesh pants. Fit more like jeans, not too baggy. Good flow and armor
Jammd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 07:54 AM   #12
DCL_CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigag04 View Post
What size?

I've been riding track only for the forseable future so I'm in a suit. I have a set of Tourmasters I got over winter that were too big for me. They are XLs.
I may be interested in the pants if they'd fit. I'm 6', 210, and 35"/36" waist, 34" +/- inseam. Let me know what you think and what you'd want for 'em!

Thanks.

Bikes past and present: 2007 Cobalt Blue Yamaha FZ1 (current), 2005 Titanium Kawasaki ZX-10R, 2001 Kawasaki ZX-9R (wifey's), 1994 Kawasaki ZX-9R (see a common theme?), 1989 Yamaha FZR 600, 1982 Yamaha Seca 750
DCL_CT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 08:12 AM   #13
Kburggibbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by WileyLogHomes View Post
I'm 6'3, with a 32" inseam and 40" waist, would you they fit me?
I've still got these for sale, Wiley.

http://yamahafz1oa.com/forum/showpos...51&postcount=2

"Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter." -- Martin Luther King Jr.
Kburggibbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 11:46 AM   #14
Sammax
Rest in peace Donnie

I got these but have yet to ride with them. Definitley oversized in the waist. Mostly mesh. Icon Anthem pants. http://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/i...esh-over-pants
Attached Images
File Type: jpg icon_anthem_mesh_over_pants_detail.jpg (8.0 KB, 383 views)
Inventory;
- 02 FZ1 (Gen 1),
- 05 Yamaha WR450
- 06 Yamaha TTR50
- 06 Kawasaki KLX 125
Sammax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 11:51 AM   #15
theunderfighter
Resident Beer Snob

Good thread here. I'm in the same market, and same climate.
Though, I'm looking for things with a 34" waist, and 34/36" length haha.
theunderfighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 02:12 PM   #16
loosenut
Now where did that come from?

I have been very surprised with how cool my Alpinestars BAT leather pants are on hot days. The liner does a good job. The perforated ones have got to be even better.

1997 Honda GoldWing
2008 GasGas 250 TXT Pro

2004 GasGas Pampera 280 (hers)
loosenut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 02:16 PM   #17
Rx_Redline
Moding Maniac

Thank you for all the suggestions and reviews. Really like the olimpia line, both the air flow and recon look like good variations of what im looking for. How true to size are these fitting in the waist? I love the 6" hemibale cuff at 5.6" thats a huge plus!! Please keep the reviews coming, as I am still not 100% decided.

My brother from another mother Gigag04 may like these too with the 6" hemibale cuff!
4T

Ride More Worry Less

Last edited by Rx_Redline; 05-07-2013 at 02:37 PM.
Old 05-07-2013, 02:25 PM   #18
Rx_Redline
Moding Maniac

I know leather is by far superior protection over textile but i just can not do it. I started with a leather jacket and it had to go, toooo HOT. Remeber Im riding in 75-105 degree weather with few shaded roads. No arguing that its the best but it is also the hottest, i have to have somthing cool or i wont wear them. I have always worn my helmet, gloves and boots. Just started wearing a jacket, so I need babysteps to get away from the squidly wear Im used to. Thanks for the suggestions though all are appreciated.

One other thing, i will not be buying black pants, for temp reasons. I like the dark grey, grey or white, Just not black.
4T

Ride More Worry Less
Old 05-07-2013, 02:48 PM   #19
loosenut
Now where did that come from?

Quote:
I know leather is by far superior protection over textile but i just can not do it. I started with a leather jacket and it had to go, toooo HOT. Remeber Im riding in 75-105 degree weather with few shaded roads. No arguing that its the best but it is also the hottest, i have to have somthing cool or i wont wear them. I have always worn my helmet, gloves and boots. Just started wearing a jacket, so I need babysteps to get away from the squidly wear Im used to. Thanks for the suggestions though all are appreciated.

One other thing, i will not be buying black pants, for temp reasons. I like the dark grey, grey or white, Just not black.
I understand. I grew up in Central Florida and then spent 10 years in Dallas, TX. I know heat and humidity all too well. The leather pants are generally cooler than jeans with mesh over-pants and definitely cooler than the Tourmaster non-vented textile pants I have. If I ride to the coast, I have to carry a windbreaker so the cold ocean air doesn't freeze me.

I got my wife the Olympia Airglide jacket and pants. Very nice!

1997 Honda GoldWing
2008 GasGas 250 TXT Pro

2004 GasGas Pampera 280 (hers)
loosenut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 06:47 AM   #20
OSUFZ1
14' National Champions

Quote:
Thank you for all the suggestions and reviews. Really like the olimpia line, both the air flow and recon look like good variations of what im looking for. How true to size are these fitting in the waist? I love the 6" hemibale cuff at 5.6" thats a huge plus!! Please keep the reviews coming, as I am still not 100% decided.

My brother from another mother Gigag04 may like these too with the 6" hemibale cuff!
I have found the Olympia pants are true to your blue jean size. I wear 33/34 waist in jeans and bought 34 in Olympia. Fit great.

The adjustable hem allows you to play with length. In the odd chance you find them too short Olympia will mail you some Cordura for free to have a tailor sew on for you.
OSUFZ1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   FZ1OA Message Board > FZ1 & Fazer Owners Association > Riding Gear