click here for fz1oa web site home page
register a new account, it's free!
email the fz1oa webmasters
read the fz1oa guidelines
read the fz1oa policy
open pat's fz1 site in a new window
open iowaz fz1 site in a new window
technical tips

Go Back   FZ1OA Message Board > FZ1 & Fazer Owners Association > General Motorcycle Discussion

Old 04-14-2019, 04:47 PM   #21
didier9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cougar View Post
I'm selling the 1290 GT and I received this email from a potential buyer:

Hello, Thank you for getting back to me.Can you assure me that is in good state and that i will not be disappointed with it.I'm ready to pay your asking price and to be honest, i wanted to buy this for my Dad, but the issue is I'm a marine biologist and i do have a contract to go for which starts tomorrow and am leaving any moment from now.The contract is strictly no call due to the lack of reception on the sea area. But I'm able to access email anytime as we will make use of laptop so my only quickest payment option is PayPal as i can send money via PayPal anytime.since I'm requesting this transaction to be done via PayPal, i will be responsible for all the paypal fee/charges on this transaction and if you don't have an account with paypal,its pretty easy, safe and secured to open one. Just log on to www.paypal.com. and I hope we can make the purchase as fast as possible?I have a mover that will come for the pick up once payment clears and i will like to see more pics i look forward to hear back from you soon.

Your PayPal e-Mail Address :
Full name:
Firm Price:
Phone Number:
Pick Up Address

I apologies for the long message.

Thanks

It seems like he's more at risk than me because I would have the money in my bank account before I go to the bank to pay it off and have title released.

What say the wise ones?
Sorry to sound negative but this looks exactly like the craigslist scams your mother warned you about, or should have. Google it for examples.

Don’t walk away from it, run.
Old 04-14-2019, 07:41 PM   #22
iluvmyfz1
Just enjoy the machine....

I'm leaving to go on a great sea voyage any moment now. There are no phones, no lights, no motorcars, not a single luxury. Except email. And high speed internet for the PP.

I wish someone would track down just one of these dirtbags and send them to ISIS. That's a beheading I'd PPV.
-'03 FZ1- "Xena"- Custom Orange/Red paint- FuzzyOne mirror mod- SW Motech QR racks- Givi E460 top- E21 side cases- SS brake lines - Scorpion slip-on- R6 shock- Throttlemeisters- Sargent seat- R1 shift arm- Custom sprocket cover- Cheap ass battery- Extended passenger pegs - Gauge of Eternal Coolness - Valtermoto Rearsets - LEDs -
iluvmyfz1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2019, 07:53 PM   #23
Cougar
Nerd Herder

Quote:
Originally Posted by iluvmyfz1 View Post
I'm leaving to go on a great sea voyage any moment now. There are no phones, no lights, no motorcars, not a single luxury. Except email. And high speed internet for the PP.

I wish someone would track down just one of these dirtbags and send them to ISIS. That's a beheading I'd PPV.
Me too John!
'06, Ivan's ECU Flash, PCIII, Scorpion Can, Airbox Mod, Wire Re-route, 16T, Speedohealer, Ivan's AIS Kit, Cat Skinned, Flies Swatted, EXUP Gone, Lower Fairings, EvoTech Fender Eliminator, Givi V35's and Top Box, SW-Motech Racks, FZ-6 Footpeg Rubber, Blind Spot's Fuel Line, Fren Tubo Brake Lines & Pazzo Levers, Luke's Seat Latch Mod, R1 Shock & Satan's Adapter, Duken4evr Fork Oil, R6 Throttle, CD Screen

Cougar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2019, 09:51 AM   #24
Cougar
Nerd Herder

Well, PayPal wasn't very helpful:

Thank you for your email. We've provided some information below to help you with your question.

If you have questions regarding your dispute or claim, please visit our Help Center or view your dispute or claim in the Resolution Center. You can visit the Resolution Center by clicking Help & Contact at the bottom of any page, then click Resolution Center below the search bar.

If you notice an unauthorized transaction on your account please click Help & Contact at the bottom of any page then click Contact Customer Service. On the next page click Password and account access, then click Report unauthorized access or unknown charges. On this page we'll provide you steps to file a report online, or the option to call or email us.

If you'd like to contact us, please click Help & Contact at the bottom of any page, then click Contact Customer Service and select the reason for your contact.

Thanks for being a PayPal customer,
PayPal Security
'06, Ivan's ECU Flash, PCIII, Scorpion Can, Airbox Mod, Wire Re-route, 16T, Speedohealer, Ivan's AIS Kit, Cat Skinned, Flies Swatted, EXUP Gone, Lower Fairings, EvoTech Fender Eliminator, Givi V35's and Top Box, SW-Motech Racks, FZ-6 Footpeg Rubber, Blind Spot's Fuel Line, Fren Tubo Brake Lines & Pazzo Levers, Luke's Seat Latch Mod, R1 Shock & Satan's Adapter, Duken4evr Fork Oil, R6 Throttle, CD Screen

Cougar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2019, 10:04 AM   #25
okrider

Yeah, that's definitely a scam, I wouldn't bother replying
okrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2019, 12:10 PM   #26
WileECoyote
ACME Test Subject

Location: Bridgeville PA, its not Ten Cee but okay for now......
I'm a marine biologist and I fished out a Ping golf ball from a whales spout.................
although there are no records of it actually happening because we aren't allowed cameras or video equipment on the high seas...............................

2008 Ducati Hyper
2012 Aprilia V4 Tuono

My long lost love.......1987 FZ700
WileECoyote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2019, 12:55 PM   #27
killer5280

Quote:
Originally Posted by WileECoyote View Post
I'm a marine biologist and I fished out a Ping golf ball from a whales spout.................
although there are no records of it actually happening because we aren't allowed cameras or video equipment on the high seas...............................
That guy might be George Costanza.
Old 04-15-2019, 02:02 PM   #28
organ donor

I wouldn't care if it was legit, I wouldn't sell my motorcycle to anyone who talks like that.
organ donor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2019, 02:15 PM   #29
grommet
kinetic mentality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cougar View Post

If you'd like to contact us, please click Help & Contact at the bottom of any page, then click Contact Customer Service and select the reason for your contact.

Thanks for being a PayPal customer,
PayPal Security

This part is especially rich.

Partly stabilized, partly curious.

Be your own man; don't be an owned man.

Some people would rather be dead than wrong.
grommet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2019, 07:12 AM   #30
Fizzman
Retired

I know someone that fell for the Nigerian prince scam. I was laughing for a week because I told her not to do it.

Previous Rides: 1972 Yamaha DS7, 1977 Yamaha RD 400E, '79 400F Daytona Special, '82 RD350LC, 1980 Suzuki GS1000E (sold that one), 1982 Honda CB900F, 1984 Kawasaki GPZ900R
Fizzman is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   FZ1OA Message Board > FZ1 & Fazer Owners Association > General Motorcycle Discussion