register a new account, it's free!
fz1oa store
email the fz1oa webmasters
read the fz1oa guidelines
read the fz1oa policy
open pat's fz1 site in a new window
open iowaz fz1 site in a new window
technical tips

Go Back   FZ1OA Message Board > FZ1 & Fazer Owners Association > "Off Topic" Discussion

Old 01-01-2014, 07:57 PM   #121
Torchsport
Deer Whisperer

I'm in. My gf has been fattening me up the last few years with her excellent cooking. I told her no more big portions!
I've put on 25+ lbs the last few years.

I'm at 199. Goal is to get back to 175.
2006 Harley Davidson V-Rod Street Rod (*Not a real Harley)
2003 Yamaha YZF-R1 (My favorite generation)

*My reply: If you dont like motorcycles that handle/perform as one should, then yeah...the V-Rod is NOT a real Harley.

Last edited by Torchsport; 01-31-2014 at 10:49 PM.
Torchsport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 08:19 PM   #122
Brian Keith
MEF

It's funny I just saw this thread. My wife and I have been on the Medifast plan since April. I've lost 85 lbs and she's lost 90. It wasn't something I had really planned on doing, I did it because she wanted to do it but was afraid it would be too hard to do alone. I guess it would have been hard watching me eat a pizza every night. Losing the weight wasn't hard really. I try not to say that very often because I know how much people struggle with it. I just followed the plan and ate the food you buy off of the Medifast website. You eat every two hours to keep the metabolism going then have a "lean and green" meal for dinner or lunch. Your allowed 6 oz. of a lean meat and a lot of no starch vegetables. I've really learned a lot about watching the nutrition content and calorie in take. We are getting ready to transition off the diet part and get back to a normal healthier diet than what used to be our norm. It's really been a great experience, I was up to 250 lbs (at 5'8") and was really uncomfortable riding the bike. I gained a lot when I started a new job that wasn't as physical and as a result the last few years I didn't ride as much as I used to. I weigh 153 now which is less than when I was in my 20's.

I couldn't recommend Medifast to everyone. A lot of the food isn't that great tasting but once I got used to it and saw the results I didn't care. If you're not picky it may help. My wife's client is our health coach. It's nice to have someone to ask questions but after about a week we really didn't need her help much, it's a pretty simple plan.

Last edited by Brian Keith; 01-05-2014 at 08:53 AM.
Brian Keith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 08:44 PM   #123
Torchsport
Deer Whisperer

Well done Brian!
2006 Harley Davidson V-Rod Street Rod (*Not a real Harley)
2003 Yamaha YZF-R1 (My favorite generation)

*My reply: If you dont like motorcycles that handle/perform as one should, then yeah...the V-Rod is NOT a real Harley.
Torchsport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 06:59 AM   #124
AndyW
Dumbass with a full PM inbox..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Keith View Post
You eat every two hours to keep the metabolism going
.. and I forgot about this. I've been skipping meals because I can, but I shouldn't. Need to stock up on healthy snacks.
..a

Which would you prefer?
AndyW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 07:29 AM   #125
Dbl K
I have created Fire!

Well somewhere in the history of this thread I stated I was 220 and wanted to hit 180. Well I got to 191ish around Thanksgiving when I ran the 1/2 marathon. Since then it's gone to hell in a hand basket. Up to 199 as of this morning......so back on the horse.

Got a 10k end of Feb that I have a goal time of less than 48min so I think I'll be back to the 190 fairly quickly, now if I can just get over the hump and into the 180s.

Damn eating disorder!
Old 01-02-2014, 03:04 PM   #126
Kburggibbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbl K View Post
Well somewhere in the history of this thread I stated I was 220 and wanted to hit 180. Well I got to 191ish around Thanksgiving when I ran the 1/2 marathon. Since then it's gone to hell in a hand basket. Up to 199 as of this morning......so back on the horse.

Got a 10k end of Feb that I have a goal time of less than 48min so I think I'll be back to the 190 fairly quickly, now if I can just get over the hump and into the 180s.

Damn eating disorder!
Hey, but now you know you can do it!! You got this.

I'm actually having the reverse problem. I had gastric bypass surgery almost six years ago at 310 pounds. Today I'm down to about 157!!! Too skinny. Yes, I'm more flexible and my wife says I look great, but my back is so jacked up I can't exercise (going for a surgery consult the 17th) so hopefully I can get it fixed and get back on the exercise horse. I'm definitely a little malnourished and need to be better about taking my supplements. I like being this light though as it sure is easy to move around and my joints, except for my back, sure thank me for it. Good luck, guys.

"Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter." -- Martin Luther King Jr.
Kburggibbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 07:00 PM   #127
Bogie
Sorting it all out!!

I will be 43 on the 18th and I started my life style changes March of last year.

I am 5'8" - 5'9" depending on which gas station I am running out of. lol

I was 379 lbs on March 11th, 2013. Today I am down to 228lbs with more work to do with body fat loss and muscle gain but I have given my life the changes to get it done.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Before and After (2).jpg (39.8 KB, 77 views)
Bogie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 07:15 PM   #128
Sammax
Rest in peace Donnie

That is awesome! You have lost almost what I weight.
Inventory;
- 02 FZ1 (Gen 1),
- 05 Yamaha WR450
- 06 Yamaha TTR50
- 06 Kawasaki KLX 125
Sammax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 07:21 PM   #129
t84a
Real Bikers Pedal

Way to go, Bogie. You should definitely be super proud of yourself.

JOIN THE AMA
Helmet Fact
My local powder coater
t84a is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 08:21 PM   #130
Bogie
Sorting it all out!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammax View Post
That is awesome! You have lost almost what I weight.
Thanks...I feel so much better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by t84a View Post
Way to go, Bogie. You should definitely be super proud of yourself.
Thank you and I am very proud!!!
Old 01-04-2014, 08:53 PM   #131
Fitty
Let's Ride!

Congratulations Brian and Bogie! Great accomplishments for sure. And Kris, 199 is better than 220. Keep it up.

Fitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 09:04 PM   #132
AndyW
Dumbass with a full PM inbox..

Just damn, Bogie! Congrats!
..a

Which would you prefer?
AndyW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 07:45 AM   #133
jredford
Musical Metal

Great stuff guys! Congrats!

2013 Ninja 300 Race Bike
2016 KTM 1290 Super Adventure
jredford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 08:13 AM   #134
Duken4evr
Map Maven

For anyone considering it, I got the family a Nutribullet for Christmas. What a kick ass little machine. It really does work better than anything else I have ever seen.

Went to Costco, got some big bags of frozen fruit, toss in a banana, a scoop of protein powder and holy crap - what a tasty smoothie. Been drinking these about 40 minutes before working out and feel turbocharged in the gym. The kids tend to be breakfast skippers, which is a terrible habit. They have been enjoying these as well. Dunno if the Nutribullet is is really a weight loss thing, but it is definitely a feel better energy thing.

Amazing amounts of weight some of you have lost. That has got to be so liberating!

Wise man said - "Don't go bagger too soon".

Get your FI maps right here:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/nr...1_Map_Pack.zip

Akra full exhaust mindless stationary rev out Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w5UNYBqHd7M
Duken4evr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 08:34 AM   #135
Bogie
Sorting it all out!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyW View Post
Just damn, Bogie! Congrats!
..a
Thank you.
Old 01-05-2014, 08:51 AM   #136
Brian Keith
MEF

That's great, you've not only lost weight but it looks like you lost years too. Glad to hear you've changed your way of thinking. I always joke that losing the weight is the easy part but keeping it off is something else.

Congratulations.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogie View Post
I will be 43 on the 18th and I started my life style changes March of last year.

I am 5'8" - 5'9" depending on which gas station I am running out of. lol

I was 379 lbs on March 11th, 2013. Today I am down to 228lbs with more work to do with body fat loss and muscle gain but I have given my life the changes to get it done.
Brian Keith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 10:46 AM   #137
Bogie
Sorting it all out!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Keith View Post
That's great, you've not only lost weight but it looks like you lost years too. Glad to hear you've changed your way of thinking. I always joke that losing the weight is the easy part but keeping it off is something else.

Congratulations.
Thanks. Yup. The key is to change your entire way of thinking. If you don't start with the mental changes the rest won't stick.

This pic is after I had lost 106 of the 151 lost so far. I actually hate the word lost as I have no intention of ever finding them again.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg changes.jpg (27.9 KB, 62 views)
File Type: jpg Front Before and After.jpg (44.6 KB, 62 views)
Old 01-06-2014, 07:28 AM   #138
DCL_CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by WileyLogHomes View Post
So any other fatties out there trying to lose weight in the new year? I am actually making an effort, starting weight today is 264lbs. Using my fitness pal again. Wish me luck!
I'll see your challenge. Starting out at 210 today. Will post up this ongoing effort....

Bikes past and present: 2007 Cobalt Blue Yamaha FZ1 (current), 2005 Titanium Kawasaki ZX-10R, 2001 Kawasaki ZX-9R (wifey's), 1994 Kawasaki ZX-9R (see a common theme?), 1989 Yamaha FZR 600, 1982 Yamaha Seca 750
DCL_CT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 08:02 AM   #139
DCL_CT

Wow! Great inspiration from Brian, Bogie, Kburggibbs, Andy, and Wiley. I hope to be also reporting some similar successes.

Bikes past and present: 2007 Cobalt Blue Yamaha FZ1 (current), 2005 Titanium Kawasaki ZX-10R, 2001 Kawasaki ZX-9R (wifey's), 1994 Kawasaki ZX-9R (see a common theme?), 1989 Yamaha FZR 600, 1982 Yamaha Seca 750
DCL_CT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 04:12 PM   #140
mdouglas71

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Flash View Post
I started at 195 just before Thanksgiving last year... got on the bowflex plan and lost down to just under 170 and then decided it was a good temp plateau before I pushed for more. haven't really been following the plan well, and we just moved to Houston...

However, the last week or two has been a bit stressful, and I don't think I've been eating enough... the good side... the scales said 164.8 this morning... I haven't seen the south side of 165 in about 5 years... now if I can hold that and actually move on down to below 160...
Thats good... You're losing weight pretty consistently. If you want to maintain you should probably up your protein intake... That'll help you keep weight.
mdouglas71 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   FZ1OA Message Board > FZ1 & Fazer Owners Association > "Off Topic" Discussion